Colorado Postmatch

MOTM?

• McNamara

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Lampard

Votes: 39 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's very odd that two title contenders were ranked in last place over the course of the season by the Power Ranking Politburo.
It's so odd that 3 of the other 4 have all been ranked #1 with LA hitting #2, and the best we've done is #4.

And yet we've have the best win streak in the league and have been the hottest team over the last 10games with a record of 6-3-1. Dallas is 5-2-3. LA is 4-2-4. Colorado is 3-1-6.

Even over the last 15 games we've got the best record at 9-4-2. Dallas is 8-4-3. Col is 7-1-7. LA is 6-2-7.

If we're talking power based on form, then NYCFC is the #1 team. If we're talking about power based on record, then go by the combined league standings. Anything else is journalistic masterbation by a hack.

It's so odd that 3 of the other 4 have all been ranked #1 with LA hitting #2, and the best we've done is #4.

And yet we've have the best win streak in the league and have been the hottest team over the last 10games with a record of 6-3-1. Dallas is 5-2-3. LA is 4-2-4. Colorado is 3-1-6.

Even over the last 15 games we've got the best record at 9-4-2. Dallas is 8-4-3. Col is 7-1-7. LA is 6-2-7.

If we're talking power based on form, then NYCFC is the #1 team. If we're talking about power based on record, then go by the combined league standings. Anything else is journalistic masterbation by a hack.
And yet they go by the last 5. Those monsters.

I cant stress enough that you and I have been pounding the Saunders sucks drum for over a year. He brings nothing and I mean nothing to the table. Did you see him diving for balls that were not even close. And he looks so awkward and clumsy doing it too. I am sure he is a nice guy and the club likes him a lot, and I can picture him being part of the cosching staff as a GK coach in the near future or with another club. However, he is fucking awful. One of the worst keepers I have ever seen in MLS. Up there with Bouna time. If you are not familiar with Bouna time, ask a long time redbull fan.

I fear the Saunders will cost us big time in the playoffs.
I have no doubt, he will play a major role in our season's end. You can't hide that kind of horrible. As you said, we've both despised him longer than most. For good reason, he sucked even when most proclaimed he was awesome. I saw it because of where I sat. You noticed because your experience with the position. Whatever. He's been shit a long time.

He will keep his place. He will end our season. I accepted this weeks ago. Time for everyone else to accept it, as well.

Eta: this is all bullshit. I believe it. But no reason for anyone else to, frankly.

Last edited:

Not entirely true. There is power ranking as a function of form x talent.

But I'm not one to defend the mls sfb crew, so go ahead. By hell, look at what Jason Davis did. That guy has turned into a massive hater, and by turned, I mean he's letting his hate flag fly.

Last edited:
I am not going to lie Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan, the deletes make me curious.
JayH: Hi Pandora.
Pandora: Hi Jay.
JayH: What a nice box you have there. You don't mind if I just o-
This doesn't really reveal anything of substance but the deleted post quoted one of mine. I do not know which, and that's all I know. Apparently if someone posts with a quote from you then deletes it, you still get a notification. Which I reveal not to call out or embarrass Midas (I'm not worried about it and I doubt he minds this) but as a notice to others that some traces cannot be erased.

Reactions: JayH
Am I trolling if I post the ESPN MLS Power Rankings? Am I just encouraging what I mock? Can't help myself. Even I think this is worth criticizing.
http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-s...d-by-fc-dallas-with-new-york-red-bulls-second
Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 9.02.27 AM.png

Yes, the Red Bulls rise to Number 2 on the strength of a tie against the last place Chicago Fire. NYC is 6th, up five from 11th the previous week. This is the result of them overreacting to the RB smackdown of us the prior week. Montreal is also ahead of us, which I disagree with but can accept as normal Power Rankings "cleverness." Red Bulls No. 2 overall? I'm probably in the bottom 5% of this forum in my disdain for RB, but this is just stupid. Truly clever would be putting Toronto up there, but they have Toronto 8th. As I've previously mentioned, I think TFC has the best chance of winning the East besides us. Jump on their bandwagon now as a Power Ranking maven and you have a decent chance at looking smart.

Am I trolling if I post the ESPN MLS Power Rankings? Am I just encouraging what I mock? Can't help myself. Even I think this is worth criticizing.
http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-s...d-by-fc-dallas-with-new-york-red-bulls-second
View attachment 5493

Yes, the Red Bulls rise to Number 2 on the strength of a tie against the last place Chicago Fire. NYC is 6th, up five from 11th the previous week. This is the result of them overreacting to the RB smackdown of us the prior week. Montreal is also ahead of us, which I disagree with but can accept as normal Power Rankings "cleverness." Red Bulls No. 2 overall? I'm probably in the bottom 5% of this forum in my disdain for RB, but this is just stupid. Truly clever would be putting Toronto up there, but they have Toronto 8th. As I've previously mentioned, I think TFC has the best chance of winning the East besides us. Jump on their bandwagon now as a Power Ranking maven and you have a decent chance at looking smart.

I like how they wrote off our 5-1 shellacking of Colorado saying "it doesn't mean anything" - but dinged us down to #11 for losing 4-1 to New Jersey even though we were still first in the East. Crazy.

I have to say, these are easily the worst power rankings of the bunch, and that's saying something.