Deandre Yedlin Is Good

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
How long before he is off to the EPL?

Never thought that highly of him, but not only is he incredibly fast, I didn't realize he was that talented with the touch. Something Americans seem to lack is a good first touch, but he was incredibly impressive these past two weeks.

How long before he is off to the EPL?

Never thought that highly of him, but not only is he incredibly fast, I didn't realize he was that talented with the touch. Something Americans seem to lack is a good first touch, but he was incredibly impressive these past two weeks.

I think every European power worth their salt has put in a call to the Seattle Sounders. Looks like an obvious candidate to buy up, loan out and develop with goal of starting in a few years. It'll suck to lose him, but I think they're looking at a fairly healthy transfer fee here.

I agree. But I want to see him playing otherwise it doesn't make any sense for him to do what Brek Shea did.

Another guy that should get an EPL look is Matt Besler. He is an EPL quality and style Center Back.

Sounds like he's off to AS Roma. Even Greg Seltzer is saying it's pretty much a done deal at this point. I'm glad he isn't going to England. I'm tired of seeing US players going there only to disappear from existence.

Hope more start coming to Germany and Italy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coop and Vito
Sounds like he's off AS Roma. Even Greg Seltzer is saying it's pretty much a done deal at this point. I'm glad he isn't going to England. I'm tired of seeing US players going there only to disappear from existence.

Hope more start coming to Germany and Italy.

At least in those leagues Americans can get a first class education in football.

Would prefer him going to EPL because then we could watch him. Outside of the occasional match on BEIN Sport, not a lot of games are on TV.

Reactions: einwindir
He gets smoked by MLS strikers as a defender though. I think it was Diego Fagundez (MLS Messi, believe!) that even said in a postgame interview he knew that Yedlin had a certain tendency and he exploited it all game long. I think it was right after Taylor Twellman got in a twitter battle with Yedlin's girlfriend.

He shouldn't be a defender. Klinnsman correctly positioned him at RM/RW where he belongs.

Reactions: Kjbert
He shouldn't be a defender. Klinnsman correctly positioned him at RM/RW where he belongs.

Thank you. Why is he even a defender? Let him play out wide. He could have a Landon Donovan type impact. He's certainly not a fullback in the Western European way when I think of Fullbacks. Or he needs to play on a squad where the CBs and CDM give him cover (which is what happened for the USMNT).

In another thread, there was a talk about CFG players being loaned out to other CFG teams so they could learn the city style of play. Maybe Seattle is just using him in a poor formation?

In another thread, there was a talk about CFG players being loaned out to other CFG teams so they could learn the city style of play. Maybe Seattle is just using him in a poor formation?
Yes Sigi Scmidt is playing him in the wrong place but he is the best RB he has.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes Sigi Scmidt is playing him in the wrong place but he is the best RB he has.

Ha! Not good on Seattle then

Had another thought about it this morning. That was two years ago I think. Most 18-20 year old players are still learning. MLS is in a place where a Deandre Yedlin or an Erik Palmer-Brown can legitimately get burn even if they aren't ready because of their raw tools. I think Yedlin has grown as a player in leaps and bounds over the past year. Just a thought. But he still might not be a fullback.

Looks like he will be sticking around Seattle awhile longer as Roma has decided to loan him back to the Sounders for the rest of the season and possibly part of the next