Frank Lampard Thread

It's all starting to make sense to me now. Little by little the pieces are fitting.

Lamps signs with MCFC, and tells CFG that he will definitely sign with NYCFC in 2015. When? Ahhhh, maybe Jan 1, but we'll see. They shake hands, and order KFC.

NYCFC, like a kid with a new toy, tells the world that Lamp is signed, well because Lamp told us and he ate KFC with us. He's a man of character, damn it! All of us suckas believe it. We buy jerseys, t-shirts and season tickets. We get giddy whenever someone mentions his name.

Lamp performs well for MCFC, and feels the buzz again. He realizes that he can still play in the EPL, and that MLS is for babies still sucking on their momma's teet. MCFC and Lamp know that he has no binding agreement with NYCFC, so they decided "f MLS and NYCFC!", and plan to have Lamp stay at MCFC all season. They let NYCFC know the deal, and they send them to their room without any KFC.

NYCFC is left with their twig and berries flapping in the wind.

I think that brings us up to date. The more I think about it, the less I blame NYCFC. Kind of. They were just naive and were lied to as well. Lampard is really the one to blame here, I think.
Totes.
Except I continue to blame NYCFC for misleading us about having a DP contract when they did not. As much as they were played, they could never have been under any misapprehension over whether there was a contract with them. I just think they believed, as you say, they had something as good as a signed contract because KFC. BFF4ever.
And then they told us there was a real contract because no diff. Amiright?

Reactions: Paul, adam and Gene
No one is saying this, but chances are NYCFC are not so good with only one DP and zero depth in their first year of existence. If Fatso is truly a free agent come June, would he ever choose to come to a team mid-bottom table with a fanbase who hates him? And now he knows he also has to go up agains Stevie Gerrard and his shinny new team (who are defending champs) so he can get his ass kicked by him all over the pitch, and probably have that humiliation broadcast all over the UK.

I'm going to love this team no matter what the record, and if they win straight away it actually takes some of the sweetness out of a title. But why should Fatso care? A man who's never stated he's committed to NYC past 2016? The human element in this tells me that he's waiting to see where we stand record-wise and if the anger towards him dies down in 6 months time. And if it's not a scenario to his liking, as a free agent (still to be 100% confirmed) he'll just to play elsewhere, no matter what our front office or MLS is saying at the moment. Because as it was recently proven, they don't have any control over the situation.

Now that we know it's his decision, anyone else have a viable argument why he actually comes here?

Thats how I remember the original being, for the most part. Biggest thing is that Soriano went out of his way to say this would be different and unique with its own identity. Little did we know it would start and end essentially with the name. However time allows for change, perhaps NYCFC will change over time to be differentiated from its older, bully big brother.
Interesting. I've been kind of wondering if there was a disconnect between what Soriano meant by separate identity, brand exercise, marketing trick and what we understood. Not so much to excuse him but just explain it. That maybe he had a very cramped, narrow meaning that isn't really justified but was honestly believed. Now seeing him say separate identity in response to a direct question about a sky blue kit, I'm only left deciding between (1) liar, and (2) he meant it at the time but broke the promise later. And I don't really care. Neither one is at all redemptive.

It could also be JK is playing the long game in terms of his career. Maybe his's thinking prove myself at NYCFC don't rock the boat then may be the Man City chair is a possibility. I just find it hard to believe after watching CR and listening to JK that they would not have fought this if they really cared.

From MLS to MCFC would be a huge career step. I couldn't see them bringing JK on no matter how well he proves himself here. Maybe to a smaller EPL side, but not one of the top clubs right away.

It's all starting to make sense to me now. Little by little the pieces are fitting.

Lamps signs with MCFC, and tells CFG that he will definitely sign with NYCFC in 2015. When? Ahhhh, maybe Jan 1, but we'll see. They shake hands, and order KFC.

NYCFC, like a kid with a new toy, tells the world that Lamp is signed, well because Lamp told us and he ate KFC with us. He's a man of character, damn it! All of us suckas believe it. We buy jerseys, t-shirts and season tickets. We get giddy whenever someone mentions his name.

Lamp performs well for MCFC, and feels the buzz again. He realizes that he can still play in the EPL, and that MLS is for babies still sucking on their momma's teet. MCFC and Lamp know that he has no binding agreement with NYCFC, so they decided "f MLS and NYCFC!", and plan to have Lamp stay at MCFC all season. They let NYCFC know the deal, and they send them to their room without any KFC.

NYCFC is left with their twig and berries flapping in the wind.

I think that brings us up to date. The more I think about it, the less I blame NYCFC. Kind of. They were just naive and were lied to as well. Lampard is really the one to blame here, I think.
That's probably closer to the truth than anything else I've read. Actually, that's probably exactly what happened.

All would have work fine if Lampard had just played average. However, I think Lampard feels he has a point to prove to Jose who didn't offer him a contract. I feel all at CFG new the score that includes all the clubs involved after all they have the same CEO. Lampard just got his mojo back and wanted to go out of the EPL in style. Apparently FL is also a good presence in the dressing room I hear. However we have been led a merry dance.

Last edited:
He'll come to NYC if he thinks that he can be a first-team starting contributor. That's what NYCFC offers that MCFC doesn't; he only started once in the holiday period for the citizens and came off the bench most of the time. If he's happy coming off the bench for a trophy contender, he'll stay in Manchester.

Reactions: adam
What's curious to me is why (and I'm pointing at myself and everyone else) we didn't see this coming before? We knew they had to have 8 homegrown players. Was it really all dependent on making it out of group stage in UCL?

I feel like I have more questions now than I did when they first announced him staying. I liked it better when we just extended his loan. The mechanics of that were at least understandable.

Reactions: Kjbert
Totes.
Except I continue to blame NYCFC for misleading us about having a DP contract when they did not. As much as they were played, they could never have been under any misapprehension over whether there was a contract with them. I just think they believed, as you say, they had something as good as a signed contract because KFC. BFF4ever.
And then they told us there was a real contract because no diff. Amiright?
Never saw that word before. How can it and the primary meaning of apprehension have such different meanings?

Reactions: mgarbowski
This is the most confusion contract, no-contract in the history of professional sports. This is even more crazy when a guy was traded for himself in MLB.

Freedom of Information Act anyone?

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
From MLS to MCFC would be a huge career step. I couldn't see them bringing JK on no matter how well he proves himself here. Maybe to a smaller EPL side, but not one of the top clubs right away.

Don't forget the guys did it a Barca with PG. It will be either JK or Vieira (PV) in 4 years or so. I would have said PV but if JK does a great job I would say he has a shot. It will be between them unless MP tanks badly and they need to replace him sooner.