Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. My mistake. Suspensions on yellows #5, 8, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, etc. I'd suggest anything beyond 19 is ludicrous, but Bravo and Mikey both seem like they could make it.
Well, I've done the calculations and if you get one yellow per match you can have a maximum of 25 yellows in a 34 game season, missing 9 matches. Total fine: $7,500. Might have another $1,000 on that if you get another card in the last game of the season but not sure of that one, or how a 10th one-game suspension would carry over.

yellowcardtable.png

You're right. My mistake. Suspensions on yellows #5, 8, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, etc. I'd suggest anything beyond 19 is ludicrous, but Bravo and Mikey both seem like they could make it.
Depends on whether or not deserved reds are given. If they are, no shot at 19 yellows.

After crushing losses like that in other leagues, many times teams will do wholesale changes to force a point. We can't be so drastic because our bench isn't stocked with starters, but there has to be a shakeup of some sort. Some of these players need to take a step back and realize doing the same stuff over and over in losses is not helping their case for minutes and hurting the team. I'd sit: Shelton, Saunders, Hernandez, RJ, TMac.

Harrison - Villa - Mendoza

Pirlo - Mix

Bravo

Mata - White - Brillant - Iraola

Lurch

Or play Villa up front with Mendoza and drop Harrison deeper to a left midfield role to relieve some pressure in the midfield - it's all semantics anyway.

TMac as a spark off the bench. Are the increase in minutes catching up with him?

If it turns out Bravo is suspended for yellows, then Medhi takes his spot.

With Mikey out is there any way Mix doesn't start in his place? I'd like to think its a certainty but I just don't know. Also I don't think you will see TMac lose his starting spot. He had three assists and a goal in his last four starts. One subpar game isn't going to change PV's opinion of him, especially when everyone was subpar yesterday. I'd rather see Shelton go to the bench and move TMac to the right, with the three up top being Harrison/Mindoza, Villa and TMac.
My guess is that Harrison won't start next week but if he plays well as a sub again I think he'll be pushing for a starting spot soon. He looked pretty crafty out there.

With Mikey out is there any way Mix doesn't start in his place? I'd like to think its a certainty but I just don't know. Also I don't think you will see TMac lose his starting spot. He had three assists and a goal in his last four starts. One subpar game isn't going to change PV's opinion of him, especially when everyone was subpar yesterday. I'd rather see Shelton go to the bench and move TMac to the right, with the three up top being Harrison/Mindoza, Villa and TMac.
My guess is that Harrison won't start next week but if he plays well as a sub again I think he'll be pushing for a starting spot soon. He looked pretty crafty out there.

Yes. For Lopez.

There are two scenarios where Mix doesn't start in place for Lopez.

1) Lampard...
2) TMac to Lopez spot. Harrison up top.

Please PV ... Something like this

Mendoza----- Villa----- TMac
Mix/(Harrison?) --- Pirlo?
Bravo
Mata--- Hernandez- Brill- (Anthying but White)
A Hybrid of Saunders with Erik's Distribution

Mendoza and Harrison immediately had moments of impact as soon as they entered the game last time. #Harrison4Lopez

Reactions: Viewfrom226
If he plays both fat frank and Pirlo at the same time, he's gotta be fucking clueless.
Perhaps. Though, if in remembering right, the two of them played together in the Toronto, San Jose and Vancouver matches at the end of last year once Lampard was finally healthy. That was with Jacobson, who is, for me at least, inferior to Bravo as a holder. Those were probably some of the best matches we've ever played.

It isn't the approach that I'd take, but I also wouldn't take it as a forgone conclusion that we'd get destroyed. If Lampard isn't able to really work, though, then it would be brutal for sure.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If he plays both fat frank and Pirlo at the same time, he's gotta be fucking clueless.
That's funny, I've been looking forward to Pirlo and Lampard on the field at the same time for months. There were some Pirlo to Lampard to Villa sequences last year that were glorious, the way the game is supposed to be played.

Though, if in remembering right, the two of them played together in the Toronto, San Jose and Vancouver matches at the end of last year once Lampard was finally healthy. That was with Jacobson, who is, for me at least, inferior to Bravo as a holder. Those were probably some of the best matches we've ever played.
You are correct, but OTOH they also played together in losses to MTL, RB, CMB, DAL, DC, and NER. It's just what we were then. I'm not sure the pairing made much of a difference either way.

You are correct, but OTOH they also played together in losses to MTL, RB, CMB, DAL, DC, and NER. It's just what we were then. I'm not sure the pairing made much of a difference either way.
Fair point. Other than isolated instances, we were just pretty bad last year. Hard to argue against that.

Who plays for Mata at LB? Do we go Martinez? Or slide Allen over?

I doubt the front line changes, and I don't think it should. In midfield, the question is Frank or Mix. I think Mix deserves it, but I am going to guess Frank.

I doubt the front line changes, and I don't think it should. In midfield, the question is Frank or Mix. I think Mix deserves it, but I am going to guess Frank.
Its big apple jack time for me. That guy dribbles at the defense like no one on our team. He plays like Villa does when he slides over to LW. Draws defenders, looks like he can do what Grella has been doing to others.

She's actually the younger one; I have another daughter who's 30. And two grandchildren, one of whom (age 9) I brought to a match this year.

I'm 56, born in 1960.
I'll be joining you on #Team50 in November

Personally, I would go with Martinez. I think he's been okay, but as much because I don't think moving RJ is worth given that the other RB options aren't that strong. For me, there is then a question of what you do in the RSL match since Martinez hasn't yet played 90 mins, let alone two matches on a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.