Home 05/15 - Chicago

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Next game at home this Friday.
After today's effort and quite frankly this season I don't expect more than 20k at the game.
Game time is at 7:00
And for whatever reason it's on Univision again.

Probably wont be able to see it. At work and I dont know if we have univision.

The way this team is performing they dont deserve 20k attendance. If we manage it I will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm gonna try to look at the bright side:

- Friday night looks to be a beautiful, clear spring night. Should be a great night to go to the stadium.
- It took a massive goalkeeping error and a stupid red to down us in Chi-town a few weeks ago.
- Chicago also is in a skid too so we're not running into a juggernaut at home like Seattle again.
- We seemingly came out of the game tonight healthy and it sounded like Calle and Nemec made decent progress this week. Hopefully we'll have a full squad for the picking on Friday.
- There's no where to go but up from here. A win surprisingly puts us right back in the play-off picture. Thank God the East is so weak.

I know people have been giving him shit but I'd like to see Tian now with Alvarez above him. I still think his problem is once he breaks a defender he has no one open. Alvarez could fix that problem. Everyone else from RSL, sit the fuck down. Hope Calle is back too. Play Villa upfront. He's a ST!

Reactions: jguab2 and Gavin23
I still think we may have high attendance, even playing like shit. Its the only professional sport in NY that you can attend and have decent seats for roughly $20.
That said, these guys have a lot to make up for and play for...they need a win to legitimize them to MLS and their fans

Reactions: leilanikali420
If they lose every game the rest of the season, I'll still be there for every one (section 136). Let's bring 30k on Friday and keep showing why we'd rather be NYC than NJ.

So sad that last night was their first sellout of the season and only 15th in the history of their stadium. God I can't wait for us to get our own stadium and sell that shit out every game.

I know people have been giving him shit but I'd like to see Tian now with Alvarez above him. I still think his problem is once he breaks a defender he has no one open. Alvarez could fix that problem. Everyone else from RSL, sit the fuck down. Hope Calle is back too. Play Villa upfront. He's a ST!
Alvarez is playing well, but he's a bit limited 1v1. Making good decisions, good passes, but having a hard time taking on a defender. But, he was one of the more dangerous players the last few games and should be on the field. I'm almost inclined to see Poku start, and even if he can't go the second half, use a sub on him. We've started too slowly this year, and it's taken a long time to get anything going. At least Poku can play a direct ball with pace to put someone in a good position.

Tian had a pretty good first half of the season so far, but has relinquished possession a little to easily of late. He can at least be creative and try to take someone 1v1 if he doesn't have a pass. Let's hope Calle and Nemec are back, too. Shelton played well in the first 40 minutes, but disappeared, and really dropped back far as a striker -- which is one of his strengths -- so, I'd rather see him on the right in the midfield instead of up top.

Playing Villa off of Nemec is where he needs to be, and Mullins can be really useful taking Adam's place, too.

Saunders
Williams;Hernandez;Wingert;Calle
Shelton;Mix;Poku;Tian/Alvarez
Villa
Nemec

Reactions: DeGrozz
If they lose every game the rest of the season, I'll still be there for every one (section 136). Let's bring 30k on Friday and keep showing why we'd rather be NYC than NJ.

So sad that last night was their first sellout of the season and only 15th in the history of their stadium. God I can't wait for us to get our own stadium and sell that shit out every game.

That sellout looked pretty sparse on the off-camera side of the pitch.

I am barely excited for this game. Still so mad about getting blown off the field in NJ. I hope this losing brings out some leadership on this team. Sorely lacking someone to show some fucking balls on the pitch.

The day Kreis starts Shelton, Calle, Mix, Poku, Alvarez and Villa at the same time will be the day I shit a brick.
Don't understand what this guy sees in some of our players and not see in others.
If Poku can only last 60 minutes then fuck it. Put him in for 60, we go down early every game so even if you don't start him you're taking someone out at the 60 mark nearly every game anyway.

The day Kreis starts Shelton, Calle, Mix, Poku, Alvarez and Villa at the same time will be the day I shit a brick.
Don't understand what this guy sees in some of our players and not see in others.
If Poku can only last 60 minutes then fuck it. Put him in for 60, we go down early every game so even if you don't start him you're taking someone out at the 60 mark nearly every game anyway.
Amen

Hoping for Nemec and Calle to be healthy for this one. Last couple weeks, our formation often ends up playing like a 4-2-2-2, so I'd like to see it shape like this:

Code:
---------------Villa--------Nemec---------------
------------------------------------------------
--------Alvarez-----------------McNamara--------
----------------Mix-------Jacobson--------------
---Calle--------------------------------Allen---
-------------Hernandez----W.Siriboe-------------

I actually agree with Kreis that Poku is best right now as a second half sub, and I think he was right the first time on Shelton being better as a spark off the bench as well. Those two would be my first guys off the bench.

I picked McNamara because I couldn't bring myself to trot out any of the other midfielders. Assuming Mac is match fit, I want to see what he can do.

Watson-Siriboe sucks too, but I'm done with Wingert.

I still repeat that KWS and Hernandez are our best pair until Kreis gets over whatever beef he has with Mendoza and we can see what he looks like with Hernandez and KWS. But I don't fucking want to see Wingert at CB again. Just fucking look at the way he runs.

That sellout looked pretty sparse on the off-camera side of the pitch.
I checked and was able to find tickets online for the game less than a half hour prior to kickoff.

With all the seats that were empty in going to say the sell out seems just a bit fishy to me.

Reactions: Gavin23