Ideas For Songs/chants

Celtic have used the "never walk alone" theme as well so its hardly just exclusive to Liverpool. Celtic fans probably don't walk alone they are probably too busy stumbling and falling all over each other 99% of the time. Not being stereotypical but I've never seen more obnoxious drunken fans in my life. They should change their anthem to "you will never drink alone".

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Just had an idea for a chant that goes along with the third rail. We can use the instrumental from Crazy Train and add our own lyrics

The song can be slow and have nothing to do with NYC. YNWA has nothing to do with Liverpool or Glasgow. Most have songs out of love and dedication, you can take any cheesy song and make it a bit cooler. As a Celtic fan I love hearing Depeche Mode's Just Can't Get Enough after a goal. I guess as well as a Celtic fan I don' want to see YNWA or turning around for a stadium huddle. I know from Serie A games I've seen, after a goal the announcer says the players first name and the fans yell the last name, 3 times. I'm sure other clubs have picked that up here but I havent noticed.

Taking a break from the difficult task of finding an anthem that will please everyone, here are some minor chants/songs I thought we could adopt:

New York is Blue
New York is Bluuuuuue
F@&% off back to Jersey
This City is Blue

Jason Kreis' Blue & White(?) Army

I heard a song during Chicago v RBNY the other week, I cannot seem to find it and it is not listed among their chants, but basically they have a trumpet or something that plays in between chanting Chicago Fire so (trumpet) CHI (trumpet) CA (trumpet) GO (trumpet) FIRE! Anyways, if anybody knows what I am talking about you can post a clip of it, but they went on for 15 minutes or so, it was really cool.

Anyhow, for us it would be NEW - YORK - CITY - HURRAH (or something of that nature)

I know these are not "original" but we have to sing for 90 minutes, some if it has got to be recycled, and hopefully we can make them our own.

Loving all the ideas guys. Being a year out from next season if everyone's thinking like this now and brainstorming we will be golden by the start of 2015.
Here's to you NYCFC New York loves you more than you will knoooow whooooaaa
Repeated
And
We are city we are city New York City till we die!
Repeated

I know these are recycled but as mentioned 90 minutes of originality is hard to come by with any club

Reactions: einwindir
Loving all the ideas guys. Being a year out from next season if everyone's thinking like this now and brainstorming we will be golden by the start of 2015.
Here's to you NYCFC New York loves you more than you will knoooow whooooaaa
Repeated
And
We are city we are city New York City till we die!
Repeated

I know these are recycled but as mentioned 90 minutes of originality is hard to come by with any club
Also, I would rather recycle from other leagues (i.e. EPL) than MLS. Not because I am a Eurosnob or a poseur or whatever people get called for suggesting taking influence from Europe, but because every single MLS team sings We Love Ya and Whoa Whoa Whoaoaoaoao (Team Name).

At some point we should make an organized list or maybe even a Youtube channel with our unofficial songs.

Reactions: Vito
LOVE THESE IDEAS!!! yes we have to have some original songs but EVERY club takes a bunch from here or there and just changes the words up a little. love the enthusiasm on these threads. we will be the loudest, most organized supporters east of portland and seattle lol

but how does everyone feel about the "come on city" chant i know its very mcdc but it can still be used...im pretty sure orlando city actually use it now in the 3rd div.

but how does everyone feel about the "come on city" chant i know its very mcdc but it can still be used...im pretty sure orlando city actually use it now in the 3rd div.

It's generally also worth pointing out that "Come on City" is not typically used in an encouraging way, but is used when the crowd is getting frustrated and want the team to pick up their performance - just in case you were planning on using it as a standard terrace chant for all eventualities.

But yeah, I'm generally with those who suggest that every song NYCFC uses should have its lyrics changed in one way or another. Copying any song from another club - whether City or not, whether MLS or European - leaves you open to accusations of unoriginality.

Reactions: Kinkladze
Taking a break from the difficult task of finding an anthem that will please everyone, here are some minor chants/songs I thought we could adopt:

New York is Blue
New York is Bluuuuuue
F@&% off back to Jersey
This City is Blue

Jason Kreis' Blue & White(?) Army

I heard a song during Chicago v RBNY the other week, I cannot seem to find it and it is not listed among their chants, but basically they have a trumpet or something that plays in between chanting Chicago Fire so (trumpet) CHI (trumpet) CA (trumpet) GO (trumpet) FIRE! Anyways, if anybody knows what I am talking about you can post a clip of it, but they went on for 15 minutes or so, it was really cool.

Anyhow, for us it would be NEW - YORK - CITY - HURRAH (or something of that nature)

I know these are not "original" but we have to sing for 90 minutes, some if it has got to be recycled, and hopefully we can make them our own.
I remember the Chicago chant. Goddamn the way they pronounced it was irritating though. It was like CHEE--KAH---GooooooOOOOOO. The o's started low and got louder towards the end. It was original, I'll give you that. I probably hated it more because I was getting frustrated by RB's piss poor performance.

It's generally also worth pointing out that "Come on City" is not typically used in an encouraging way, but is used when the crowd is getting frustrated and want the team to pick up their performance - just in case you were planning on using it as a standard terrace chant for all eventualities.

But yeah, I'm generally with those who suggest that every song NYCFC uses should have its lyrics changed in one way or another. Copying any song from another club - whether City or not, whether MLS or European - leaves you open to accusations of unoriginality.
I don't mind "borrowing" small chants or songs to boost morale. As long as our fight song is unique to NYCFC.

I'm sorry for using the term fight song...I can't stand that term, but it's fitting for the point I'm trying to make.

Love this. Was trying to make lyrics to that chant (my favorite Tottenham chant btw) but couldn't think of any that fit. Good job.
Alright. Who's keeping a list of this stuff? I've got one on my phone...but that's far from official.

We are City
We are City
Piss on you
Piss on you
You have no cajones
You have no cajones
Ours are huge
Ours are huge

Thought this was funny. Used to do it in high school