EMPIRE CUP

Must've done a lot of digging for this one. I'm glad you found it though.

I guess we can start this conversation again; where do we start?
ULTIMATE FANTASY RIGHT HERE
1) rent out pier 40
2)somehow get cosmos, redshit and city (and any other ny teams) to come to pier 40
3)have games one at a time
4) silverware should be 100% supporter funded
5)watch city win

ULTIMATE FANTASY RIGHT HERE
1) rent out pier 40
2)somehow get cosmos, redshit and city (and any other ny teams) to come to pier 40
3)have games one at a time
4) silverware should be 100% supporter funded
5)watch city win
of all the things that would never happen - this would be on the top of the list. It'd be easier to just tally up wins and points for Red Bull, Revs and either DC or Philly.

These are the criteria for Cascadia Cup:
The winner each year is decided by these criteria, in order:[18]
  • Greater number of points in all Cascadia Cup matches.
  • Greater number of points earned in matches between teams tied on points.
  • Greater goal difference in matches between teams tied on points.
  • Greater number of goals scored in matches between teams tied on points.
  • Reapply previous three criteria if two or more teams are still tied.
  • Greater goal difference in all Cascadia Cup matches.
  • Greater number of goals scored in all Cascadia Cup matches.
  • Smaller number of disciplinary points in all Cascadia Cup matches (yellow = 1 point, red = 2 points).

I saw some videos on Youtube of when the RB played the Cosmos it looked pretty intense. Maybe there could be like a Mayors trophy kind of preseason thing.​

Reactions: NYJoe
For whom? We're trying to establish ourselves as the main club in the area. We pretty much are by default. It makes no sense to host a tournament that gives any shine to the red and green teams. Now if it was some u-18s tournament with local youth teams, I'd be on board.

Fair enough. We should get a shot at them in the US Open Cup. Anyway local rivalries are what make sports fun. It's just their fans seem to talk a lot it would be nice to stick it to them.

For this Colonial Cup idea, it really needs to be embraced by one of the NYCFC supporter groups, which would then try to organize it with the other Colonial Cup teams... It is not a ton of organization, really. All you really have to do is "make it official" and get a trophy. We won't be organizing games outside of the schedule, just creating a mini-tournament out of the ones that exist.