Frank Lampard Thread

FL.jpg

This means that when Lampard ends his season at MCFC, he can extended with them, sign with another club, or decide to play for NYCFC. This thing with NYCFC must be a verbal agreement. Looks like NYCFC is hoping for the best.

Imagine the shit-storm if he decides to not come? This is just ridiculous on so many levels.

I'll have to wear my Lampard NYC t-shirt now to a game. May be the only sighting of Lamps at the Stadium. Potential collectors item.

Actually, I've thought long and hard about JK and CR's roles in this and it would not surprise me if they truly are ok with it.

I think JK wants Lampard but I think JK also knows he can build a winner without Lampard. I also think JK has bought into the whole "CFG is the team" thing...

It could also be JK is playing the long game in terms of his career. Maybe his's thinking prove myself at NYCFC don't rock the boat then may be the Man City chair is a possibility. I just find it hard to believe after watching CR and listening to JK that they would not have fought this if they really cared.

Every time I try to advance a theory about anything based on the limited public knowledge we have available, someone points out something I didn't know about football/soccer. But that won't stop me now. After all, it has helped me learn.

So, anyway, we know Garber said there's a CFG contract, and the the PL just said there's no CFG contract. We also think FL must have an MC player contract. Plus we know he made appearances on behalf of NYCFC, and they sold his jersey, both of which would be unusual provisions under an MCFC contract.
So my guess is he has a non-player personal services contract with CFG that never required him to do anything athletic. That provided the basis for his summer tour in NYC and for the club to sell his shirt. That CFG contract might also have a provision providing that Lampard and NYCFC/MLS will enter into a player contract when mutually beneficial.

The PL, eager to cover things up and not confront one of its major teams, ignores the personal services contract, interpreting its rule as only applying to pure player contracts and clears MCFC.

Based on the personal services contract, the club tells ticket reps to continue to guarantee that FL will come to NY this coming summer.

If this theory is correct, btw, my legal analysis is that any provision in the CFG personal services contract that purports to require Lampard sign with NYCFC/MLS is unenforceable. First, courts hate agreements to agree. Second, it raises 13th amendment issues.

OK, now someone who knows more than me about intl football can explain why this isn't possibly true.
I think maybe I got it right this time

Hopefully it means the team goes about filling two DP spots instead of one and we can move on to bigger and better things.

Reactions: Paul
Thats how I remember the original being, for the most part. Biggest thing is that Soriano went out of his way to say this would be different and unique with its own identity. Little did we know it would start and end essentially with the name. However time allows for change, perhaps NYCFC will change over time to be differentiated from its older, bully big brother.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10 and Paul
It's all starting to make sense to me now. Little by little the pieces are fitting.

Lamps signs with MCFC, and tells CFG that he will definitely sign with NYCFC in 2015. When? Ahhhh, maybe Jan 1, but we'll see. They shake hands, and order KFC.

NYCFC, like a kid with a new toy, tells the world that Lamp is signed, well because Lamp told us and he ate KFC with us. He's a man of character, damn it! All of us suckas believe it. We buy jerseys, t-shirts and season tickets. We get giddy whenever someone mentions his name.

Lamp performs well for MCFC, and feels the buzz again. He realizes that he can still play in the EPL, and that MLS is for babies still sucking on their momma's teet. MCFC and Lamp know that he has no binding agreement with NYCFC, so they decided "f MLS and NYCFC!", and plan to have Lamp stay at MCFC all season. They let NYCFC know the deal, and they send them to their room without any KFC.

NYCFC is left with their twig and berries flapping in the wind.

I think that brings us up to date. The more I think about it, the less I blame NYCFC. Kind of. They were just naive and were lied to as well. Lampard is really the one to blame here, I think.