Garbers Statement On Nycfc And Lampard

“I could understand why their fans are unhappy, and I do believe [NYCFC] will work hard to build back that trust,” Garber told SI.com from Florida on Saturday night. “They’ve started that process already. I sensed this was coming, and it didn’t surprise me when they ultimately made their decision."

How exactly have NYCFC begun to build back our trust? By not making a statement? By posting utter stupidity on Twitter? This gets worse each passing day. Not to mention he is insinuating that we still have to keep Frank and tie up a DP slot even though there is nothing legally binding us to do so.

We got DPed alright.
DAPed, to be precise.

From the article:
“I could understand why their fans are unhappy, and I do believe [NYCFC] will work hard to build back that trust,” Garber told SI.com from Florida on Saturday night. “They’ve started that process already.

So how exactly have they started this process? We haven't heard dick from our FO. Garber is a twat if he thinks any NYCFC supporter has had their trust rebuilt in any level.

If the description of the actual process is true, then what are the terms of compensation for us subrogating our contractual rights? FIFA doesn't allow a player to be under contract to 2 clubs, and Garber just stated that FFF is indeed under contract to MLS. That can't be true or else he couldn't have played because it would have required he be re-registered as a loanee.

Also from article:
Here, by the way, is MLS’ official version of Lampard’s contract situation: Before he was announced by NYCFC last summer, Lampard entered into an agreement with the City Football Group to play under an MLS contract for 2015 and ’16 and to play for Man City until the end of 2014 under a Man City contract. Now that Lampard’s Man City contract has been extended to the end of this season, he will join NYCFC in July and play under an MLS contract.

So i read this article as not only being total bullshit from garber in regards to them rebuilding trust, but also continuing to lie to us. What he suggests is not possible under FIFA or FA or EPL rules. We know MLS makes up rules as they go along, so we can be sure it's kosher there anyway. Garber, just when I thought you couldn't get any more stupid...

“I could understand why their fans are unhappy, and I do believe [NYCFC] will work hard to build back that trust,” Garber told SI.com from Florida on Saturday night. “They’ve started that process already. I sensed this was coming, and it didn’t surprise me when they ultimately made their decision."

How exactly have NYCFC begun to build back our trust? By not making a statement? By posting utter stupidity on Twitter? This gets worse each passing day. Not to mention he is insinuating that we still have to keep Frank and tie up a DP slot even though there is nothing legally binding us to do so.
repped for hitting post on the WHA????? aspect of this statement before me. It's confounding.

So the person whose job it is to protect the integrity of the league confirms he knew this chicanery was going on from the outset. Garber knew the nycfc fans were going to be outraged and the league was going to get dragged through mud and proceeded to sit on his hands.
I would have preferred to believe that Garber was hoodwinked and was deceived on the whole situation.
This statement really shows the extent of the full Garber neutering by CFG.

DAPed, to be precise.

From the article:
“I could understand why their fans are unhappy, and I do believe [NYCFC] will work hard to build back that trust,” Garber told SI.com from Florida on Saturday night. “They’ve started that process already.

So how exactly have they started this process? We haven't heard dick from our FO. Garber is a twat if he thinks any NYCFC supporter has had their trust rebuilt in any level.

If the description of the actual process is true, then what are the terms of compensation for us subrogating our contractual rights? FIFA doesn't allow a player to be under contract to 2 clubs, and Garber just stated that FFF is indeed under contract to MLS. That can't be true or else he couldn't have played because it would have required he be re-registered as a loanee.

Also from article:
Here, by the way, is MLS’ official version of Lampard’s contract situation: Before he was announced by NYCFC last summer, Lampard entered into an agreement with the City Football Group to play under an MLS contract for 2015 and ’16 and to play for Man City until the end of 2014 under a Man City contract. Now that Lampard’s Man City contract has been extended to the end of this season, he will join NYCFC in July and play under an MLS contract.

So i read this article as not only being total bullshit from garber in regards to them rebuilding trust, but also continuing to lie to us. What he suggests is not possible under FIFA or FA or EPL rules. We know MLS makes up rules as they go along, so we can be sure it's kosher there anyway. Garber, just when I thought you couldn't get any more stupid...

Agreed with the first bit. The bit about the contract I believe because it is exactly what was reported elsewhere. Lampard was signed to MCFC on a year long contract, with a December 31 break clause. There was what essentially amounts to a gentleman's agreement to bring him to NY on an MLS contract in the January window after this break clause was enacted. Then MCFC positioned the EPL to have this break clause removed, hence why they were able to "extend" good contract outside the window. In reality though I'm sure they knew it would be possible to keep Frank this way from the moment they structured the deal (possibly the reason it wasn't set up asa typical loan in the first place).

It's shady as fuck, but doesn't technically break any rules.

Really think we should cut our ties with Lampard. It would send the proper message to the EPL and other leagues that MLS doesn't want to be jerked around.

I wonder if Grant asked him about cutting ties with Lampard. I think it has been made abundantly clear in various articles and media outlets that NYCFC fans would honestly rather not have him on the team.

Agreed with the first bit. The bit about the contract I believe because it is exactly what was reported elsewhere. Lampard was signed to MCFC on a year long contract, with a December 31 break clause. There was what essentially amounts to a gentleman's agreement to bring him to NY on an MLS contract in the January window after this break clause was enacted. Then MCFC positioned the EPL to have this break clause removed, hence why they were able to "extend" good contract outside the window. In reality though I'm sure they knew it would be possible to keep Frank this way from the moment they structured the deal (possibly the reason it wasn't set up asa typical loan in the first place).

It's shady as fuck, but doesn't technically break any rules.
And it certainly doesn't do much for building trust.

And it certainly violates the spirit of rules banning 3rd party ownerhsip. Let's hope uefa or the fa or whomever can close this loophole since our own league will do nothing to protect its teams.

I wonder if Grant asked him about cutting ties with Lampard. I think it has been made abundantly clear in various articles and media outlets that NYCFC fans would honestly rather not have him on the team.
I'm willing to bet the option has come up behind closed doors - from a PR perspective, it'd go a long way in making it up to the fans

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm willing to bet the option has come up behind closed doors - from a PR perspective, it'd go a long way in making it up to the fans

I honestly think that the FO and especially PR is so lost on this issue and what fans expect that they probably think we will be grateful to have Frank join up whenever he can.

What does the fine print say?

It would seem to me if City simply choose not to have Frank on NYCFC, for whatever reason, at all in 2015 that would open them up to false advertisement lawsuits.