Home - 11/4 Atlanta - Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: ZYanksRule
Atlanta should wrap him in bubble wrap. Maybe just send him to London now. Mea culpa.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Gonna have to follow this one on the phone. As A Sabres hockey fan had my buddy in Brooklyn with Rangers ticket connections grab those for me weeks ago while floundering NYC and MLS play offs were not in my thought process. Can't really back out on the people I'm going with at this point. Hopefully they can make me sorry for missing it :D

Gonna have to follow this one on the phone. As A Sabres hockey fan had my buddy in Brooklyn with Rangers ticket connections grab those for me weeks ago while floundering NYC and MLS play offs were not in my thought process. Can't really back out on the people I'm going with at this point. Hopefully they can make me sorry for missing it :D
As long as they come with you for the first leg against the Red Bulls.

I just bought two more tickets for this game and the only options it gave me on ticketmaster was to print at home or will call.

I'm definitely aware that Yankee Stadium no longer accepts printed tickets, but others very well might not know that and this could be incredibly confusing to them

The good news has arrived.
NYCFC has been given a clean bill of health in the run up to the all-important first leg matchup with Atlanta United FC this Sunday at Yankee Stadium.
After recovering a handful of players in the run up to the Playoffs – Dome Torrent now has all the regular options at his disposal in the highly anticipated matchup over two legs with Tata Martino.
Kick-off takes place at 7pm on Sunday night - #MakeItHere

New York City FC

• OUT: D - Cedric Hountondji (hamstring injury)
Atlanta United FC (Per MLSSoccer.com)

• OUT: D - Sal Zizzo (right knee injury)
  • OUT: D - Mikey Ambrose (right knee surgery 8/6, out 3-4 months) - READ
  • OUT: M - Miguel Almiron (left hamstring injury 10/6, out week-to-week)
  • OUT: F - Brandon Vazquez (foot injury)

HUGE news that Almiron is out, if this is accurate.

Last edited:
The good news has arrived.
NYCFC has been given a clean bill of health in the run up to the all-important first leg matchup with Atlanta United FC this Sunday at Yankee Stadium.
After recovering a handful of players in the run up to the Playoffs – Dome Torrent now has all the regular options at his disposal in the highly anticipated matchup over two legs with Tata Martino.
Kick-off takes place at 7pm on Sunday night - #MakeItHere

New York City FC

• OUT: D - Cedric Hountondji (hamstring injury)
Atlanta United FC (Per MLSSoccer.com)

• OUT: D - Sal Zizzo (right knee injury)
  • OUT: D - Mikey Ambrose (right knee surgery 8/6, out 3-4 months) - READ
  • OUT: M - Miguel Almiron (left hamstring injury 10/6, out week-to-week)
  • OUT: F - Brandon Vazquez (foot injury)

HUGE news that Almiron is out, if this is accurate.

Almiron is available for selection. The MLSsoccer.com report is dated 10/27. Almiron has been in training with the team this week. I don't expect him to start, likely comes off the bench.

Reactions: Kjbert and dummyrun
Almiron is available for selection. The MLSsoccer.com report is dated 10/27. Almiron has been in training with the team this week. I don't expect him to start, likely comes off the bench.
On every set piece that Almiron doesn’t take, the guy defending him really should knee him in the hamstring like a Charlie horse. Body up to the guy or during the run of play needle him relentlessly with physical play and tackles. At the very least, his hamstring will cramp or spasm, at best he’ll likely over-exert it & re-injure it keeping him out of the following week.

On every set piece that Almiron doesn’t take, the guy defending him really should knee him in the hamstring like a Charlie horse. Body up to the guy or during the run of play needle him relentlessly with physical play and tackles. At the very least, his hamstring will cramp or spasm, at best he’ll likely over-exert it & re-injure it keeping him out of the following week.

:eek:

The amount of needling and jabs that goes on in the game that fans and refs don’t see is ridiculous. It’s the game within the game. As long as our guys don’t overstep into flagrant fouls, it’s all fair.

I got that lesson in my teens during a game against one of the club directors who learned his skills playing in England. The shit that he did out of sight of the ref was crazy, from shirt grabs, to jabs, to posting up with a leg between mine so I couldn’t move around him without tripping.

Reactions: roxfontaine
The amount of needling and jabs that goes on in the game that fans and refs don’t see is ridiculous. It’s the game within the game. As long as our guys don’t overstep into flagrant fouls, it’s all fair.

I got that lesson in my teens during a game against one of the club directors who learned his skills playing in England. The shit that he did out of sight of the ref was crazy, from shirt grabs, to jabs, to posting up with a leg between mine so I couldn’t move around him without tripping.
Cool lol.

My shoulder still pops sometimes and half my labrum is torn because in a training session, some dude decided to practice his "skills" by running me into the ground on a dead play.

Do we really need to be encouraging actions that are solely intended to injure our opponents?

Cool lol.

My shoulder still pops sometimes and half my labrum is torn because in a training session, some dude decided to practice his "skills" by running me into the ground on a dead play.

Do we really need to be encouraging actions that are solely intended to injure our opponents?
That’s pretty shitty that your teammate injured you, and I’m not sure my example and yours are equal, but ok.

What I suggested is no different than the Charlie horse suffered (delivered by a classmate) in gym class while you’re standing at your locker. Honestly, how NYCFC played Giovinco a couple years ago (twice?) was way more physical than anything I was suggesting- every time he got the ball he was checked off it or tackled to the ground, not caring if a foul was given because it was the cumulative effect the team was looking for. By the second half, Gio’s focus was completely lost and he was a non-factor because he was on the ground so much. Don’t think for a second that teams don’t play Maxi more physically than others, and give him extra bumps when they have the opportunity, because they are looking at the cumulative effect it has on him.

Also, what I suggested was not an intentional head butt to the back of a head instead of going for a ball, but that’s in many CBs repertoire. It’s not the shirt grabbing with the intent to grab the skin underneath/pinching that happens - we saw a DC player lose half his shorts a few years back to Lampard(?). It’s not the extended elbows that “protect” a player playing, but not really playing, a 50/50 header.

Last edited:
Reactions: roxfontaine
Status
Not open for further replies.