Dispersal Draft 11/19/14

I thought CP_Scouse CP_Scouse 's post breaking the Dunn news was the best thing he's ever posted in the forum. I understand not praising the kid for fear that he'll run rampant with 1000s of crazier posts, but I laughed knowing full well 10 hours later what it meant and he was first LOL.

Bringing this back up because Marky Delgado is a part time starter on the US Under 20s and Matt Dunn isn't even sitting on the bench. Dunn seems like an AWESOME guy and is the best guy in the locker room apparently.

But if you have a stated goal of developing USMNT talent and you pick Dunn over Delgado - what are you doing?

Bringing this back up because Marky Delgado is a part time starter on the US Under 20s and Matt Dunn isn't even sitting on the bench. Dunn seems like an AWESOME guy and is the best guy in the locker room apparently.

But if you have a stated goal of developing USMNT talent and you pick Dunn over Delgado - what are you doing?
He had homegrown status too which makes it a even worse decision

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
I liked the Shelton pick. I think we've seen the expansion draft was more or less a disaster. The Jacobson, Brovsky and Williams moves provided starters for our squad. Mendoza failed, Calle looks good when healthy. Mix we fell into.

All in all, a mixed basket. But I still don't get the Dunn move when Delgado was pegged as a USYNT player.

Delgado was available from the Chivas USA Dispersal Draft (hence this thread). Shelton was a MLS SuperDraft pick, completely unrelated. We picked Dunn from that roster, we could have had Delgado or overpriced Reo-Coker. McNamara, also from Chivas by way of DC seems to be getting some play time.

By the way, fun to read this thread. Its also sad how right I was about the salary cap and how so many thought it was going to be a earth shattering game changer. Too bad.

Delgado was available from the Chivas USA Dispersal Draft (hence this thread). Shelton was a MLS SuperDraft pick, completely unrelated. We picked Dunn from that roster, we could have had Delgado or overpriced Reo-Coker. McNamara, also from Chivas by way of DC seems to be getting some play time.

By the way, fun to read this thread. Its also sad how right I was about the salary cap and how so many thought it was going to be a earth shattering game changer. Too bad.

Would it make you happy if I edited my second comment from this page and left out the comments about other players?

I was complaining about how lackluster the management has been in their scouting approach.

By the way - watched the US Under 20 replay yesterday. Delgado did nothing that jumped out at me. But he started. Again.

I'm never happy. But I do think Delgado has potential and would have been worth a pick. Oh well.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm never happy. But I do think Delgado has potential and would have been worth a pick. Oh well.

Let's not give up on Dunn yet tho. He still has potential. His ceiling might not be as high, but he could be a spot starter on this team for the next decade.