Jack Harrison to Manchester City - Official

See I've been kicking around a theory on this one. Is it possible that soccer transfer rumors—bear with me here—could be hastily reported based on conversations with highly interested anonymous parties who know they won't be held accountable for misinformation, and thus bear a tenuous relationship with the truth?
Ha. You're right. We should hold them accountable by ignoring rumor-peddling outlets and only clicking through to and discussing news released from official channels.

Who's with me?

giphy.gif

Reactions: FootyLovin
We agree there.

Do you believe, as I do, that Roberts is a better player than Harrison?
Not sure. He's playing with a team that is so much better than the league, he's bound to look better. But that said, Roberts probably is better right now, but Jack could make that ground up easily and quickly.

Bottom line is, Roberts is in a position to succeed. Jack should hope his landing spot is half as soft.

Happy for Jack, sad for us.

So the question is: Did the signings we made this offseason already account for losing him, or are we now looking at a boatload of salary cap money and a search for another winger?
Because Man City is buying him, I would hope they aren't crippling their sister club just so they can make a profit off him later. It seems like if that was the case, why not wait until the summer or next year? So they probably planned to sell him this window.

Or after the Stoke interest, Jack really started pushing for a move.

Just makes me nervous that we are dealing with unknowns, other then Lewis. No idea how the new signings are actually going to do. We struggled with secondary scoring last year, and we are about to lose are 2nd best scorer

Happy for Jack, sad for us.

So the question is: Did the signings we made this offseason already account for losing him, or are we now looking at a boatload of salary cap money and a search for another winger?

We signed two left footed wingers (Medina and Tajouri) when we already had two on the team (Lewis and Harrison). I think the writing was on the wall at that point.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
So the FO took $250K of GAM (that's correct isn't it?) and a draft pick and 2 years later it became $750K of GAM and +/- $2.25M to be used to offset the cost to the Club of our next DP we got Jack Harrison's stellar play and personality for the 2 years in between.

Not too shabby.

So the FO took $250K of GAM (that's correct isn't it?) and a draft pick and 2 years later it became $750K of GAM and +/- $2.25M to be used to offset the cost to the Club of our next DP we got Jack Harrison's stellar play and personality for the 2 years in between.

Not too shabby.

Plus his salary for those two years didn't hit our books.

Oh, and Mumsi. Never forget Mumsi.

giphy.gif