Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

"Conditioned" meaning he did the warm up and the yoga stretches- and that was it. He didn't participate in any of the actual ball work practices, and left just when the real work of the practice began. He also seemed to be slightly favoring one leg- very slight, but I still noticed it. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt he starts on Saturday, and frankly, I would be surprised if he plays at all. Also, it would have been nice if he could have walked over to the supporters at the practice and said something- anything, actually. Maybe "I can't wait to play for you guys" or "It's been frustrating, I just want to help the team" or "I'm looking forward to finally being able to contribute"- anything along those lines would have been great. Instead, he sauntered off without even looking over. No one can be this clueless about the optics of their behavior- at this point, I have to believe Frank just doesn't give a damn what we think of him.

One thing I'll never gamble on is a fan. Fans are people who said they hope Alex Rodriguez falls through an open manhole cover on his way to Yankee Stadium during the preseason who cheer him wildly every time he hits a home run now (and who will turn on him if his production falls off).

Lampard is no different. If he strings together a couple of goals, all will be forgiven and there's no sense pretending otherwise.

One thing I'll never gamble on is a fan. Fans are people who said they hope Alex Rodriguez falls through an open manhole cover on his way to Yankee Stadium during the preseason who cheer him wildly every time he hits a home run now (and who will turn on him if his production falls off).

Lampard is no different. If he strings together a couple of goals, all will be forgiven and there's no sense pretending otherwise.

works the same in politics. So and so is an asshole- but he's our asshole

Reactions: Kjbert

This is the truth. I see so many people who hated A Rod consistently cheer him on now.

The A-Rod comparison is apt. He was booed for an entire year in 2013 because he was terrible and he lied. Then he was suspended in 2014. This year starts and everyone is ready to boo him again but he starts hitting home runs. FF should take notes. He already served his own self-imposed suspension and he mastered the lying bit. Now he needs to skip the 2013 part where he performs like crap and start hitting home runs, or whatever it is he's supposed to do. I forgot.

The A-Rod comparison is apt. He was booed for an entire year in 2013 because he was terrible and he lied. Then he was suspended in 2014. This year starts and everyone is ready to boo him again but he starts hitting home runs. FF should take notes. He already served his own self-imposed suspension and he mastered the lying bit. Now he needs to skip the 2013 part where he performs like crap and start hitting home runs, or whatever it is he's supposed to do. I forgot.
As well as skipping pictures posing shirtless on a rock in Central Park.

Last edited:
Wait, I just realized how poorly I worded that post!

Frank did not say he's never playing. My friend said that to me. That was his takeaway from the way Frank trained on his own and left.

This has endless possibilities. Love it. Just wish I knew how to link a youtube video here.