Euro 2016

Would a Brexit affect UEFA at all? The FA? Premier League clubs?
At the very least it would likely create more difficulty for non-Brit Europeans to get work permits to play in the EPL. Payet may not have had an easy time getting to West Ham, for example, if the UK weren't part of the EU.
Conversely, more complication for British players going to teams in EU countries.
Probably nothing insurmountable on either side, especially given the money involved, but within the EPL you'd probably see the demographics of the player pool skew slightly more British over time.

At the very least it would likely create more difficulty for non-Brit Europeans to get work permits to play in the EPL. Payet may not have had an easy time getting to West Ham, for example, if the UK weren't part of the EU.
Conversely, more complication for British players going to teams in EU countries.
Probably nothing insurmountable on either side, especially given the money involved, but within the EPL you'd probably see the demographics of the player pool skew slightly more British over time.

Well it's happening. Clench your buttholes.

The Roonification of Britain will begin.

Last edited:
Reactions: TabascoDiva
I haven't followed the Ekstraklasa as closely as I used to over the past couple of years, so I'm somewhat amazed that Michal Pazdan is not only on the NT, but an important piece of the puzzle.

When he was with Jagiellonia, it seemed he was always good for a yellow card and at least one giveaway per match that directly led to a goal.

Ahhhh......the Irish are gone!!! I had a mental block last night and was convinced France was playing Iceland today because I know the talent of Antoine Griezmann. Figures he'd be the one to pull it off! I am happy for France though. It would have been sad to them go out this soon.

Reactions: Goodfella
Ahhhh......the Irish are gone!!! I had a mental block last night and was convinced France was playing Iceland today because I know the talent of Antoine Griezmann. Figures he'd be the one to pull it off! I am happy for France though. It would have been hilarious to them go out this soon.

FIFY

Reactions: CatNYC
Joe Hart with two goalkeeping mistakes puts Iceland up 2-1 versus England.

The commentary is saying that Joe Hart would be substituted if we was an outfield player and that England may think about switching keepers if they advance.

Joe Hart may be coming out way to New York!

Iceland still leading 2-1 at the half. They are determined to keep making history.

Can this really be happening? I'm a Spurs fan, but loving the underdog story! I also love seeing the drama, if the result holds, heads will roll back in England.