Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

Haha, he just rubbed her the wrong way (not literally). Seemed like he just wasn't interested in being there. This was after the first game so I didn't put two and two together that his attitude mimicked his play on the field.

I was there too. Ned stayed for less than 5 minutes. Although to be fair, people weren't exactly begging for his autograph or for a photo.

Reactions: Kjbert
I was there too. Ned stayed for less than 5 minutes. Although to be fair, people weren't exactly begging for his autograph or for a photo.
In Ned's defense I met him at a meet and greet early on in the season and he couldn't have been nicer.

Reactions: MagnusPax
I'm always amused by the talk of this player being one of us and that player not. Who are we? And who decides who gets into this club?

Need I quote Graucho?

Lampard and CFG made a stupid move. Then Lampard suffered an ill timed injury. Then the conspiracy crazies went, well, crazy. Now he ain't one of us.

Well, I didn't think he was coming over for brunch before and I don't think he is now.

But what I care about is what effort he puts in on the pitch and how does he affect his team. I for one can't wait to cheer him.

And I suspect about 25,000 others will agree with me on Saturday, especially if he nets us a goal.

Need I quote Graucho?
Actually, now that you mention it some threads could use a good Groucho quote now and again. So perhaps instead of rolling our eyes and ignoring the occasions when the comments start to get, well, a bit overboard, perhaps we should choose that moment to drop a Groucho quote in.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Actually, now that you mention it some threads could use a good Groucho quote now and again. So perhaps instead of rolling our eyes and ignoring the occasions when the comments start to get, well, a bit overboard, perhaps we should choose that moment to drop a Groucho quote in.
Well then, in honor of your request and this being a Lampard thread, I give you ...

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
- Graucho Marx

Reactions: sbrylski
I'm always amused by the talk of this player being one of us and that player not. Who are we? And who decides who gets into this club?

Need I quote Graucho?

Lampard and CFG made a stupid move. Then Lampard suffered an ill timed injury. Then the conspiracy crazies went, well, crazy. Now he ain't one of us.

Well, I didn't think he was coming over for brunch before and I don't think he is now.

But what I care about is what effort he puts in on the pitch and how does he affect his team. I for one can't wait to cheer him.

And I suspect about 25,000 others will agree with me on Saturday, especially if he nets us a goal.
After he's booed, of course. If you expect anything like the ovation Pirlo got, I would guess you'll be wrong.

I won't be cheering. He lost the benefit of the doubt a long time ago.

And I love how folks just presume he'll play. Really? REALLY? This is the man you want to count on? Goddamn.

Reactions: Mikeylito and Paul
The ire of you and your ilk fuels me. You really haven't figured at out yet? Shit, I thought the guys were just being unfair criticizing Mancs so much.
I have no ire. I'm not angry or upset. I'm winding you up as much as you wind me up. I'm just taking the piss.

(and FYI I'm not actually a Mancunian)