City in the Boroughs - Queens Edition

So the response to that match on Saturday was 5 player training update videos and one from Vieira. That's a shitty job. How about an email with a letter from Claudio or Vieira? That's slightly better.
This is just a matter of personal preference, but it doesn't really matter to me. All I really want is for them to come out and play well Sunday, convince me that it was just an unfortunately timed blip and restore some of the optimism that was so pervasive last week. If they do that, I'm good. If they come out and are terrible again, have lapses on set pieces, etc, then I don't really care about apologies and all that.

This is just a matter of personal preference, but it doesn't really matter to me. All I really want is for them to come out and play well Sunday, convince me that it was just an unfortunately timed blip and restore some of the optimism that was so pervasive last week. If they do that, I'm good. If they come out and are terrible again, have lapses on set pieces, etc, then I don't really care about apologies and all that.
I agree with this. You really don't want to turn it into something bigger than it already is. It sucked. They got smoked. It was rough on the team and rough on the fans. They apologized, whether forced or facilitated or not. I feel like, at this point, some greater gesture comes off as trolling ourselves. A perfect apology for me would be an impassioned, spirited win on Sunday.

This is exactly correct. The game was terrible, but how the season turns out is more important. I liked the apologies, and I think it was important to do, but the best thing everyone can do is put it behind them and do better next time - and that includes the fans, who didn't have such a good day either.

So the response to that match on Saturday was 5 player training update videos and one from Vieira. That's a shitty job. How about an email with a letter from Claudio or Vieira? That's slightly better.
I think for most people at the event last night that response seemed completely appropriate, largely because the event last night was very good. Of course that covers maybe 0.5% of STH. But even with that understanding, I do think it is a fair approach to let the sporting side respond to sporting side failures. That's especially true for a one game problem. If we go years without making the playoffs or some such, then I could see expecting the FO to make a statement.

ask them what the hell am I to do with my citizens points if all you offer is neon socks and ugly ass shirts. Would it kill them to offer an authentic jersey on there once and a while?! i mean shit if a $30 scarf comes up once in a blue moon for 1500 pts, then surely they could offer a jersey for 6,500 pts +/- 500.

Agree - What the he...ck I would want old used shoes( possibly smelly ) or whatever they are called... oh yes cleats? I will not use my points for that.

Reactions: JayH
Did I forget to mention that we all spontaneously performed this at the end of the proceedings? PV has a surprisingly good singing voice and PM and JP were especially impressive dancers.

mgarbowski mgarbowski , oooh... Where is the video? I am 100% sure everyone in the forum would had love to see it.:D
:);)

PS: couldn't figure out who is JP? I thought only 3 reps of the club

Invites for the 2017 edition went out last week -- and were fist posted in the Manhattan version thread -- but I'm reviving this to note that this year the panel in Queens will feature Vieira, Patricof, and Rodney Wallace. The confirmation email just arrived.

Invites for the 2017 edition went out last week -- and were fist posted in the Manhattan version thread -- but I'm reviving this to note that this year the panel in Queens will feature Vieira, Patricof, and Rodney Wallace. The confirmation email just arrived.
I RSVP'd but didn't get a reply, guess I'll be going to the Mets game instead.