Lampard Out Against Toronto

Why? It's an All-Star game. Who really cares? They want eyeballs and ads. Eyeballs and ads lead to more $$$$. More $$$$ leads to better players and a better league.

They already have the EPL fans with Gerrard, really surprised they didn't go Pirlo over Lampard to grab some Italian fans.

WTF is Kreis doing??? Spouting off about how he'll be available prior to even talking to him about his thoughts on artificial turf??? Lampard's been a "member" of the organization for a full calender year and nobody has thought to ask him about playing on artificial turf, a surface often encountered in MLS, once in that entire time???

Holy shit.
A sane person would have assumed this discussion would have been had before the signing ever even took place.

Just a BTW we have this carpet like thing we play 15% of our games on. Will that be a problem? Or should we knock a million off your salary for anticipated absenteeism from the job?

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Reactions: Kjbert
Pirlo ain't got time for that bullshit. I'm against our DPs playing in that stupid game anyway. For the life of me, I can't understand why any of our fans would vote to put our 7 million guys in a meaningless game where they could injure themselves. We also have the oldest DPs in the league so it's an even bigger risk. Then again we have the smoke bombs issues.

Pirlo ain't got time for that bullshit. I'm against our DPs playing in that stupid game anyway. For the life of me, I can't understand why any of our fans would vote to put our 7 million guys in a meaningless game where they could injure themselves. We also have the oldest DPs in the league so it's an even bigger risk. Then again we have the smoke bombs issues.

Maybe that was the term that held up the Prilo signing. His last condition was to make sure he had a contractual agreement not to play in the stupid all-star game.

People who are Gerrard fans are not Lampard fans and vice versa. Globally, there is no such thing as an "EPL Fan"

You support Liverpool or Chelsea. Not the EPL.

People who are Gerrard fans are not Lampard fans and vice versa. Globally, there is no such thing as an "EPL Fan"

That's true - it's not uncommon though in the US to say that I'm a big college football fan. That's thrown around similarly.

But I agree that it'd be like saying that folks from all over the south will tune in to a celebrity softball game just because former Kentucky quarterback Jared Lorenzen is playing. That'd make no sense to a Florida Gator fan.

Reactions: Kjbert

I was an EPL fan for a number of years before I sort of accidentally became a Man City fan. I was just happy to have high-level soccer on my TV and would watch any match that was on. Nowadays I'm an NYCFC fan first, then a Man City fan after that. But I'll still watch any EPL match that happens to be on. Usually rooting for the little guys like Burnley, say, if I have no particular stake in a game.

Can't quite explain why I now want a Dave Fishwick minivan though. Probably unrelated.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

Yep you support the team your dad gives you not the league or anyone player .
An example raheem sterling was an arrogant little shit an hour ago when he played for the dippers, now city fans are wearing his shirt thinking he's better than Pele.
Just how it works over here

Probably not from you, and that's fine. But it may make a Tottenham supporter slightly more likely than the average friendly to tune in.
In all honesty we get so much football now its overkill,its nice when its closed season and we can have a break .I doubt many UK spurs fans will bother to watch a meaningless friendly if its on at stupid o clock.

Reactions: Tiger Jones
I was an EPL fan for a number of years before I sort of accidentally became a Man City fan. I was just happy to have high-level soccer on my TV and would watch any match that was on. Nowadays I'm an NYCFC fan first, then a Man City fan after that. But I'll still watch any EPL match that happens to be on. Usually rooting for the little guys like Burnley, say, if I have no particular stake in a game.

Can't quite explain why I now want a Dave Fishwick minivan though. Probably unrelated.

Not about us Americans. It's about the folks in England, Spain, Brazil, Asia and Africa who want to say Stevie G, Lampard, Villa or Kaka play.