Could Melbourne City's Shirt Sponsor Hint At Ours?

discuss...
Not surprised at all.

0.jpg

I would bet good money now that Etihad will be the shirt sponsor for NYCFC. This announcement has confirmed it in my opinion.

I'm still holding out hope it won't be Etihad. I'm sure Etihad would love the exposure, but I think it would help the club more to be associated with a product that's already out there.

E
I'm still holding out hope it won't be Etihad. I'm sure Etihad would love the exposure, but I think it would help the club more to be associated with a product that's already out there.

Well how do you define "already out there?" Maybe it wasn't meant to come across as disparaging but Etihad are high profile sponsors so hardly a non entity. Are you calling for a aponsor as high profile as likes of Pepsi and Coke?

E

Well how do you define "already out there?" Maybe it wasn't meant to come across as disparaging but Etihad are high profile sponsors so hardly a non entity. Are you calling for a aponsor as high profile as likes of Pepsi and Coke?

I don't know if Etihad is a high profile. They've just started flights in the USA not too long ago; I doubt most people know them (which is a good reason to spend money on a sponsorship, I recognize). But yeah, I was hoping for a sponsor that would lend some legitimacy to NYCFC especially in the big NY market. Coke, Pepsi, Bud, Coors, etc.

I believe he's calling for a US sponsor that people over here are more familiar with.

Isn't that the whole point of sponsorship? To raise the profile of your product?

CFG is meant to be a money making organization that is part of a broader portfolio of assets - Etihad being one of them. It would only make sense for one of their products to be the sponsor.

Isn't that the whole point of sponsorship? To raise the profile of your product?

CFG is meant to be a money making organization that is part of a broader portfolio of assets - Etihad being one of them. It would only make sense for one of their products to be the sponsor.

Sure, but I don't care about Etihad's product. I care about NYCFC's product. The association Etihad brings with Manchester City plus the profile boost a more known product would bring to NYCFC's product would I think serve NYCFC better in attracting fans.

I don't care about it either, but again, that's the beauty of a sponsorship. They want people to look up what Etihad is and use it as a product.

I usually it a Red Sox game or two every year. There is a big sponsor on the Green Monster called Covidien. Had no clue what they were so I looked them up.

I don't care about it either, but again, that's the beauty of a sponsorship. They want people to look up what Etihad is and use it as a product.

I usually it a Red Sox game or two every year. There is a big sponsor on the Green Monster called Covidien. Had no clue what they were so I looked them up.

Sure, but the Red Sox are an established brand. With NYCFC & Etihad, you're really trying to establish two brands

Not really sure what the value of shirt sponsorship is in MLS anyway as far as each separate franchise is concerned. I guess it can assist towards signing designated players for some teams but NYCFC don't have issues with that budget. Remember Etihad might be the biggest offer as well. Apparently Melbourne City's shirt sponsorship is now the biggest in the entire A-League which perhaps isn't saying much. Haven't looked at the figure.

Pepsi and Coke at this stage in the clubs history probably aren't going to be kicking the door down to get involved. Still It wouldn't be impossible considering the caliber of executives in CFG (it might be an overstatement to say NYCFC executives Pernetti and Reyna are at Soriano's level) and Abu Dhabi connections to attract them.

I don't know if Etihad is a high profile. They've just started flights in the USA not too long ago; I doubt most people know them (which is a good reason to spend money on a sponsorship, I recognize). But yeah, I was hoping for a sponsor that would lend some legitimacy to NYCFC especially in the big NY market. Coke, Pepsi, Bud, Coors, etc.
what? sorry to say this, but you obviously have no idea how sponsorships works. If you believe NYCFC will have any interests except money to gain from a sponsorship you will be disappointed. oh ant Etihad is a great company to be associeted with.

thats the one thing i can't complain about i like how our league doesn't have 10000 sponsors on their kits like the a league or sky bet players are starting to look like nascar drivers with all these damn sponsors all over their jersey and shorts