• McNamara

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Lampard

Votes: 39 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

13662233_627783494061777_1167712446862391561_o.jpg

Last edited:
Outing myself as a weirdo but I don't drink at matches. This is one of the reasons why.
If you're able to pregame at one of the local bars then there's really no need. And after a win like this there's plenty of motivation to do some post game drinking as well.

So, let me tell you about this strange, strange day...

This.

I can't even get into ALL of the things that were so special about this day but I will say this: After the incredible win, I walk across the street to Dugout per usual. I had a hankering for some potato chips so I go into the Family Dollar next door. I walk over to the chips aisle and my heart stops for a second... THEY HAD CHILI CHEESE FRITOS! Do you know how fucking hard it is to find Chili Cheese Fritos in NYC!? They had 2 4.5 oz bags at that. I grabbed them so fast and I just stood in awe as I waited on line to pay for them.

I really love Chili Cheese Fritos.

This.

I can't even get into ALL of the things that were so special about this day but I will say this: After the incredible win, I walk across the street to Dugout per usual. I had a hankering for some potato chips so I go into the Family Dollar next door. I walk over to the chips aisle and my heart stops for a second... THEY HAD CHILI CHEESE FRITOS! Do you know how fucking hard it is to find Chili Cheese Fritos in NYC!? They had 2 4.5 oz bags at that. I grabbed them so fast and I just stood in awe as I waited on line to pay for them.

It's the simple things

This.

So does this mean you are a fellow fan of the southern delicacy (and inspiration of the flavor) known as a Frito pie? It's so damn good.

This.

Send me some $$ I'll mail you as many big bags as you want lol.

Just rewatched the highlights. Once again, for anyone who doubts what Pirlo brings, go take a look at our first goal. Pirlo gets no assist, but I don't think there are 3 other players in MLS who would have dummied that pass through to Martinez. It was pure unsung brilliance.

Counterfactual hypothetical:

Villa plays Saturday, but just about everything else goes exactly was it was, or as near as can be. Bottom line: it's minute 84, we're winning 4-0, and Harrison earns a PK. Villa is scoreless and Lampard is sitting on his brace. Who takes the penalty kick? Does your answer change if Villa has one goal, presumably the Taylor one? My guess is Villa let's Frank take it regardless, but my confidence in that is only moderate.

Counterfactual hypothetical:

Villa plays Saturday, but just about everything else goes exactly was it was, or as near as can be. Bottom line: it's minute 84, we're winning 4-0, and Harrison earns a PK. Villa is scoreless and Lampard is sitting on his brace. Who takes the penalty kick? Does your answer change if Villa has one goal, presumably the Taylor one? My guess is Villa let's Frank take it regardless, but my confidence in that is only moderate.

To me your missing the biggest factor: Villa is chasing a scoring title. We will never know but I think 100% Villa takes it.

Just rewatched the highlights. Once again, for anyone who doubts what Pirlo brings, go take a look at our first goal. Pirlo gets no assist, but I don't think there are 3 other players in MLS who would have dummied that pass through to Martinez. It was pure unsung brilliance.

Yup, Pirlo dummies the ball and freezes the defense which allows that split second for the cross to get off successfully. Reminds me of an earlier game where Pirlo occupied the defense and laid it off to Tommy Mac, giving him the space to set and hit a screamer from outside the box. Beautiful to watch the Maestro work.