Introducing The Sbnation Site For Nycfc: Hudson River Blue

PandaRaf

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
The Five Boroughs
Hi! I wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself. I'm Raf, and I'm the guy running the new SBNation site for NYCFC. I've been lurking here for a bit, and I've met some of you offline.

It's my honor to introduce...Hudson River Blue. You can find our temporary site here: hudsonriverblue.tumblr.com. We expect the actual SBNation location to roll out fairly soon; the temp site is there so we can get things going.

If you're interested in writing for us, check out what we're looking for here: hudsonriverblue.tumblr.com/write (hint: it's everything!). You can drop us a line at hudsonriverblue-at-gmail-dot-com. We're also on Facebook at Hudson River Blue, and Twitter at @hudsonriverblue.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Great job Raf! SBnation MLS sites are outstanding and I'm sure yours will be top class.

Can't wait to read your juicy insider news in the future.

BTW Raf's little brother site, Orlando's sbnation site has been running a "know our foes" series probably pretty useful for NYCFC fans too.

If you want a link let me know, don't want to steal Raf's thunder. ;)

Great job Raf! SBnation MLS sites are outstanding and I'm sure yours will be top class.

BTW Raf's little brother site, Orlando's sbnation site has been running a "know our foes" series probably pretty useful for NYCFC fans too.

No, that's actually a good segue, because I'm working on that article right now!

One of the questions they're asking, and it's a good one, is: "What nicknames, chants and slang have developed for your NYCFC so far (if any)?"

I could answer it, but I feel more comfortable asking all of you, if you want to chime in.

I'd like that link.

No, that's actually a good segue, because I'm working on that article right now!

One of the questions they're asking, and it's a good one, is: "What nicknames, chants and slang have developed for your NYCFC so far (if any)?"

I could answer it, but I feel more comfortable asking all of you, if you want to chime in.
The red bulls are red shits. Orlando is the mickey mouse club. Visit my "NY Slang" post to learn slang from ny

Below is a list of links to the Orlando Know Our New Foes series. Take them with a grain of salt, I disagree with some of their conclusions. But it gives a broad view of these other teams and would be helpful to newer MLS fans for NYCFC. It looks like Portland, SJ and Chivas(RIP) don't have ones (yet):
Know our new foes series
Chicago Fire
*Chivas USA
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
D.C. United
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
LA Galaxy
Montreal Impact
New England Revolution
New York Red Bulls
Philadelphia Union
*Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
*San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders FC
Sporting Kansas City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Thanks, that's pretty good stuff. I skimmed through all of them. Basically just to look at the potential players for the expansion draft. This is going to be incredibly interesting month and a half.

Raf thanks again, I'm looking forward to stalking the shit out of the site.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Thanks, that's pretty good stuff. I skimmed through all of them. Basically just to look at the potential players for the expansion draft. This is going to be incredibly interesting month and a half.

Raf thanks again, I'm looking forward to stalking the shit out of the site.

Thanks, Say. I'm looking forward to covering the club, especially since it's so rare to be able to cover a club right from the start.

Below is a list of links to the Orlando Know Our New Foes series. Take them with a grain of salt, I disagree with some of their conclusions. But it gives a broad view of these other teams and would be helpful to newer MLS fans for NYCFC. It looks like Portland, SJ and Chivas(RIP) don't have ones (yet):
Know our new foes series
Chicago Fire
*Chivas USA
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
D.C. United
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
LA Galaxy
Montreal Impact
New England Revolution
New York Red Bulls
Philadelphia Union
*Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
*San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders FC
Sporting Kansas City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Chris White: There are no things to know about the Rapids. They are an enigma, managing to be at a perfect balance of mediocrity since the league founded. If you told me that the Rapids had a perfect .500 record all time, I’d totally believe you. So that’s one thing, that the Rapids are probably the most boring team in MLS history. Not in terms of the soccer they play, but in terms of their stature in the league’s history. They’re never good, they’re never bad. If paint could play soccer when it was drying, it’d probably look like the Rapids.

This was pretty funny. Glad to see they have a sense of humor about themselves.

My first post here big fan of SB nation and can't wait for the team to launch. As kinda a joke on the team in NJ and the fact that NYCFC uses a lot of train imagery I call them the locals.

Looking forward to the full site launch. Definitely would be interested in getting involved, either writing or doing some vid editing work (or both!).

I'd love to contribute, but one thing holding me back is my knowledge of the game, or, rather, the information I'm still missing. I only started following soccer regularly in the last two years (I grew up playing baseball, basketball, and football), but I now like soccer and baseball more than the others. As I read posts on this site, I know there are older fans who know a lot more about tactics and who performed better in a match than I do, but I'm willing to learn as I follow the game further.
I started following Southampton and the Premier League, but around a year ago I started watching MLS, yet had no allegiance to a team. Shortly after I decided to follow NYCFC, as I love the idea of supporting the team from the beginning, despite being from Iowa.
I'm a senior in college with two writing emphasis majors and I also write fiction in my spare time, so if you guys are willing to bare with me as I learn more about the game in general, I' d be more than willing to write in some capacity for the site. I could also help anyone with editing, as doing that is second nature for me at this point.

I'd love to contribute, but one thing holding me back is my knowledge of the game, or, rather, the information I'm still missing. I only started following soccer regularly in the last two years (I grew up playing baseball, basketball, and football), but I now like soccer and baseball more than the others. As I read posts on this site, I know there are older fans who know a lot more about tactics and who performed better in a match than I do, but I'm willing to learn as I follow the game further.
I started following Southampton and the Premier League, but around a year ago I started watching MLS, yet had no allegiance to a team. Shortly after I decided to follow NYCFC, as I love the idea of supporting the team from the beginning, despite being from Iowa.
I'm a senior in college with two writing emphasis majors and I also write fiction in my spare time, so if you guys are willing to bare with me as I learn more about the game in general, I' d be more than willing to write in some capacity for the site. I could also help anyone with editing, as doing that is second nature for me at this point.

Drop us a line; let's talk. Don't let the fact that you're still learning about the sport stop you. I started following soccer 24 years ago, and I'm still learning stuff.