Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

If he plays I hope he comes off the bench early in the second half similar to Pirlo. He's coming off a calf injury that despite Frank's own claims to be minor turned out to be a big enough deal to need 3 weeks recovery (thanks for the honesty as usual Frank). Any player coming off an injury like that would be worked back slowly. The only reason to start him is to get the PR nightmare over with sooner. We have waited this long, why risk re-injury by starting him.

I'm not sure I really care anymore about Frank. If he comes on and contributes, great. If not, we can all tell ourselves we told you so.

I could care less as well. My wish is that he doesn't play this season resulting in such a bad PR situation he and the team mutually decide to part ways this summer clearing way for us to sign a younger DP that fits better with our current players.

For the way we play, Frank is the perfect finisher for this team. Look at the goals scored last week by Calle, Diskerud and McNamara. Those are goals that Frank has scored in his career. It's that secondary run, he finds a spot of grass, the ball finds him and he slots in home.

I think he is a perfect compliment. I don't know where he plays but with the attention Villa has been receiving, he's a great compliment. With the way Poku is finding runners, I hope they both fit on the field.

Will really change the complexion of the team. They've been desperate for Lampard since the start, Villa specifically. Nobody has been able to consistently be effective just behind the forwards. Villa is going to be in heaven with Pirlo and Lamps setting the table.

With Lampard and Pirlo joining, and Poku and McNamara proving they are MLS quality midfielders, Grabavoy shouldn't see the field the rest of the season. Ballouchy needs to be above him on the depth chart.

With Lampard and Pirlo joining, and Poku and McNamara proving they are MLS quality midfielders, Grabavoy shouldn't see the field the rest of the season. Ballouchy needs to be above him on the depth chart.
So should Calle.
And Jacobson.
And Alvarez, Velasquez, Connor Brandt, Joey Barton, Carmelo Anthony, Daffy Duck, Bob Hope, Scarlett Johansson and Zayn from One Direction.

Last edited:
He shouldn't even see the bench. I don't see any reason for him to be available as a sub.

Reactions: Kjbert

In his current form I agree that he shouldn't see the field. It's been a long time and a lot of bad games but thinking back to the start of the season he played considerably better in the first few games. I think he is hurt or just worn down. I don't want to see him start again but if he regains his form I don't see much difference between Grabavoy, Balloucy and McNamara.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
i disagree since Lampard has actually been training with the team for a week or 2 now, so i could actually see him getting the start
Its going to be hot. The game kicks off at 2 PM, the hottest time of day usually.

Lampard, while doing fitness exercise on his own, hasn't played a game in months. The first 45 minutes at 2 PM for a 37 year old who hasn't played a game in months, against midseason-form opponents, is a lot to ask for a guy coming off of an injury, too.

No, I'd much rather he come off the bench in the ~60th minute.

In his current form I agree that he shouldn't see the field. It's been a long time and a lot of bad games but thinking back to the start of the season he played considerably better in the first few games. I think he is hurt or just worn down. I don't want to see him start again but if he regains his form I don't see much difference between Grabavoy, Balloucy and McNamara.
Grabavoy: 17 apps, 1371 minutes, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 red card.
McNamara: 11 apps, 728 minutes, 3 goals, 2 assists, 0 cards.