Football Manager 2015

NYJaguar

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 5, 2014
It's official. NYCFC is included on this year's Football Manager. If you don't know about it Football Manager or FM is the best soccer simulator, but it also has a lot of cultural importance.
NYCFC is playable since the beginning of 2014 season but only joins the MLS on 215.

So who do you play before 2015 if not MLS?
No-one, presumably. You could set up friendlies or send players out on loan and watch other games.
Alternatively you could go on holiday until pre-season (assuming you have all of your players.)

In football manager, you can be unemployed, so you can manage NYCFC.

Reactions: MagnusPax
No-one, presumably. You could set up friendlies or send players out on loan and watch other games.
Alternatively you could go on holiday until pre-season (assuming you have all of your players.)

In football manager, you can be unemployed, so you can manage NYCFC.
Now I get it. Thanks!

That's what I'm saying, it would be weird/strange/crazy if Footy Manager became popular over there due to the nature of the game.
Not saying it won't, would just seem weird millions of american lads locked in their rooms for 4 days straight trying to get Acrington Stanley into the Premier League :D

Reactions: Kinkladze
Well it's not that strange, I bet quite a few do that in Fifa 15. But that's because they get to actually play it, not just click and play the numbers. Even the simulations look bland still.

Has anyone played it yet? I have bought it every year since FM10, but I am waiting 'till I can get a better computer before getting this one as I have yet to play an edition that did not bug out due to lack of memory/space on my hard drive...

Except for the fact that you can't actually play soccer...I'm sorry football. Thats why I play FIFA.
And neither do the managers. Hence the name. It's all about strategy and tactics. The difference in depth between FIFA and Football Manager is like tic tac toe and chess.

And neither do the managers. Hence the name. It's all about strategy and tactics. The difference in depth between FIFA and Football Manager is like tic tac toe and chess.
Ooooooooooohhhhhhh. You smarty pants. No doubt, You'll be hired for a championship manager job due to your astute reading of statistics, and from there, you're just an eyelash away from kicking Jose Mourinho's ass on the regs? Fuck that man. I like to play games that are fun and involve action. I build models in my daily life. I don't need to do that for fun. I get your enjoyment of strategy, but i bought a ps4 to score some gotdam winners. Not out scheme some bastard with a pocket protector living in shithole-on-waterfront, England.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and MagnusPax
I prefer a taste of management without having to pick sponsors and players moods and their fav color to satisfaction of crossing the ball or scoring that critical goal in the 95th minute of stoppage.

But to each his own. Enjoy FM, at least you get to play NYCFC in it now (or at least you can at some point). I'll keep playing NYCFC in Creation Centre for now.

Reactions: whill4
Ooooooooooohhhhhhh. You smarty pants. No doubt, You'll be hired for a championship manager job due to your astute reading of statistics, and from there, you're just an eyelash away from kicking Jose Mourinho's ass on the regs? Fuck that man. I like to play games that are fun and involve action. I build models in my daily life. I don't need to do that for fun. I get your enjoyment of strategy, but i bought a ps4 to score some gotdam winners. Not out scheme some bastard with a pocket protector living in shithole-on-waterfront, England.
Lol.

FIFA is an okay game to shoot the **** with friends. But if you're looking for something to play on your own that isn't completely brain dead than FM is where it's at. But perhaps Goat Simulator would be more down your alley if action is what you want.

I think whil4 is just projecting. You'll have to show us your Goat Simulator some day.

I meant it when I said stop baiting each other. Let's get the conversation back to FM15.