Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Some good fixtures for us to enjoy this month.
After we see off RBNJ we face off against Orlando. We are 'their' rivals so expect odd tweets from their club and general idiocy from their fans.

Game is 05/29 at 4pm. ESPN

Won't be able to make this match, alas, and frankly I'm a little annoyed at my daughter for graduating college that day.
Wow, I would have guessed you were younger than me.

Have we ever done a demographics poll? NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan

I'm much more curious about say, the top 100 or 200 posters than where the clicks come from.

Won't be able to make this match, alas, and frankly I'm a little annoyed at my daughter for graduating college that day.
That game will be the end of 5 in a row at home I've been unable to make:
Chicago - Wedding in Jamaica
Montreal - Out of town for work trip
Vancouver - Wedding in Minneapolis
NJRB - Out of town in Chicago
Orlando - Wedding in Jersey (freaking Sunday wedding)

Other people need to stop acting like adults and getting married and stuff

That game will be the end of 5 in a row at home I've been unable to make:
Chicago - Wedding in Jamaica
Montreal - Out of town for work trip
Vancouver - Wedding in Minneapolis
NJRB - Out of town in Chicago
Orlando - Wedding in Jersey (freaking Sunday wedding)

Other people need to stop acting like adults and getting married and stuff
Hate to break it to you, but as soon as you get through the weddings, people start having kids.

Good news is after that I guess you get a little bit of a break before you start running into Seth Seth's problem

Reactions: Ulrich

I'm much more curious about say, the top 100 or 200 posters than where the clicks come from.
She's actually the younger one; I have another daughter who's 30. And two grandchildren, one of whom (age 9) I brought to a match this year.

I'm 56, born in 1960.

Reactions: Goodfella and adam

I've had a few ideas for this but figured I'd wait until the offseason when we don't have much to talk about.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
As usual, I'm confused. For Orlando game I want to try sitting in Chicken Bucket and I thought the main Chicken Bucket section was 207. But on TM that section for Orlando game looks like it has a ton of tickets available straight from NYCFC. Do I have the right section?

As usual, I'm confused. For Orlando game I want to try sitting in Chicken Bucket and I thought the main Chicken Bucket section was 207. But on TM that section for Orlando game looks like it has a ton of tickets available straight from NYCFC. Do I have the right section?

The Coop is in Section 206, but it is bleeding over to the adjoining sections. Believe me, if you sit in 207, you will be a part of things. Had a great time there for the Vancouver game.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene
Chicken Bucket chants have gone all the way down to the other side of the field by first base. The Chicken Bucket is real.
I sit in 136 and have been there for every home game we've played. I have yet to hear the chant.

:(

She's actually the younger one; I have another daughter who's 30. And two grandchildren, one of whom (age 9) I brought to a match this year.

I'm 56, born in 1960.
Never would have guessed that.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can someone explain The Coop or the Chicken Bucket or direct me to a link that explains it?

Can someone explain The Coop or the Chicken Bucket or direct me to a link that explains it?
I'm hardly an expert but here goes.

YS. Large buckets. Filled with chicken. Strange fans. Enjoy obsession.

Lift. Chant. Repeat.

Original. Section 206
Current. South end of stadium.

Soon to be adopted by USMNT.

I'm hardly an expert but here goes.

YS. Large buckets. Filled with chicken. Strange fans. Enjoy obsession.

Lift. Chant. Repeat.

Original. Section 206
Current. South end of stadium.

Soon to be adopted by USMNT.
Reasonably accurate, but technically the bucket is filled with french fries and also happens to have some chicken in it. So high marks but with a small deduction. A–. Good job.

Also, I believe you can feed a family of eight on the amount of french fries you get. And don't forget that the buckets, when empty of course, make excellent headgear in the event of weather or too much sun.

The key is that in a stadium full of bad food at ripoff prices, here is some bad food provided in such quantity that it can be a real deal if you share it.

Plus, just like the cheer itself, there is something rather absurd about the chicken bucket. It's just so much food…

so…much… food.

I just remembered this too. In the front row of 207, on the 206 side, there are two guys with personalized home jersies: one with the name "Chicken" and the other with the name "Bucket".

Status
Not open for further replies.