Manuel Pellegrini: I Need Lampard For The Rest Of The Season [my Content]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a really poor business decision leaving Lampard with MCFC.

For that reason, I don't think he stays the whole season. February maybe, but I can't see the ownership group allowing him to miss the first MLS game. PR disaster for a club they've made significant outlays for.
What evidence have you seen of that? Not being a smart ass. I sincerely want to know. I am not sure they quite understand us.

(Mean stuff about people we're not supposed to be mean about deleted by author)

On that note, how long until MLS launches a "really, we mean it this time, genuine NY soccer club". Fuck me, I hope I'm alive for it.

Last edited:
What evidence have you seen of that? Not being a smart ass. I sincerely want to know. I am not sure they quite understand us.

Fucking CFG owns the supporter club, created their materials, tells them when and where and how they can conduct business, and people are surprised about then being asked to bend over and spread wide once more?

Fuck a CFG. Right in the fucking face.

Who would have ever thought we'd be begging for Bob Kraft or one of the Hunts to buy us before we ever play a game. At least they would not prick tease us.

On that note, how long until MLS launches a "really, we mean it this time, genuine NY soccer club". Fuck me, I hope I'm alive for it.

Evidence? I have none. I have the same information you do. But they have a direct financial interest in NYCFC and it's clearly a long-term plan for them. It would be incredibly short sighted & likely to cause long-term harm to their brand new investment were they to keep Lampard for the whole year.

Pelligrini can posture as much as he likes. Hell, I expect him to say what he's saying. But it's not his call, he's lobbying. That's all.

As many others have said, Lampard is a luxury for City. He's essential for NYC.

Evidence? I have none. I have the same information you do. But they have a direct financial interest in NYCFC and it's clearly a long-term plan for them. It would be incredibly short sighted & likely to cause long-term harm to their brand new investment were they to keep Lampard for the whole year.

Pelligrini can posture as much as he likes. Hell, I expect him to say what he's saying. But it's not his call, he's lobbying. That's all.

As many others have said, Lampard is a luxury for City. He's essential for NYC.
The problem is they are doing the damage now, whether he shows up on time or not. MLS's most successful teams have shown its not the curious folk who sustain a club. It's the fervent, passionate ones. Most all of us feel well shit-on already because we defended this club against accusations of behaving in this manner. Now, they go and give the appearance of doing it. Whether they do or not get the english muffin here or go buy a better, younger, thinner version of fat frank in his stead, it's insulting and demonstrates what they truly think of supporters.

They may turn out some good pr copy, but their actions say something else.

Regardless of what happens, these shenanigans have tarnished NYCFC's fragile image.
So much more succinct than how I said it, but yes, that's my point. No matter what happens, they've hurt the view people like you and I had of them, and they've affirmed the naysayers who predicted this sort of behavior from them.

Reactions: deedsy and Kjbert
It will be a while before we have a clear image for the team. Nothing short of a density might do it

Reactions: Kjbert
Regardless of what happens, these shenanigans have tarnished NYCFC's fragile image.
They haven't. You're just feeding into the rumors. EVERY team goes through it on a daily basis. We finally have our team and are going through it now. Hell when we finally take the pitch next year and then have to endure a transfer window you'll feel like you have a football up your ass if you're taking this so hard.
WAIT and see bro. Don't sweat it.

Reactions: Kjbert and MrE
They haven't. You're just feeding into the rumors. EVERY team goes through it on a daily basis. We finally have our team and are going through it now. Hell when we finally take the pitch next year and then have to endure a transfer window you'll feel like you have a football up your ass if you're taking this so hard.
WAIT and see bro. Don't sweat it.
Seems to me it's the manager of our sister club who is feeding the rumors. If someone at CFG would tell Pellegrini to shut his pie hole, or, if someone from NYCFC would actually say something publicly on NYCFC's behalf to counter Pellegrini, and reassure their own damn fans, a lot of this agita goes away.

Aren't they the same people?
I didnt go that far.
. NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan You dont think Kreis and Reyna saying the decision on a player signed by us was at the hands of manchester, the club we loaned him to a fucking joke? Especially for a club like ouRS THATS SEEN AS A PUPPET FOR MANCHESTER. SO HOW IS PLAYING INTO THAT PERCEPTION NOT DAMAGING TO THIS CLUBS IMAGE?

I didnt go that far.
. NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan You dont think Kreis and Reyna saying the decision on a player signed by us was at the hands of manchester, the club we loaned him to a fucking joke? Especially for a club like ouRS THATS SEEN AS A PUPPET FOR MANCHESTER. SO HOW IS PLAYING INTO THAT PERCEPTION NOT DAMAGING TO THIS CLUBS IMAGE?
I know they aren't they aren't the same people, too (wink, wink).

Seriously though, they did kind of pick the handful of guys they knew and ordain them THE SUPPORTER CLUB.

To be honest the guys behind the TR have been following the club since day 1 and frankly I'm getting a little tired of this site being used to shit on them and giving us a reputation of one that we don't support TR and so on. If you have a beef take it up with them. Please don't make it my problem.

There are some wild TR accusations flying around here. Regardless of what you think of what they've accomplished so far they are certainly not puppets of the club, hired or appointed by the front office.

Regardless, any season ticket holders unhappy with a possible Lampard extension should tell their rep. In another thread I mentioned that I did and they called me right away so they are listening. This would be some shit storm if he wasn't there for opening day.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10 and Paul
Regardless, any season ticket holders unhappy with a possible Lampard extension should tell their rep. In another thread I mentioned that I did and they called me right away so they are listening. This would be some shit storm if he wasn't there for opening day.

I agree, if you are upset with the possibility of Lampard's loan being extended (and why the hell wouldn't you be) then you need to take action now. This "wait and see how it plays out" suggestion (which is also TR's position) is bullshit. At that point it's too late and the club most of us love & have already defended will be fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.