Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key is that in a stadium full of bad food at ripoff prices, here is some bad food provided in such quantity that it can be a real deal if you share it.

Plus, just like the cheer itself, there is something rather absurd about the chicken bucket. It's just so much food…

so…much… food.
That could be the second part of a call-and-response type of chant:

CHICKEN BUCKET

(so much food)

This game has just gotten so much more important after our RBNJ shit show today.
We need to bounce back and win this...
We need to make changes...
We can't lose to Orlando again...
My lineup hopes:
Harrison Villa Mendoza
Pirlo Mix
Bravo
Matta Hernandez Brillant Allen
Mother Fucking Johansen

Here is the injury report for New York City FC vs. Orlando City:

New York City FC
  • David Villa - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Andrea Pirlo - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Frank Lampard - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Josh Saunders - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Ronald Mataritta- QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • RJ Allen - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Jason Hernandez - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Frederic Brillant - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Frederico Bravo - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Khiry Shelton - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)
  • Tommy McNamara - QUESTIONABLE (Butt hurt)

I want to see this lineup:

---------Matarrita--Villa--McNamara------
----------------Mix--------Pirlo---------------
---------------------Bravo---------------------
--Allen--Hernandez--Brillant--Iraola-----
------------------Johansen-------------------

Vieira isn't going to give up on the 4-3-3. That being said:
1) Mataritta is a liability on defense, an asset on offense. Put him forward at LW and move McNamara over to RW if he can play that position (if not Mendoza then Shelton).
2) Midfield, duh. Bravo to cover Pirlo. Mix going box to box. Other midfield considerations would be Lampard instead of Pirlo or Poku instead of Pirlo. You can't have both on the field at the same time.
3) Allen can play both sides left and right so stick him at LB and put Iraola at RB. We really can't change much in the back four with only White as a viable starting option. Martinez and Mena aren't seeing the light of day anytime soon.
4) Eirik Johansen's Blue Army!

I want to see this lineup:

---------Matarrita--Villa--McNamara------
----------------Mix--------Pirlo---------------
---------------------Bravo---------------------
--Allen--Hernandez--Brillant--Iraola-----
------------------Johansen-------------------
Bravo and Mikey are both out. Yellows #7 and #5.

So PV is going to be forced to replace those two. Questions is, all hysterical shrieking about replacing everyone aside, how much of the rest of the lineup remains intact.

So PV is going to be forced to replace those two. Questions is, all hysterical shrieking about replacing everyone aside, how much of the rest of the lineup remains intact.

The MLS preview for the game said that Mikey was the only player suspended after his next yellow. Bravo needed two yellows.

After crushing losses like that in other leagues, many times teams will do wholesale changes to force a point. We can't be so drastic because our bench isn't stocked with starters, but there has to be a shakeup of some sort. Some of these players need to take a step back and realize doing the same stuff over and over in losses is not helping their case for minutes and hurting the team. I'd sit: Shelton, Saunders, Hernandez, RJ, TMac.

Harrison - Villa - Mendoza

Pirlo - Mix

Bravo

Mata - White - Brillant - Iraola

Lurch

Or play Villa up front with Mendoza and drop Harrison deeper to a left midfield role to relieve some pressure in the midfield - it's all semantics anyway.

TMac as a spark off the bench. Are the increase in minutes catching up with him?

If it turns out Bravo is suspended for yellows, then Medhi takes his spot.

I liked what I saw with Harrison. I hope he gets minutes. He very likely could be a starter for us soon. I guess you could start him and give him 60. I think if we see that approach rather than a sub, we know that PV thinks he is a significant step up over anyone else.

More likely, he gets a late sub appearance.

Isn't Matarrita out for Cops?

The club should make the next home game be fan appreciation day with $2 beers and $3 chicken buckets - it's the least they could do after a 7-0 loss.
Could they at least give us the free liter of soda you get with a Bucket if you pay with a Master Card that is only available at Yankee Games?
More responsive: I'd like to see some gesture from the club. I always hesitate ever to suggest someone who isn't me give stuff away for free or cheap. And I don't expect it here. But something more substantial than a "Hey guys, we're still playing for you" Tweet would be nice. If newspapers were still a thing, a nice big ad in one of those would show some substance to their theoretical shame.

Last edited:
The MLS preview for the game said that Mikey was the only player suspended after his next yellow. Bravo needed two yellows.
You're right. My mistake. Suspensions on yellows #5, 8, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, etc. I'd suggest anything beyond 19 is ludicrous, but Bravo and Mikey both seem like they could make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.