Frank Lampard Thread

I have stayed away from this thread because I understand the entrenched feelings that posters have for or against Lampard.

I just came on to say forget what the Daily Mail says as Lampard will see the season out in Manchester unless his contract is terminated by mutual consent, which isn't going to happen.

Just more rubbish from a newspaper looking for sales and/or clicks on their website.

Why wouldn't it? Man City has no need for him any longer. NYCFC clearly needs him more at this point, and CFG should be able to see that. Lampard likely is tired of being a barely used bench player. Sure, it might be a long-shot but there is some sense.

Why wouldn't it? Man City has no need for him any longer. NYCFC clearly needs him more at this point, and CFG should be able to see that. Lampard likely is tired of being a barely used bench player. Sure, it might be a long-shot but there is some sense.

I don't know anything about the USA newspapers, but the British one's talk crap all the time. I once looked at their success rate of predicting transfers and it came below 2% amongst them all.

As far as I know outside of the transfer windows contracts end on the 30th of June, which means that players can't sign for another club before 1st July unless out of contract.

Now City have a challenge to hold on to 2nd place and I can't see MP allowing Lampard to leave. I have heard nothing to suggest he wants to leave.

Also, Lampard was only getting around 15 minutes (my guess) playing time on average before January. So if he wanted more time it would have made more sense to go then and not go through all the bad publicity since then.

Just my opinion

I don't know anything about the USA newspapers, but the British one's talk crap all the time. I once looked at their success rate of predicting transfers and it came below 2% amongst them all.

As far as I know outside of the transfer windows contracts end on the 30th of June, which means that players can't sign for another club before 1st July unless out of contract.

Now City have a challenge to hold on to 2nd place and I can't see MP allowing Lampard to leave. I have heard nothing to suggest he wants to leave.

Also, Lampard was only getting around 15 minutes (my guess) playing time on average before January. So if he wanted more time it would have made more sense to go then and not go through all the bad publicity since then.

Just my opinion

US journos have higher standards. Usually when one of them published something, it's happening. Not the same in England, I know.

The big thing is that MLS has a different transfer window. It's still open and will be for a while. So legally, it can happen.

City don't care one iota about 2nd place. There's no second place trophies at Man City. They're 7 points ahead of Liverpool for a UCL spot and have an easier schedule than Arsenal and MUFC do. If they blow that, that has nothing to do with keeping Frank Lampard. Lampard wasn't the difference maker in competing with Chelsea and winning the UCL, and he's not now either. Lampard is meaningless to city, and they'd be better serve flattering Milner's ego than Lampard's.

I think you're right about the playing time, but he also started against Bayern Munich. Now he gets to start against West Brom. He also was more of a focal point when he played. Now Silva is back, and he's an afterthought even when he's on the pitch.

Reactions: The Toe and NYCFCP
US journos have higher standards. Usually when one of them published something, it's happening. Not the same in England, I know.

The big thing is that MLS has a different transfer window. It's still open and will be for a while. So legally, it can happen.

City don't care one iota about 2nd place. There's no second place trophies at Man City. They're 7 points ahead of Liverpool for a UCL spot and have an easier schedule than Arsenal and MUFC do. If they blow that, that has nothing to do with keeping Frank Lampard. Lampard wasn't the difference maker in competing with Chelsea and winning the UCL, and he's not now either. Lampard is meaningless to city, and they'd be better serve flattering Milner's ego than Lampard's.

I think you're right about the playing time, but he also started against Bayern Munich. Now he gets to start against West Brom. He also was more of a focal point when he played. Now Silva is back, and he's an afterthought even when he's on the pitch.

I personally think it would have been better if had he gone to NYC at the end of January.

Unfortunately it didn't happen and I don't think it will until the end of our season.

I was just saying that I think the Daly Mail was talking rubbish.

If we finished 4th then we would have to play a qualifying round for the UCL, which the owners definitely won't want to happen. We may have an easier run in but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to City.

Reactions: The Toe and JayH

Just to pick up on one thing city do care about coming 2 or 3 .4th place has to play a qualifying match.

I feel like a dirty whore, but I really don't care about my principles anymore if it means replacing grabavoy or Jacobson with frank. I like the taste of winning I have gotten, and I'd like that to continue.

I also have to say the cameo role Xavi played in the El Classico last night had me wishing he will join New York. His passing ability is second to none.

I also have to say the cameo role Xavi played in the El Classico last night had me wishing he will join New York. His passing ability is second to none.

Xavi is one of the top 4-5 guys of his generation, even though he is getting older the guy can still go. If Barca doesn't keep him for another year, he will probably join us or another MLS club if he doesn't go to Qatar who were going after him as well. Xavi made it well known he wouldn't play for another European club.

Reactions: CatNYC
Just to pick up on one thing city do care about coming 2 or 3 .4th place has to play a qualifying match.

You mean City don't care about 2 or 3rd, but do want to avoid 4th? Sure, although really the qualifying is so absurdly easy that although I get why city wants to avoid it, it's not a huge deal. Heck, even Arsenal seems to manage to qualify every year.

You mean City don't care about 2 or 3rd, but do want to avoid 4th? Sure, although really the qualifying is so absurdly easy that although I get why city wants to avoid it, it's not a huge deal. Heck, even Arsenal seems to manage to qualify every year.

Pretty much all the English CL teams of the modern era have gotten through qualifying, Everton is the only club I can think of that didn't advance through it.

Haha never use the words city and easy in a sentence, it just didn't work.

Make no mistake they care.

The pot money from the CL TV money is divided 1st 40%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20% and 4th 10% and in these days of the Financially Fraudulent Protection racket, every penny helps.

Make no mistake they care.

The pot money from the CL TV money is divided 1st 40%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20% and 4th 10% and in these days of the Financially Fraudulent Protection racket, every penny helps.
I'm not sure your

Correct but each place in the EPL table was worth £1.2 million last season ,so a difference of a qualification game and £2.4 million.from 2nd to 4th.

Last edited:
Poll: Do you think the revival of this awful thread has anything to do with the recent decline in civility on the rest of the board?

I'm not sure your

Correct but each place in the EPL table was worth £1.2 million last season ,so a difference of a qualification game and £2.4 million.from 2nd to 4th.

You have got the PL and CL mixed up.

There is money for where you finish in the PL

There is also money from the TV market pool in the CL (as well as prize money) and that is split 40-30-20-10%

You have got the PL and CL mixed up.

There is money for where you finish in the PL

There is also money from the TV market pool in the CL (as well as prize money) and that is split 40-30-20-10%
OK got it then
So the difference between 2and 4th
£2.4 million prem money
And 20% of that countries TV money
And in city's case the opportunity to crash out to some complete unknown team .in the 94 minute to an own goal.

Poll: Do you think the revival of this awful thread has anything to do with the recent decline in civility on the rest of the board?

Tom, this thread will never die. Muahahahahahaha!

APcFiiTrG0x2.gif

OK got it then
So the difference between 2and 4th
£2.4 million prem money
And 20% of that countries TV money
And in city's case the opportunity to crash out to some complete unknown team .in the 94 minute to an own goal.

No completely forget about the PL, i am not talking about that. It is the TV pool market money from the CL.

here http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...aorg/Finance/02/11/95/44/2119544_DOWNLOAD.pdf

It was worth 18.302.000 euro when we were second.

This season as champions it will be around 31.500.000 euro.

Next season it will be even higher as the BT money comes in.