Kwame Watson-siriboe

Just swung a deal with RSL for defender Kwame Watson-Siriboe for our 4th round pick in the 2016 Super Draft.

So, should I be excited over this move?

There's nothing to really be excited about here. The difference between this guy and a 4th round pick is experience. You're trading youth for an MLS-ready player at a low salary. I don't see him starting at CB unless we're in USOC season.

It's typical for MLS teams to stockpile crappy American players on the roster at cut-rate prices. It's one of the reasons Conor Lade hasn't been cut from RBNY. He makes too little money to not be worth it.

I didn't see any mention in the news what KWS will be doing for the rest of the season to stay fit. Is he going to be loaned out for the rest of the year so he can keep up his fitness . . . or is he getting over an injury?

He is just now finishing a recovery from surgery. Not sure if he is loan-ready.

NYCFC announces he'll go on loan to the Carolina Rail Hawks for the remainder of the NASL season.

NYCFC announces he'll go on loan to the Carolina Rail Hawks for the remainder of the NASL season.
If you remember, Kreis was at the Railhawks last US Open Cup match scouting. Its also near where he went to school (Duke). Finally, its where his last Dallas coach is the coach of Carolina (Colin Clarke).

Good place for Kwame.

Reactions: ysmr522