Columbus 1st Leg ECS - Postmatch

I used to like Viera but he just doesnt seem to get fired up or react to whats going on, he seems to start the game with a plan and refuse to adapt no matter whats happening. Other managers would be going nuts based on that performance but he just stood there looking dumb

What the hell was Callens thinking? I just don't understand how you can absolutely ruin the season by putting that elbow up.

Johnson, Harrison, Wallace, Sweat, and White were all terrible.

Maxi needs to be selfish and shoot the damn ball.

Villa never gave up, but it also meant that we got frustrated Villa who tried to do too much. Considering how everyone else was playing, I get it, but Crew was collapsing down on him since they knew he was the dangerous one.

I don't get the Okoli sub. Maybe it was to occupy the CBs so Villa could get some space, but he needed to be better.

I don't blame this on PV. Those wanting him fired seem crazy to me. He didn't make any weird choices with the XI. I get you could argue on the full backs, but they weren't crazy choices. He had Ring and Herrera playing more forward, and we were attack-minded. Down 1-0 at half with how many chances were missed wasn't a terrible result. And it sure as hell wasnt his fault that Callens lost his mind. The only thing I disagreed with is I wish we had packed it in at 3-1 and not tried to get another goal

This match shows how flawed our team really is. Villa is a fucking beast but he is often relied on single-handedly to win games. Our entire team except Villa got the yips tonight and it showed. This offseason I want a stronger, more physical back line (one that doesn’t play like pussy ass bitches), and a faster midfield. And another scorer to help Villa.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think it is concerning that so many guys had their worst game today. I'm taking about SJ, Callens, Maxi, Ring, Harrison... Your best players have to step up in the postseason. Not step IN it.

I want Viera back and some good aggressive signings in the winter. We have one more year with villa playing at such a high level (I hope)

This team is just too uneven. Johnson is a good goalie although today he hoovered in the 3rd badly. What you need is a DP in attack, in midfield and in defense. Unfortunately only 1/3 is fulfilled now. Villa's task is enormous, he needs to score from 4/5 or his chances to keep the team afloat, there's no support from attacking central midfield or wings, and Ring is asked to do a job of three, when he only can do the job of two. Harrison has faded, as so often happens with young players, Herrera is totally out of form (also a youngster), and the rest are also-rans. It's just not enough. This is quite a balanced consequence of the team and the season.

I don't know why I question myself. All season long for 3 seasons, I tell everyone how we're shit because we are. Then, I let myself think, "well maybeeeee".

Damnit. When will I learn. I need to listen to myself when I spout off how shit we actually are.

I also need to give up being a fan. It kills my ability to not be pissed off at least 40% of the year.