Home - 04/30 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having eventually got around to watching the Montreal game, I think there were a lot of positives to take from the game. The performance of Allen, Mata and Brilliant at the back. Bravo in midfield and TMAC and Khiry did well. I also though Mendoza was very good when he came on. So with this in mind I would play this team

Johansen

Allen
Brilliant
White
Mata

Bravo
Mix

Khiry
Mendoza
TMAC

Villa

I really believe it's time to take Saunders and Hernandez out of the team and give a chance to Erik and Ethan. I believe White has a much more physical presence than Hernandez. Erik is more composed on the ball than Saunders.

In midfield I would bring in Mix alongside Bravo, with Mix pushing a little more forward. Then I would have Khiry and TMAC wide, allowing Mendoza to be the one playing behind Villa. I believe from there he can use his pace to get at the centre backs of Vancouver. I have really liked how he has played the last two games and feel in a more forward position he can create chances for the team.

Having eventually got around to watching the Montreal game, I think there were a lot of positives to take from the game. The performance of Allen, Mata and Brilliant at the back. Bravo in midfield and TMAC and Khiry did well. I also though Mendoza was very good when he came on. So with this in mind I would play this team

Johansen

Allen
Brilliant
White
Mata

Bravo
Mix

Khiry
Mendoza
TMAC

Villa

I really believe it's time to take Saunders and Hernandez out of the team and give a chance to Erik and Ethan. I believe White has a much more physical presence than Hernandez. Erik is more composed on the ball than Saunders.

In midfield I would bring in Mix alongside Bravo, with Mix pushing a little more forward. Then I would have Khiry and TMAC wide, allowing Mendoza to be the one playing behind Villa. I believe from there he can use his pace to get at the centre backs of Vancouver. I have really liked how he has played the last two games and feel in a more forward position he can create chances for the team.

Sadly, RJ is out injured for today.

Morning Pigeons! Going to be a huge Vancouver away section today. I'm friends with the brother of White Caps CB (and USMNT U23 member) Tim Parker who is from Hicksville on Long Island. Rumor has it 150-200 people will be showing to support Tim and Vancouver. It's yet to be seen if they are all sitting together, but the away team should have some good support. Hopefully everyone controls themselves and doesn't harass them! (We all know who I'm talking about...)

Would you look at that. 1st goal came because 69 started a run, and Pirlo dropped the ball at his feet. Then he crossed it in the box and Fat Frank somehow ran into it.
MAKING RUNS DURING A SOCCER GAME, IT WORKS.

Said thing is your sarcasm is truth.

1/2 the team doesn't know how to run off the ball. Most of the time they are just ball watching. It drives me bonkers.

Morning Pigeons! Going to be a huge Vancouver away section today. I'm friends with the brother of White Caps CB (and USMNT U23 member) Tim Parker who is from Hicksville on Long Island. Rumor has it 150-200 people will be showing to support Tim and Vancouver. It's yet to be seen if they are all sitting together, but the away team should have some good support. Hopefully everyone controls themselves and doesn't harass them! (We all know who I'm talking about...)

Tim also played for the Rough Riders. In another time he would have been a homegrown player for us!

I wont be able to watch live but it goes without saying 3 points is a must, if not then, boy oh boy its going to get late early.

Reactions: BossNYC

This is great. I hope that they love the atmosphere and hate the game. Maybe we can get some to start coming for more games, but this time in the light blue.

Think I'll throw on my Lampard jersey for good luck today. (When I bought it, I didn't realize I'd end up wearing it ironically.)

Reactions: Ulrich
Tim also played for the Rough Riders. In another time he would have been a homegrown player for us!
That's okay. We don't need a young center back who is composed on the ball and takes up good positions

Tim did do us a minor favor in their last game when he hung Kendall Waston out to dry resulting in him picking up a second yellow and getting suspended.

Pro Referee assignment for this match...

New York City v Vancouver Whitecaps
Yankee Stadium (4:00pm ET)
REF: SORIN STOICA
AR1: Sean Hurd
AR2: Kermit Quisenberry
4TH: Alex Chilowicz

I hope that Kermit is on the benches side of the field. I'm going to heckle the shit out of him.

I wont be able to watch live but it goes without saying 3 points is a must, if not then, boy oh boy its going to get late early.
Oh yeah.

I mean we're probably already out of playoffs either way.

I would play this team

Johansen

Allen
Brilliant
White
Mata

Bravo
Mix

Khiry
Mendoza
TMAC

Villa
One of the big complaints on these boards has been no consistency. Now you want to change personnel and formation.

I hope PV gives us a 4-3-3 close to what we had last game. We bossed a damn good MTL squad and came extra time away from a win. Obviously need to swap RJ, probably for Iraola or maybe White if Iraola's stock has dropped that much.

Every other swap is a choice not a necessity. And I know this won't be the popular view on these boards, but if I can only make one other switch, it's not Saunders. It's Mikey "what does a guy have to do to get a red card" Lopez. Swap Mix in.

Get 3 points.

#mobilepost

Reactions: SteveV and S1ARK5
Status
Not open for further replies.