Leagues Cup - August 13 - Tigres (Away)

If we win this game there's a chance things get Messi

The rumor I saw today is that he's not playing until the September international window (which ends 11 days before our match against Miami at Yankee Stadium).

Just took a look at the Ticketmaster page for this game -- either they didn't put a lot of seats up for sale, or they've sold a surprising amount of tickets for this game, especially considering some pretty high ticket prices.

Safe to assume this is going to sound like a Tigres home game.

Just took a look at the Ticketmaster page for this game -- either they didn't put a lot of seats up for sale, or they've sold a surprising amount of tickets for this game, especially considering some pretty high ticket prices.

definitely gonna be tigres dominated. their fans show out. nick should definitely prepare the boys for it. it will not be a friendly environment.

It's going to be just like E. Hartford for Guate team in CCL. Surprising large crowd 98% enemies.

have zero confidence going into this match and so, zero expectation. if we somehow win this game, i'll be very happy and impressed. but i have a feeling this game will highlight a lot of our weaknesses. not to mention cushing said the boys were a bit fatigued, which seemed to be the case vs the revs. maybe a loss here wouldn't be the worst thing so everyone can get some good rest and we can make our final push into the playoffs and maybe the stars align and we get that 2nd star above our crest

Reactions: KevinJRogers
have zero confidence going into this match and so, zero expectation. if we somehow win this game, i'll be very happy and impressed. but i have a feeling this game will highlight a lot of our weaknesses. not to mention cushing said the boys were a bit fatigued, which seemed to be the case vs the revs. maybe a loss here wouldn't be the worst thing so everyone can get some good rest and we can make our final push into the playoffs and maybe the stars align and we get that 2nd star above our crest
I can't remember whether it was ZYanksRule ZYanksRule or LionNYC LionNYC who suggested it, but running this tournament like the FA Cup strikes me as a terrific idea, if we must have the tournament at all.

In any event, I see it the same way. It's always great to grab silverware, but I've always been of the opinion the primary goal is to win the MLS Cup. That's our league and that's what we're in business for. If this one goes the other way on us, I wouldn't be heartbroken. We need to be at our best coming down the stretch.

REF: Keylor Herrera
AR1: William Barrios
AR2: Víctor Ramírez
4TH: Jose Ugalde
VAR: Ricardo Montero

Same referee as the Querétaro match. Not a lot of calls, very physical, let them play.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

What else is there to say? Ref was horrible, but he was horrible both ways. Gutsy win against a good tigres side. Gotta say, watching Gignac whine to the ref about everything was very entertaining. haha.

anybody know what the scuffle at the end was about?