Lampard Vs. Gerrard

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
With all of the "MLS as a Retirement League" crap we have had to endure, is there anything that disproves this more than how Frank is playing now vs. Stevie G?

Gerrard looks washed up. He's barely able to get up and down the field and is playing a glorified Sweeper role for LFC right now.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I don't think Gerrard has recovered from the slip and losing the EPL title. He did an interview with Rebbeca Lowe before the season and he still seemed in shock. Getting punted from the World Cup probably didn't help either.

For me the ranking always went

1)Scholes
2)Lampard
3)Gerrard

I always found Stevie G a bit overrated. Constantly being rushed back from injuries all those years probably hasn't helped him either.

Reactions: MrE
The funny thing is, if not for the mob, he and Frank would have shared the midfield in London for the past 10 years

Reactions: MrE
I think it is easier to cheer for Gerrard which leads to him being perhaps overrated. Local guy with only one team. Scored crucial champions league goals. In a weird way, the fact that he played for Liverpool and never won a PL title also makes people like him more. I also think he had more pace the Lampard when in their prime which made him exciting to watch.

When you think of Lampard you think of his amazing goals/assists but with a super talented cast around Chelsea. In the past, you would usually think of Gerrard as the best player guy keeping Liverpool afloat with a decent cast around him

All my opinion from an American point of view. Not sure about the English/Three lions perspective on things.

In summary, Lampard is less dynamic but more consistent than Gerrard.

Frank Lampard is playing brilliant this season for Man City and I'm afraid you guys won't be seeing him in January as City will do all they can to keep him until the end of the season especially with Ya Ya Toure going to the African nations cup.

Frank Lampard is playing brilliant this season for Man City and I'm afraid you guys won't be seeing him in January as City will do all they can to keep him until the end of the season especially with Ya Ya Toure going to the African nations cup.
And Man City would see how quickly the few New Yorkers open to support them that didn't before turn on them.

"all they can", which is nothing, since CFG doesn't own his contract, MLS does.

Some media guy Bryan Swanson iirc said that he spoke to an mls suit who said that the decision was NYCFC's. It's all hearsay until we heard something concrete.

Do you think that will bother City fans, as long as Frank does his job at City nothing else will matter.Man City that is :)
You are over stated how much we care about Man City in New York. The success of Man City is not important to us here we are New York fans first and if Lampard is sign with us he needs to play here. Man City needs to sign it's own players.

Why trollin? ? I'm a Man City fan in Manchester who added to your debate about Frank Lampard.Im a season ticket holder so see Lampard in action and said he is playing really well so we will be keeping him.If you think he will leave City for semi retirement in the Msl your deluding yourselfs.Just being honest if thats being a troll well yes then I am one :-(

Why trollin? ? I'm a Man City fan in Manchester who added to your debate about Frank Lampard.Im a season ticket holder so see Lampard in action and said he is playing really well so we will be keeping him.If you think he will leave City for semi retirement in the Msl your deluding yourselfs.Just being honest if thats being a troll well yes then I am one :-(
This is why Man City and premier league fans get jumped on by the MLS fans.

If that second part is for me, no problem
No no no no. Bluemoon is a very large forum for supporters of MCFC. So he said to save his (Bluemoon's) comments for Bluemoon (the forum for MCFC) as he's not impressing anyone here by blatantly trolling.