In Which League Will Nycfc Play, And Against Who?

You can guarantee that team 24 is either Indianapolis or Minneapolis with Chivas' license being bought by the Sacramento group and then moving them that way.
Chivas isn't leaving LA.

I can't believe there's still people that think it will. It's not happening.

Chivas isn't leaving LA.

I can't believe there's still people that think it will. It's not happening.
That is because Chivas which is operated by the league is folding. Unless Arsenal buys them and move to elsewhere in L.A..

That is because Chivas which is operated by the league is folding. Unless Arsenal buys them and move to elsewhere in L.A..

But they're not folding. The ownership is just back to the league and there's potential buyers already lined-up. The league is requiring that any buyer must keep the team in LA, too. I don't know what buyer would be dumb enough to want to move the team out of LA, frankly. It's the second biggest market in America.

In regards to the OP.. There have been suggestions by fans that we should move to three conferences soon enough, as the number of teams have increased.

But they're not folding. The ownership is just back to the league and there's potential buyers already lined-up. The league is requiring that any buyer must keep the team in LA, too. I don't know what buyer would be dumb enough to want to move the team out of LA, frankly. It's the second biggest market in America.

The league realizes that there are too many untapped markets that want an MLS team, and that there really isn't a need for a 2nd team in LA that follows the stigma that Chivas will leave behind. The reason for 2 teams in New York is simply that the market was not tapped appropriately by Red Bull, and missed by a long shot in attracting fans. LA, for the most part, has been tapped by Beckham's past arrival and helped drive numbers up. It would be ludicrous to not tap other massive potential markets by keeping a second team in LA. Alienating the entire center of the country, for instance, the soccer havens of Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, St. Louis, by unnecessarily keeping a team in LA who has no traction is ridiculous. Moving the team within California's limits to another city, while opening a team in the Midwest is ultimately what will be decided. That's from a very high up source close to the discussions.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better scenario for re-location. Team with very little support in a market that already has one successful team and is owned by the league. I'm not sure buyers are "lining up" though I did see a rumor of an impeding sale on The Goat Parade a few weeks back (but then again, with all these people making ownership groups to bid for the Clippers, maybe MLS can get the loser to buy Chivas).

The league realizes that there are too many untapped markets that want an MLS team, and that there really isn't a need for a 2nd team in LA that follows the stigma that Chivas will leave behind. The reason for 2 teams in New York is simply that the market was not tapped appropriately by Red Bull, and missed by a long shot in attracting fans. LA, for the most part, has been tapped by Beckham's past arrival and helped drive numbers up. It would be ludicrous to not tap other massive potential markets by keeping a second team in LA. Alienating the entire center of the country, for instance, the soccer havens of Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, St. Louis, by unnecessarily keeping a team in LA who has no traction is ridiculous. Moving the team within California's limits to another city, while opening a team in the Midwest is ultimately what will be decided. That's from a very high up source close to the discussions.

Why would any team right now move to Detroit? the city seems to be economic shambles with no real cause for optimism that I can see. Makes it hard to pick Detroit over almost any other city right now in my mind.

Why would any team right now move to Detroit? the city seems to be economic shambles with no real cause for optimism that I can see. Makes it hard to pick Detroit over almost any other city right now in my mind.
No one is moving to Detroit, just saying that they have a crazy good fan base, not to mention, it would take probably an hour to get an approval to build a stadium to revitalize the area. Financially it would be really, really worthwhile. But, realistically it will be Minneapolis or Indianapolis, both are crazy for a team.

Reactions: einwindir
Z zl10
>it would take probably an hour to get an approval to build a stadium to revitalize the area

This is as hilarious as it is sad.

MLS needs a 24th team ASAP. An unbalanced schedule is dumb when you have a schedule that isn't 162 games.

Once they have 24 teams, they can have four divisions of six, play your own division three times, everyone else once. Still a 34 game schedule and the divisions will actually mean something.

Right now, you have conference teams playing other conference teams more than others and it's not fair.

@Section1Guy That's 33 haha.

This is very good, but like any league, would be some issues. For a team like NYC, it's easy. Smaller markets could be a problem.