Lampard Debut This Saturday (i Know...)

After he's booed, of course. If you expect anything like the ovation Pirlo got, I would guess you'll be wrong.

I won't be cheering. He lost the benefit of the doubt a long time ago.

And I love how folks just presume he'll play. Really? REALLY? This is the man you want to count on? Goddamn.
Agree, there's no chance he'll get a reception like Pirlo. He'll get some cheers and some boos.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I have no ire. I'm not angry or upset. I'm winding you up as much as you wind me up. I'm just taking the piss.

(and FYI I'm not actually a Mancunian)
Well damn. That explains why you post some sense occasionally.

Eta: said it before, but to be clear, I certainly don't have any ire towards MC supporters myself. At least not based on their support of MC. There have been posters I didn't care for based on how they allowed their support of MC to influence their posts here. But hey, that's life on a messageboard.

There are really only a handful of people whom I've ever thought were over the top. They were all banned, I guess. One I actually discouraged away, but not before he threatened to show me how tough he was IRL (not an mc fan I don't think, just a world backpacker). The re-runs are easy enough to spot and ignore.

Last edited:
That's a hell of a compliment coming from you ;)
Don't get too chummy, now. People will think I'm losing my edge.

And dear God, let me be clear, I know there are plenty of good posters who are Mancs. I give some variation of this warning like every 3 weeks: I thoroughly enjoy talking shit.

Any new info or are we still not in the clear about him playing Saturday? Has the club said anything concrete?

How does booing him help NYCFC? It can only hurt his performance, and thus the team's performance.

You don't have to cheer, just don't boo.
Dear god. You can't be serious that a grown ass man can't play because he gets booed? All I've heard is how amazing and class he is, and now you want to say that some booing by "football stupid americans" will impact his play?

Fuckkkkkkkk. Am I the only person left in the world who tries to reconcile his postulations in any way?

So he's such a delicate precious snowflake that some boos will make him perform poorly? What a prize we have.
Shit. I should've know you'd have handled this by now. My apologies. I was stopped cold by the ridiculous assertion, so I didn't make it to see your reply.

Reactions: mgarbowski