City in the Boroughs - Queens Edition

A lot less tension than last year when this event happened right after RBW. Biggest points that are new would be
  • Patricof said they ran the eco- jerseys including the color issue by Claudio and the coaching staff
  • Vieira said they usually save the charter flights for the playoffs; Patricof said he expects the limit to increase but not dramatically soon.

I wish I could go to one of these, but as a Westchester resident, I am not as important to the Club as someone who lives in the boroughs. Maybe if I spent a little but more than the $7200 I am already spending on tickets I would rate.

Reactions: adam
I wish I could go to one of these, but as a Westchester resident, I am not as important to the Club as someone who lives in the boroughs. Maybe if I spent a little but more than the $7200 I am already spending on tickets I would rate.
You got an entire section in the upper bowl?

I got invited as a LI resident. But also got off a plane today at 4:30. By the time the uber got me home and I got other things done, there was no way I would make it to Queens in time (nor had the energy). Wish they did more than a 7-11 around here. But I'll check that out tomorrow if I can and post pics. I enjoy akward situations.

I keep remembering stuff. I sort of zoned out for a bit but when I came back Vieira was talking about somebody who came here and gave up better offers in Europe to do so. I think it was Ring.

Anyone ask about stadium or attendance woes?

Anyone ask about stadium or attendance woes?
Joe Tolleson was the MC and he headed off the stadium questions. First, before he asked for questions he said "And I promise the entire front office is working very hard on getting a stadium." Later, there was a lull and for a moment nobody raised their hand to ask a question. When somebody did Tolleson said, "Thanks. For a minute there I thought I would have to ask Jon to recite his standard stadium response to fill the time."

Attendance never came up.

Last edited:

I am with you. Last year they lumped us in with the Bronx. Who in Westchester has time to take the train home after work and turn around and drive into the Bronx?

I am with you. Last year they lumped us in with the Bronx. Who in Westchester has time to take the train home after work and turn around and drive into the Bronx?
I guess it would be hard for them to find space to do something in Westchester.

Not easy to find source in a centrally located area, like, say, perhaps, Purchase.