Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

I hope he does, kun. He better make plays that seal wins and push into the playoffs. He will never be one of us as far as I'm concerned but he can certainly offer a sincere apology by helping to make the playoffs a reality.

He'll never be one of us
He'll never be one of us
He's Fat Frank Lampard
He'll never be one of us

Reactions: mgarbowski
We can worry about what directions the team, Frank Lampard, and hell, even a Man City want to take at the next transfer window. If either of us want to move on at that point, fine.

In the meantime, our team is battling for the playoffs, and just missing out on them won't do any good for anybody. If Lampard is ready to go, and if Kreis is right that he wants to get out there... We could certainly use him.

To borrow from SayWhat44, we'll drink some Lamponade if we can get some. God knows it's friggin' hot out there, both on the streets and in the playoff race.

Grabavoy: 17 apps, 1371 minutes, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 red card.
McNamara: 11 apps, 728 minutes, 3 goals, 2 assists, 0 cards.

McNamara 0.6 Key passes, 27 passes per game, 75.1 pass %, 0.7 interceptions
Grabavoy 1.1 Key passes, 38.2 passes per game 86.3 pass %, 1.5 interceptions

Just quoting goals and assists misses a lot of the little things Grabavoy does. My point isn't that Grabavoy is amazing and McNamara is bad. Both are pretty average to slightly below average MLS players. I wont even get into Balloucy but it's too bad their isn't a stat for goals allowed due to horrible defensive positioning. Between the two I'd obviously like to see McNamara get more time for development purposes since he's younger and a bigger part of the future. All that being said at the end of a game if we are up by one goal, need to be smart with the ball, play a possession style and run out the clock between the two I'd go with Grabavoy.

Just quoting goals and assists misses a lot of the little things Grabavoy does. My point isn't that Grabavoy is amazing and McNamara is bad. Both are pretty average to slightly below average MLS players. I wont even get into Balloucy but it's too bad their isn't a stat for goals allowed due to horrible defensive positioning. Between the two I'd obviously like to see McNamara get more time for development purposes since he's younger and a bigger part of the future. All that being said at the end of a game if we are up by one goal, need to be smart with the ball, play a possession style and run out the clock between the two I'd go with Grabavoy.
You want the guy who gets blown off the ball by a stiff breeze to help run out the clock?

Reactions: BxLio91
I'd rather see us win that Lampard play. The two aren't dependent events, but still 3 points is better than seeing a 37 year old play.

Reactions: gbservis

I agree with you that just quoting goals and assists doesn't always provide a complete assessment of a player's value. To that point, here are some of the little things that McNamara has done to help us win games. Philadelphia away - scores a stunning goal to get us back into the game and also has 10 defensive clearances to see the game out. Toronto away - assists on Villa's second goal and then heads a Toronto shot off of the goal line with 10 minutes to play to preserve the clean sheet and the win. Orlando home - Goal, assist and also heads the rebound of Kaka's free kick out of the 18 yard box to prevent a follow up shot by Orlando and start the counter attack for NYC's 5th goal. Yeah, TMac isn't fast or super athletic, but he's a very responsible defensive player and has one of the higher soccer IQs on the squad. If he loses his starting spot to Pirlo, Lampard and Mix so be it, I get that. But putting him on the bench in favor of Grabavoy is indefensible in my opinion.