General MLS Discussion

I cooouuuulllddd get on board with this theoretically. But, the problem is that last part "if and only if it's a clear and obviously wrong call."

That is supposed to be any review and I've now lost faith in overturning only clear and obviously wrong. Calls are often getting litigated during reviews (this applies to other sports as well).

On top of that, what designates a yellow card? It's a lot softer than a red card so there are even less objective measures for determining a yellow than a red, so determining whether a yellow is clear and obviously wrong, in the current review environment, doesn't give me any good feelings.

And that’s why I caveated my statement with I see an argument for because I agree with you. Having calls getting relitigated is just so frustrating because that’s not what the tool was intended for.

But I disagree about what designates a yellow. That’s what the rule books are for. If it’s a yellow the ref should call it. If it’s not then it’s not. But I get implementation and vibes go into a refs decision so yeah that is a slippery slope.

More often than not the lighter Yellow was the first one because of the way refs usually manage games. Sometimes it was for persistence. Sometimes, as with Delgado, for delay of game in a manner that gets called maybe 5% of the time.
I’m with SoupInNYC SoupInNYC on this. Though my instinct was that a 2Y should be same as a red for review purposes, i now think the current rule is better.

small thing - but i am so glad MLS went back to "matchday" instead of the "matchweek" they used last year. that was really annoying.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
small thing - but i am so glad MLS went back to "matchday" instead of the "matchweek" they used last year. that was really annoying.
Yesterday I read someone else criticize because Saturday/Sunday was a single matchday. Technically, I guess neither matchweek nor matchday are correct. I don't have a preference.

Second yellow reversed.
Busquets even acknowledged that he didn’t think it deserved a yellow card, though it’s also clear he did everything he could to try and get one drawn, and he also admitted it likely led to the equalizer

Busquets even acknowledged that he didn’t think it deserved a yellow card, though it’s also clear he did everything he could to try and get one drawn, and he also admitted it likely led to the equalizer
I remember years ago when Busquets went down writhing on the ground with his hands over his face to draw a card and then literally opened his hands to peek if the ref was watching to see if he could continue. Disgraceful. Look for a lot more of the same on Miami because, well, Miami is Garber's favorite.

spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Not only do we look like the worst team in the league, RBNJ are looking good, possibly very good. Although Dallas just got one back…

Although NJ was gifted a penalty for a dive in the box, really it should be 1-1. Up a goal they can fully leverage their shitty style. And the Apple studio guys can barely contain their joy.

Is all so gross.

Although NJ was gifted a penalty for a dive in the box, really it should be 1-1. Up a goal they can fully leverage their shitty style. And the Apple studio guys can barely contain their joy.

Is all so gross.

I'm just glad our game was 2pm and not 7:30. Can you imagine being in Yankee Stadium right now with how heavy the rain is? It was bad enough this afternoon.

Red Bull is so annoying. And that includes on the desk and in the booth.

I still hope our guys are all hanging together and watching MLS360, though. We need to build some chemistry, and there's so much good stuff going on around the league tonight. Giakoumakis scored a goal I would give anything to see Bakrar or Jovan even try, let alone hit.

Last year on the MLS Gamecenter there was a graph that showed xG as a graph with time on the x axis and xG on the y. It was easy to track the xG for each shot and see when it went up a little or lot. I'm not seeing it this year. Am I obtuse or is it gone?

Last year on the MLS Gamecenter there was a graph that showed xG as a graph with time on the x axis and xG on the y. It was easy to track the xG for each shot and see when it went up a little or lot. I'm not seeing it this year. Am I obtuse or is it gone?
Nope. I noticed that too. It appears gone. Too bad. I really liked reviewing that.

Reactions: mgarbowski