Home - October 23 - Toronto (Eastern Conference Semifinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shake Shack is terrific. Yes, it is fast food, but it is about the best fast food there is. Originally, it was a revelation about how good fast food can be; now there are many similar upscale options. It is way off to compare Shake Shack to the schlock you get at most fast food places - much less the inedible shit served at Yankee Stadium (Bare Burger excepted).

Blue Smoke is simply terrific too. Both are by Danny Meyer. I have great memories of eating at the Jazz Standard (a Jazz Club that is the downstairs portion of Blue Smoke) and enjoying great music and great food.

I went to a Mets game this year, and my son had the Shack and I had the Smoke and we were both really happy. If the Club can't get those open for this game, it's a big fucking miss.

If Shake Shack is closed, I'd imagine that Blue Smoke would be too since they are the same operation.
The idiocy of not opening when it’d be in high demand is baffling. It just doesn’t make sense to stay closed when they’re guaranteed non-stop orders at inflated prices for two hours.

I remember back in 2017 only the local 7 train was supposed to be running for our match vs. Columbus at Citi Field. NYCFC got the MTA to run an express 7 to Citi Field and a super express 7 back to Manhattan after the match. And Sims can't even convince Citi Field to get Shake Shack open for this match.

Anyone know if Citi has the same "bring your own food" friendly policy that we get at YS?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
A guy on Twitter says he worked with his rep and managed to get his 5 friends all sitting together for the game.

His tweets are protected so I can't just post it.

Reactions: adam
My rep was not nearly as accommodating. And he had been up to this point. The word “impossible” was floated several times.
Seems like a ripe moment for you to have used some of your avatar on him. He set you up for multiple quips.

Reactions: DarwinianWit
126 Row 17 to 136 Row 3.

I’m hoping for no rain. But because this is the outfield, I assume my seats are elevated? I sit back from the front for protection and a view down on the pitch. I think I should be happy

126 Row 17 to 136 Row 3.

I’m hoping for no rain. But because this is the outfield, I assume my seats are elevated? I sit back from the front for protection and a view down on the pitch. I think I should be happy

giphy.gif

Would be a fun tune to make into pre game song stadium-wide..... except that there's usually not that many in their seats until kickoff + 5-10, especially if a midweek match.

Reactions: Kjbert
So now we go up against a highly confident tfc team with a rested jozy and omar.

Gonna be a tough match but I think we have what it takes to come out on top. The key will be our intensity. We have to win the duels and we have to play our game.

It’s official. We can rename the thread. And we now have to hope TFC wore themselves out some going 120 on a Saturday night.

Reactions: Kjbert
Me: Damn a little nervous we might be rusty having not played a real game in a few weeks.

Also me: Jozy and Omar have had two weeks off and are gonna be well rested. Definitely gonna tear it up.

Why am I like this?

I think we'll be ok. we got a decent scrimmage. it's not a real game but it was better than a training scrimmage at the training facility against the academy and reserve players there's also no guarantee Jozy will play on wednesday. current status is it's still day to day.

we drew with a FULL STRENGTH Toronto squad at yankee stadium on 9-11 thanks to a monster save from SJ. We weren't full strength then but we will be this time. It'll be a different game. Like I said earlier, it'll come down to our intensity and winning duels while playing our game. WE GOT THIS. Gotta bring the noise and the 12th man. We always play better with crowd support. LET'S DO IT!!! LET'S GO NYC!!!!!

I think we'll be ok. we got a decent scrimmage. it's not a real game but it was better than a training scrimmage at the training facility against the academy and reserve players there's also no guarantee Jozy will play on wednesday. current status is it's still day to day.

we drew with a FULL STRENGTH Toronto squad at yankee stadium on 9-11 thanks to a monster save from SJ. We weren't full strength then but we will be this time. It'll be a different game. Like I said earlier, it'll come down to our intensity and winning duels while playing our game. WE GOT THIS. Gotta bring the noise and the 12th man. We always play better with crowd support. LET'S DO IT!!! LET'S GO NYC!!!!!

under full strength is an under statement. Here’s our lineup. No maxi, Callens, chanot, Heber, sands, Isi came in late returning from injury.

we also played a match 4 days earlier when Toronto was rested. And we knew we had a match coming up 3 days later vs SJ.

3C251132-6A02-489F-862F-8E4FB85F44FF.png411C6ADF-4DFD-4338-842D-E653749D16F8.jpeg

We drew without Maxi, Chanot, Callens, Isi and Taty, as adam adam was kind enough to remind me.

Jozy is coming back from injury. Delgado may have pulled a hamstring. Brillant now plays at DC and Giovinco isn't there to castrate him. In spite of this he took a rocket to the nuts tonight.

We have some irrational scar tissue when it comes to Toronto but we are a great team, playing at home with a likely to be raucous crowd. We've shown we can bury bad memories in big matches against the Red Bulls. It's going to be an intense battle but I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.