Kreis " We Can't Use Tam Because Our Dp's Make Too Much $..."

Arguing these rules is pointless. We know the rules and so does CFG. We need a good coach, good scouts, smart buys and time.

This is not going to happen over night people. Yes we want to win but leaving the legacy of a New York City team for future generations is invaluable. Most of America's topic athletic talent focus on other sports that have been in play for many years. That takes time to change or alter.

Are these growing pains difficult and frustrating? Absolutely!! But let's appreciate where we are today and now here in NYC we finally have out own team.

Top priority for CFG are a stadium, community engagement, scouts and coaching.

Arguing these rules is pointless. We know the rules and so does CFG. We need a good coach, good scouts, smart buys and time.

This is not going to happen over night people. Yes we want to win but leaving the legacy of a New York City team for future generations is invaluable. Most of America's topic athletic talent focus on other sports that have been in play for many years. That takes time to change or alter.

Are these growing pains difficult and frustrating? Absolutely!! But let's appreciate where we are today and now here in NYC we finally have out own team.

Top priority for CFG are a stadium, community engagement, scouts and coaching.
I think the academy will make a huge difference, speaking of things taking time. Are any other teams doing this? It's possible others are but I've not heard anything about it. I can just imagine a back line of today's 12 year olds all coming on the pitch at our new stadium in 6 or 8 years. It'll be glorious!

I think the academy will make a huge difference, speaking of things taking time. Are any other teams doing this? It's possible others are but I've not heard anything about it. I can just imagine a back line of today's 12 year olds all coming on the pitch at our new stadium in 6 or 8 years. It'll be glorious!

Sometimes it feels like our current back line would be better off if made up of today's 12 years olds.

Using Everton as an example, Bryan Ovideo is a decent LB/LM. He hasn't been healthy in about 2 years and no one knows what his position is. Nice guy too.

I believe his wages are in the $2-$3 Million range.

Diskerud to double his salary just about anywhere else if he wanted.

That being said, I don't know if signing Diskerud as a DP would ever make sense.

Using Everton as an example, Bryan Ovideo is a decent LB/LM. He hasn't been healthy in about 2 years and no one knows what his position is. Nice guy too.

I believe his wages are in the $2-$3 Million range.

Diskerud to double his salary just about anywhere else if he wanted.

That being said, I don't know if signing Diskerud as a DP would ever make sense.
Next year, NYCFC either trades for more TAM or Mix will have to be a DP. And his current $750k, it will take 300k of TAM to bring him down, and for some reason I'm guessing he will want more next year.

Next year, NYCFC either trades for more TAM or Mix will have to be a DP. And his current $750k, it will take 300k of TAM to bring him down, and for some reason I'm guessing he will want more next year.
Everyone keeps bringing up Mix and his salary being used for TAM there is zero chance they didn't account for his salary before TAM was introduced. His salary is probably heavily front loaded to account for the extra allocation money we have as an expansion team. He signed as a non-DP and they said they wanted to sign another DP long before TAM was introduced. They wouldn't do it and then be stuck with 4 DP's and needing to trade one of the DP's or needing to get rid of other valuable assets to get enough allocation money to buy down his salary. TAM money will not be used on Mix.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Everyone keeps bringing up Mix and his salary being used for TAM there is zero chance they didn't account for his salary before TAM was introduced. His salary is probably heavily front loaded to account for the extra allocation money we have as an expansion team. He signed as a non-DP and they said they wanted to sign another DP long before TAM was introduced. They wouldn't do it and then be stuck with 4 DP's and needing to trade one of the DP's or needing to get rid of other valuable assets to get enough allocation money to buy down his salary. TAM money will not be used on Mix.
Mix makes $750k, so they probably used 500k of expansion allocation money to pay it down to around $250k for cap purposes. They won't have nearly as much allocation next year, so mostly likely they will need to find $500k next year in TAMs. They'll be lucky to have 500k regular allocation total next year. No way they try to use that on only Mix. They would have no room for trades or transfers.

Mix makes $750k, so they probably used 500k of expansion allocation money to pay it down to around $250k for cap purposes. They won't have nearly as much allocation next year, so mostly likely they will need to find $500k next year in TAMs. They'll be lucky to have 500k regular allocation total next year. No way they try to use that on only Mix. They would have no room for trades or transfers.
What I am saying is there is no way this hasn't already been accounted for. TAM didn't exist when they signed the contract and they wouldn't have $500k in allocation money next year when they only get $150k of allocation money a year. They wouldn't sign him to a non DP contract knowing they would have to come up with another $350k in allocation money for 2016. He has to have a front loaded contract then around $400-500k salary or less next year which they can buy down with regular allocation money.

