Game Of Thrones - Book Discussion [spoilers!!]

Recent casting call for the show has called for a characters similar (not named, left vague) to Euron, Randyl Tarly, Dickon Tarly, Izembaro, Septon Maribald (or Elder Brother), a Khal, and seemingly younger boys for Bran flashbacks.

I take this to mean we'll get some Euron/Tarly fights in the Reach, Arya joining the mummer's troupe, someone's journey through the Riverlands (please make it Jaime) -- where he can stumble upon a certain Gravedigger, Dany's interaction from the end of ADWD, and finally Bran's flashbacks that will set the tone for revealing (hopefully) Jon' parentage.

While the show has strayed, I think this sets up Sandor's return, which will probably happen in the books, Dany's military growth, which she'll need, and more backstory/history on the Old Gods and the power of the weirwoods. GRRM has mentioned that we'd see the Reach, though I'm entirely sure through whose eyes we will, but I'm guessing Euron will take it from the Tyrells, with everything in disarray.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Seriously. Not sure what the plan is with Jorah... kind of dragging this out.
He's got to stick around so he can bring greyscale to Westeros ala Jon Con.

Great episode. Something was confirmed that had been speculated for a while now, that Valyrian steel is, in fact, "dragonsteel", which Jon and Sam already imagine is Valyrian steel. So, that's nice to know. I wish the wights weren't so speed-demon-y. They're really supposed to be quite cumbersome and slow, but maybe there's meaning to that.

image.jpg

man, seems like a lot of people, mostly the book readers, are quite upset with S5E9

Shireen being burned alive

Apparently GRRM told them he wanted it to happen which suggests it happens in the books - events in the show happen way faster than the books, so I don't think it was surprising since it was going to happen at some point

I'm finally caught up and can join this thread.

Why is everyone mad at Stannis? He had his brother killed before and would have had his nephew killed too if he wasn't set free.

Don't act like this was totally beyond the realm of possibility. He better take Winterfell from the Boltons now though. He must do it soon because Winter is coming.

Don't act like this was totally beyond the realm of possibility.
I don't think the outrage stems from people thinking he wouldn't have it in him - more that it seems inconsistent with how the book character - plus, your brother and nephew is one thing, your own young daughter is another

I don't think the outrage stems from people thinking he wouldn't have it in him - more that it seems inconsistent with how the book character - plus, your brother and nephew is one thing, your own young daughter is another
"All are equal in the eyes of the lord of light!"