Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

I'm with you on Daenerys, but how is Benjen different in the books? I never read them so I'm curious.
It's not so much that he is different, but the scenes he has make more of an impact. He's a big reason Jon joints the Night Watch. He goes on a scout mission and Jon is alone for the first time. All the NW do for a while is ask - where is Benjen, do you think he was killed? The entire march north with the Lord Commander is about looking for him as much as anything else, and if he had been around there was a real sense it would have gone better. That was his reputation. Then everyone just stops talking about it but for readers it just sits out there forever: kind of like the Pine Barrens guy from the Sopranos if you know that: where the heck is Benjen? For whatever reason he never had the same impact on the series.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Looks like we get to see the new mountain in action next week too!

Cerci's trial by combat will be The Hound (Faith) vs the FrankenGregor (Cerci)

Arya probably get's saved by that actress, and joins the mummers in crossing back over the Narrow Sea to perform in Kingslanding, or ever better - The Twins! Maybe they go on the road and she gets revenge at every stop.

Sansa's letter was to Littlefinger and his troops at the Neck. I think he comes upon Winterfell from the South, as Robb does from the North. And the Manderlays from the East. But, LF could head South and attack the Twins when the Frey troops are at the siege of Riverrun....

IZkej15.gif

"No One" - Kind of a weird episode. Not sure what I think about it. The Jamie/Brienne reunion was a disappointment for me as he is completely in Camp Cersei now. The Blackfish dies in a completely pointless Team Stark way that we had seemed to be moving past: he had an opportunity to avoid the confrontation he didn't need in a siege he couldn't win and chose the honorable, straightforward and doomed option. This was more aggravating because as soon as Edmure showed up at the gate he knew what the play was so he could have foreseen it when Brienne made the offer. In contrast Arya is completely back on Team Stark in a more positive way, although she obviously has no idea what's going on in Westeros.

"No One" - Kind of a weird episode. Not sure what I think about it. The Jamie/Brienne reunion was a disappointment for me as he is completely in Camp Cersei now. The Blackfish dies in a completely pointless Team Stark way that we had seemed to be moving past: he had an opportunity to avoid the confrontation he didn't need in a siege he couldn't win and chose the honorable, straightforward and doomed option. This was more aggravating because as soon as Edmure showed up at the gate he knew what the play was so he could have foreseen it when Brienne made the offer. In contrast Arya is completely back on Team Stark in a more positive way, although she obviously has no idea what's going on in Westeros.
Show seems off the rails at this point. I can't even watch the tyrion/worm/missandei scenes they are so cringy.

Show seems off the rails at this point. I can't even watch the tyrion/worm/missandei scenes they are so cringy.
At least Daenerys is finally back in Mereen. No more wandering through the desert giving speeches for her.

As for Arya, I'm also glad her solo story is finally wrapped up.

Tommen... that little jerk canceled Cleganebowl! I was so hyped when Cersei said "I choose violence" and destroyed that sparrow, only to realize we won't see him in action at any point in the near future again.

Aside from Ayra, everything else in this episode was a set up for another one. At least the next episode is called Battle of the Bastards so we finally stop getting blue balled and see the Boltons fight Snow's army.

Reactions: joe

Book

Kind of hoping Blackfish's death is a red herring since he's alive in the books and off-screen deaths are 50-50 at best at this point. The shot of Brienne and Pod rowing away was dark enough that even then I was waiting for him to pop up.

Hard to say where the Riverlands arc is even going at this point. There's been so much talk of Catelyn that it seems like we may FINALLY get Lady Stoneheart - a mere two seasons too late

I can't even watch the tyrion/worm/missandei scenes they are so cringy.
I've kind of enjoyed them until last night, but agree that was embarrassing.
Book

undefined
I don't think a certain sort-of-dead character is going to appear at this point. Last night's meet between the Hound and the Brotherhood would have been a good time for that to happen.
This article has a good comparison of how the book treatment of the Riverlands compares to the show and finds the show lacking: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/game-thrones-explores-paradox-no-one-238102
On the plus side, I thought the actor's portrayal of Edmure was very solid, with a nice combination of despair, pride and pitiful attempts to do the right thing. I didn't quite buy that the guard would give it all up for him so easily, notwithstanding his position as Lord. I also liked the scene between Bronn and Pod.

Reactions: JayH
With Brienne and Pod sailing down the Red Fork and the Hound and Brotherhood Without Banners camped on the Trident, I can see them running into each other on the way North. Could a re-match be in the works? Or will they now work together with no Arya to fight over?

With Brienne and Pod sailing down the Red Fork and the Hound and Brotherhood Without Banners camped on the Trident, I can see them running into each other on the way North. Could a re-match be in the works? Or will they now work together with no Arya to fight over?
The reminder that Brienne has Jaime's sword is another argument supporting an appearance from LS...

Reactions: adam
The reminder that Brienne has Jaime's sword is another argument supporting an appearance from LS...

I think the Lady Stoneheart plot line is cut from the show. If she showed up now & resurrected, she'd be a decomposed corpse. If she's been roaming the Riverlands, we would have heard some type of rumor about it by now.

What may happen is Lord Blackheart if Thoros gets his hands on the Blackfish's body floating down the Red Fork. That would also mean that LS had a significant role in the books and the show needed to find a way to replace her before the character is needed.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
I think the Lady Stoneheart plot line is cut from the show. If she showed up now & resurrected, she'd be a decomposed corpse. If she's been roaming the Riverlands, we would have heard some type of rumor about it by now.

What may happen is Lord Blackheart if Thoros gets his hands on the Blackfish's body floating down the Red Fork. That would also mean that LS had a significant role in the books and the show needed to find a way to replace her before the character is needed.
Strongly in favor of that just from imagining how book readers would react.