What I am saying is there is no way this hasn't already been accounted for. TAM didn't exist when they signed the contract and they wouldn't have $500k in allocation money next year when they only get $150k of allocation money a year. They wouldn't sign him to a non DP contract knowing they would have to come up with another $350k in allocation money for 2016. He has to have a front loaded contract then around $400-500k salary or less next year which they can buy down with regular allocation money.
Sorry that's too many assumptions for me. When has any MLS player had a front loaded contract? If Mix makes $750k this year, if anything he'll want $1 million next year, not the other way around. For all we know NYCFC FO thought there would be a 4th DP like many on this forum, and figured it would resolve itself next year.

We'll see, but I'm betting on NYCFC in the buying market for TAM next year or they'll be trading/selling Mix next year.

PS think about Omar Gonzalez at LA, sure TAM works on a half season. Next year they won't have enough for him. Think Omar will take a massive pay cut to stay at LA?

Trading/selling Mix next year would be a disaster for the club's perception and on the field performance.

And honestly, Mix doesn't deserve a raise in the slightest. $750k is pretty good for him. It may not be entirely his fault, but he definitely hasn't taken the league by storm.

Reactions: LionNYC
Mix doesn't deserve a raise in the slightest. $750k is pretty good for him. It may not be entirely his fault, but he definitely hasn't taken the league by storm.
"Deserves" has little to do with it. If a team in some other league thinks he's worth that or more, maybe because he was held back by circumstances, he'll have options.

I think Mix really likes NYC and loves playing in America. He can do his off the field stuff here and be a big hit, where he probably couldn't launch a hat brand in a place like Norway. Mix will be here a while.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
"Deserves" has little to do with it. If a team in some other league thinks he's worth that or more, maybe because he was held back by circumstances, he'll have options.

I know, I meant I don't think any team would pay him more than $750k. If this was his best offer last year, why would he suddenly be worth more today?

I think Mix really likes NYC and loves playing in America. He can do his off the field stuff here and be a big hit, where he probably couldn't launch a hat brand in a place like Norway. Mix will be here a while.

Wherever Mix goes, Khiry will follow.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Sorry that's too many assumptions for me. When has any MLS player had a front loaded contract? If Mix makes $750k this year, if anything he'll want $1 million next year, not the other way around. For all we know NYCFC FO thought there would be a 4th DP like many on this forum, and figured it would resolve itself next year.

We'll see, but I'm betting on NYCFC in the buying market for TAM next year or they'll be trading/selling Mix next year.

PS think about Omar Gonzalez at LA, sure TAM works on a half season. Next year they won't have enough for him. Think Omar will take a massive pay cut to stay at LA?
You don't think our club leaders are smart enough to understand how to sign someone to a contract that doesn't blow up in year 2?

Tell us, yet again, how smart are you relative to the rest of us? Because that shit is like day 1 management. And our final decisions aren't made by Jason Kreis.

I'm confused. Don't we have Mix under contract for like 2-3 years or something? Can he really just not train or play because he may want more money in a couple of months?

You don't think our club leaders are smart enough to understand how to sign someone to a contract that doesn't blow up in year 2?

Tell us, yet again, how smart are you relative to the rest of us? Because that shit is like day 1 management. And our final decisions aren't made by Jason Kreis.
You are a real dick most of the time, geezus. First off, switch to decaf. I have no higher knowledge or claim to have such. That's all your assumption. I stated my opinion on Mix, others did as well. I stated that personally I doubt Mix has a contract where he makes less the 2nd year. And knowing that Mix is a shooting star, my GUESS if anything he will be looking for more than this year not less.

Look he makes $750k now. Normal allocation probably won't be enough next year. Only trading for more TAM allows us to bring him under DP and still allow us to make the necessary changes next year. Otherwise we using all regular allocation (if we even have $500k) on one player. That's a bad move.

And if we don't bring him under DP status, we have to get rid of a DP. Also not good.

Is that legit enough?

Watching you two guys argue is bringing me back to my parents fighting when I was a kid.

Is it my fault you are getting divorced?

Watching you two guys argue is bringing me back to my parents fighting when I was a kid.

Is it my fault you are getting divorced?
Probably. ;)

And I find it humorous that every transfer thread has turned into get rid of Kreis where a Kreis thread has turned into a Mix discussion. ADD much?