Game Of Thrones - Book Discussion [spoilers!!]

She has to be around this season. Feast of Crows and ADWD have some overlapping timelines...specifically I can't remember which, so please don't ask lol.
I hope to piss that's true - people think the Red Wedding made the TV views shit their pants - Lady Stoneheart would make their heads explode - with shit

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito and einwindir
HOWDY! So they're really starting to deviate from the books now that the show is ramping up in speed - entire story lines are nixed - even character movements have changed - so far, I haven't been upset about any of the changes, except for Lady Stoneheart - really thought she was going to make an appearance in S4E10

I thought she'd be the very last season of the season, but now that they didn't show her I doubt they ever add her storyline

I thought she'd be the very last season of the season, but now that they didn't show her I doubt they ever add her storyline
I'd understand if for some reason it doesn't have any relevance toward the end of the story, but now that they've established the Faith of R'hllor and the Faith of the Seven (and their sparrows), it makes sense to bring her back to show how the closer winter gets, the more powerful the magic of the realm becomes

I'd understand if for some reason it doesn't have any relevance toward the end of the story, but now that they've established the Faith of R'hllor and the Faith of the Seven (and their sparrows), it makes sense to bring her back to show how the closer winter gets, the more powerful the magic of the realm becomes

I want to see them bring her in. It would shock everyone and its a great plot twist for the show

So book folks - who may or may not be watching the show - the show is diverging quite a bit from the books. Any one care to discuss here, or are too many of us book folks non-show folks (I was for a long time until I got bored waiting for a book)

In the meantime -

They really threw the book readers a curveball this week with the whole Sansa marrying Ramsey Bolton.

yeah ... I'm assuming they won't have what happened to Jeyne Poole happen to sansa ... I would think ...

They could have not changed anything to stall until the next book comes out.
totally, but it probably would have led to too much going on and wouldn't have been engaging enough for most viewers - how many TV-only fans still get confused with who people are and what's happening?

Which is probably why the previous-episode clips are always too revealing as to what's going to happen in that episode

I certainly enjoyed the books - and don't have a problem wit the shows pacing - I think the show certainly needs to be diluted a bit and often tv works for the lowest common denominator - so whatever HBO thinks is what people can handle as far as lots of characters, long arcs etc. they will do. I agree they could have waited for more source material but I'm sure they have some sort of story-boarding with George RR (isn't he a producer or something) and have an idea of the direction of characters and things.

Frankly Who knows.

So What do we all think happens to Jon Snow?

Reactions: LostAnvil
So What do we all think happens to Jon Snow?

*puts on tinfoil hat*

I think Jon technically dies from from the attack at the end of ADWD, but wargs into Ghost before really dying - since he technically dies, that should absolve him from his vows to the Night's Wacth - then Melisandre is able to bring him back, using the same magic for Lady Stoneheart, and he leaves the Watch after being betrayed, becomes legitimized as a Stark and goes with Stannis the Mannis to retake the North and avenge his family

Also, I'm of the mind that he isn't really a bastard and is part Stark and Targaryen so he also has a legitimate claim to the throne - also, since the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire", I'm inclined to think that the Ice is for Jon and the Fire is for Dany - maybe they'll rule together or be the last two standing - either way, their kids would be gorgeous - and possibly also born of semi-incest (cousins?) if some theories prove to be fact

*takes off tinfoil hat*
*lights a cigarette*

yeah ... i have no beefwit him warging/being able to - I just sort of hate it as a means of preserving life ... it's been established as a thing to do with rattleshirt (?) I think whoever the warging guy was in Mance's crew, but still ... I like the idea of jon being hurt pretty bad, somehow it all working out for him and what not ... I mean can't one character I really like not die/become a zombie?

Just found this thread after a year of it being here...

The shows producers know how the books will end. They had a private conversation with GRRM. A lot of the show decisions are budget based. Any writer/director learns early on to combine characters if they can to save $. But now we're onto entirely new territory. [book Spoiler]

at the end of ADWD Sir Barristan Selmy is very much alive. Couple that with the fact that there is no john connington and we have some real book spoilers for TWOW. Unless this is just a completely alternate universe. I actually like moving Sansa to the north, but to leave her alone with Ramsay makes no dramatic sense the way they left it. felt like a scene was left on the cutting room floor. Also whatever the additional budget, it would have been worth it to include Strong Belwas! Especially now that Danny has no one left around her.

Just found this thread after a year of it being here...

The shows producers know how the books will end. They had a private conversation with GRRM. A lot of the show decisions are budget based. Any writer/director learns early on to combine characters if they can to save $. But now we're onto entirely new territory. [book Spoiler]

at the end of ADWD Sir Barristan Selmy is very much alive. Couple that with the fact that there is no john connington and we have some real book spoilers for TWOW. Unless this is just a completely alternate universe. I actually like moving Sansa to the north, but to leave her alone with Ramsay makes no dramatic sense the way they left it. felt like a scene was left on the cutting room floor. Also whatever the additional budget, it would have been worth it to include Strong Belwas! Especially now that Danny has no one left around her.
Dany having no one opens the door for Jorah ...and Tyrion in tow, of course

Dany having no one opens the door for Jorah ...and Tyrion in tow, of course

Maybe. We're in new territory now. She still has Dario. Tyrion and Jorah are sailing through slavers bay, where they could either be picked up by slavers or the ironmen??? We haven't seen them (aside from reek/theon) in a couple of seasons. Also ADWD ends with Danny alone (at least people wise).