2016 Yellow Card Accumulation (updated October 12)

Gotham Gator

Registered
Donor
Feb 9, 2015
Bronxville, NY
Updated October 12 after the Houston game.

The league rules...
  • You are fined and suspended one game after accumulating 5 Yellow Cards.
  • After the first suspension, another can come after 3 additional Yellow Cards (e.g 8, 11, 14, etc.).
  • If you appear in 5 straight games without a booking, you get one Yellow Card knocked off. That reduction can be used three times.
Numbers in parenthesis reflect the total number of Yellow Cards a player has received without taking into account the reduction(s) described above.

8 Yellows (already served suspension): Bravo
7 Yellows: Allen (4 games to good behavior reduction)
6 Yellows: Lopez
5 Yellows (already served suspension): Villa
4 Yellows:
3 Yellows: Matarrita (4), McNamara (5)
2 Yellows: Brillant (4)
1 Yellow: Chanot, Iraola (3), Lampard (3), Martinez, Mix, Pirlo (3), Taylor (2), White (2), Mena, Mendoza
0 Yellows: Hernandez (2), Saunders (2)

No suspensions against DC United. R.J. Allen will be suspended against Columbus with a Yellow Card against DC United.

LATE SEASON UPDATE. With 2 games to go, the only player who can have a regular season suspension at this point is Allen, with a Yellow Card in the next game. Yellow Card Accumulation does not carry over into the post season, which has its own Yellow Card suspension rules.

Next Opponents
DC United - No suspensions.

Last edited:
I thought the good behavior incentive is five straight games?

Last year it was 3. This year, I have seen reference to both 3 and 5, so I am honestly not 100% sure. The official site for the rules of the Disciplinary Committee says 3, but the site for weekly status on players says 5.

didnt saunders get a yellow for wasting time? i could of sworn i saw that .

Yes. But what the ref doesn't understand is that Saunders was just slow processing the play - setting he ball down in the center on a goal kick means he has to choose one side to kick to. That's a tough decision to make.

Reactions: Goodfella

Nope. That was Matarritta.

I do need to be careful, however. I took the list from the Club's official stat site, which for some reason didn't include goalkeepers in it's stat list for this category. I've checked elsewhere and Saunders has zero.

Reactions: Kjbert

I do need to be careful, however. I took the list from the Club's official stat site, which for some reason didn't include goalkeepers in it's stat list for this category. I've checked elsewhere and Saunders has zero.
I could've sworn Saunders got one last week, but maybe it was just a warning. He is slow as hell restarting a goal kick.

I could've sworn Saunders got one last week, but maybe it was just a warning. He is slow as hell restarting a goal kick.
I thought he received on as well against Montreal for time-wasting. I do remember the announcer stating "Saunders just received a warning for time-wasting", so I guess that could either mean getting a yellow or just an actual warning without a card.

Either way, the box score doesn't show Saunders receiving one.

I was watching the game on FS1 and they definitely showed that Saunders got a yellow. I didn't actually see the ref give it though... just the drop down below the score indicating it happened.

I was watching the game on FS1 and they definitely showed that Saunders got a yellow. I didn't actually see the ref give it though... just the drop down below the score indicating it happened.
You guys are mixing up games. Saunders did receive a yellow last night for time-wasting.

Gotham Gator Gotham Gator post was in reference to the Vancouver game I believe

Reactions: joe