EPL 2022-2023

That's a very clever picture.

Also, holy crap is the Leeds press intense. Anyone catch the recent Aaronson goal? And anyone else experience radical cognitive dissonance feeling synchronized joy with Jesse Marsch?

It's partly the classic Seinfeld sports and laundry joke/theory. I like Marsch and Tyler Adams now. I like Jack and Aaronson more but I like all the MLS products there.

I know it's early but I think Chelsea really might be the third best team in London now.

Reactions: mgarbowski
It's partly the classic Seinfeld sports and laundry joke/theory. I like Marsch and Tyler Adams now. I like Jack and Aaronson more but I like all the MLS products there.

I know it's early but I think Chelsea really might be the third best team in London now.
Yeah - how much longer before Tuchel is on the hot seat?

Maybe sticking around at Chelsea would be the right move for Pulisic. At this rate, he'd be in a new system by the World Cup.

Fun fact : Tottenham turned 140 today. Kind of mind blowing when you put it into the perspective that they were founded one year after the gunfight at the OK Corral , Tombstone is one of my all time favorite movies.

Fun fact : Tottenham turned 140 today. Kind of mind blowing when you put it into the perspective that they were founded one year after the gunfight at the OK Corral , Tombstone is one of my all time favorite movies.
It's crazy when you think about history and world events and the intersection of everything all at once.

I remember there was a terrible rumor they were going to redo the entire Metropolitan Museum of Art based on time period rather than geography.

Reactions: Kenny and Davo15
Chelsea are dumb. Like I know the start hasn't been the best but he's consistently had them towards the top season after season... I bet you this was a behind the scenes sacking. Tuchel has a track record of those

Reactions: Schwallacus
Chelsea are dumb. Like I know the start hasn't been the best but he's consistently had them towards the top season after season... I bet you this was a behind the scenes sacking. Tuchel has a track record of those
New owner syndrome. Conflicts during the transfer window and some early season losses sealed the fate. Happy to watch this one play out from the sidelines!

Reactions: Shwafta
FWIW the consensus on US Soccer reddit seems to be that Tuchel hamstrung all his attacking talent. He valued possession so much that players were afraid to make attacking passes. So they get to the last third, the opponent sets up, and Chelsea would just pass backwards and move sideways. They rarely crossed and nobody ever passed to a player making a run.

Last edited:
They appointed Potter.

I hope this isn't distasteful but I'm presuming the fact that The Queen just died means no EPL this weekend ?

They appointed Potter.

I hope this isn't distasteful but I'm presuming the fact that The Queen just died means no EPL this weekend ?
10 days of mourning so I assume that means this week and next won't have fixtures

I've seen mixed responses from people, from "she was the queen, we gotta respect" to "dude I'm sorry us poor people just want to watch our footy, we couldn't care less", very interesting to see from an outsider (american) perspective.

There are also the people that are angry that all entertainment basically shuts down but work does not.

I viewed this as a petty annoyance and interesting cultural item until I saw a post on Twitter from an American who had just landed in Manchester Airport to attend the City-Tottenham match this weekend. That guy is being done wrong here, and in a big way.

I can't imagine how angry I would have been had this happened when my son and I made our trip this past January.

There are a lot of people who have spent thousands to get to England for a special trip to watch football and now have an empty weekend.

I viewed this as a petty annoyance and interesting cultural item until I saw a post on Twitter from an American who had just landed in Manchester Airport to attend the City-Tottenham match this weekend. That guy is being done wrong here, and in a big way.

I can't imagine how angry I would have been had this happened when my son and I made our trip this past January.

There are a lot of people who have spent thousands to get to England for a special trip to watch football and now have an empty weekend.
They don't even get the benefit of being there for the funeral spectacle which is late next week. Still, I understand the decision. I used to be completely against canceling sports and performances for stuff like this. My personal instinct runs that way still. I think the NFL was right to play games right after JFK was killed, and wrong to postpone games after 9/11. But that's not how most people are wired.
That American soccer fan is screwed, but if the games went on millions of people would call the PL heartless and cruel. Canceling is easy by comparison.

Reactions: SoupInNYC