Mix Gone?

Who do you think will be here next season vs who won't be?

I can see Hernandez, Ballouchy, Lopez, Mix and White? Maybe Mena too going? Maybe Lamps too.

Look at the payroll for clues. Mikey isn't going anywhere. He's so cheap he doesn't even count versus are cap. White is also only $62k. Medhi is $71k. TT is $82k.

The players who make way too much and contribute too little are as follows (and it fits w the Mix thread):
Mix $761k
Mena $220k
Henandez (debatable) $200k
Stiven (wide right) Mendoza $207k
Slosh $150k
Diego Martinez $135k
Bravo (bc we're not purchasing him) $110k
And poor Lurch, he doesn't deserve this. $62.5k, but we can't keep an int'l player as a backup keeper with MLS and USOC restrictions.

Look at the payroll for clues. Mikey isn't going anywhere. He's so cheap he doesn't even count versus are cap. White is also only $62k. Medhi is $71k. TT is $82k.

The players who make way too much and contribute too little are as follows (and it fits w the Mix thread):
Mix $761k
Mena $220k
Henandez (debatable) $200k
Stiven (wide right) Mendoza $207k
Slosh $150k
Diego Martinez $135k
Bravo (bc we're not purchasing him) $110k
And poor Lurch, he doesn't deserve this. $62.5k, but we can't keep an int'l player as a backup keeper with MLS and USOC restrictions.

I can't believe with gave Slosh a salary increase this year. But I agree, Lurch's international spot is a waste since Vieira is not putting him for use.

I'm not saying I think Mix should be in the stands, I'm saying that whatever the reason is it's probably not because of Vieira/Mix personality issues. To me that seems like the least plausible reason.

These are professionals, and there's a lot of money involved. Hard to imagine there's been a playground dustup and now Mix isn't getting chosen to a side. I do think it's possibly stupid that Mix isn't playing, but I also find it very hard to believe that it's some weird unexplainable personal thing that Vieira's doing that's brought this about.
It's not talent, because I think we can agree mix would come in ahead of Steven Mendoza in the cm pecking order. Not effort since most people are reporting mix is busting his ass. I'm open to other suggestions, I just can't think of any other reasons

Maybe Mix is sick and it's being kept quiet for a number of reasons

Maybe Mix is sick and it's being kept quiet for a number of reasons
That would be a pretty big charade if true. He's still making sponsorship videos and other appearances, not to mention being part of all practices. I can't imagine what sort of sickness would allow him to still be that active but not play in games. That last part is the biggest difference between a possible charade with Mix and the Absentee Defender George John (who never practiced) - now that was a serious charade by the club/player.

I just don't get why you'd keep a weapon like that off the pitch for months. Sure he might have been lower on the food chain, but PV had to have seen this coming (Lamp/Pirlo injury). He should have at least subbed him in now and then to keep him match fit. Practice or not, he's not going to be 100% right now, and it's going to bite PV in the ass when we start fuckin Mikey or Ballouchy in place of Frank. I still think they were trying to sell him off this summer so they didn't want him getting injured, but once that window shut he should have been in every 18.

Reactions: Ulrich
I'm not following, can you explain?

CFG is ultimately pulling the strings, I think. They want things a very specific way. "The City way." We all know Mix has struggled but we also know that he CAN play. If Khiry made his way out of the "doghouse" and Poku caught a bag in Miami and Mikey has seen run outs...

It just HAS to be something more. What that is, I have no idea but I can't help but feel that it is the lovefest between CFG and Lampard.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I'm open to other suggestions, I just can't think of any other reasons
Consider this under the heading, "I'm not saying this IS what happened but just pointing out that we don't know."

After being benched early in the season Mix was outspoken about other players not pulling their weight, not being as capable as he is, etc, etc. Perhaps this even persisted multiple times after PV warnings. After 3 strikes PV, a coach who has made clear he values team camaraderie, told Mix there is no place on the team for a player who so directly disparages his teammates.

Here's another. All this talk about Mix being in such great shape. When did that happen? I don't recall it until recently. Did he get bitter about being benched and slack off, even further hurting his chances of getting back into the lineup? Did he then hit the training hard again only after he saw no takers when he was shopped in July?

If you try hard, there are lots of possible stories. Some here are telling only stories of how it's PV's fault. Some are blaming CFG. Seems no one is blaming Mix. But in truth, it could be any or all of them. We just don't know.

Consider this under the heading, "I'm not saying this IS what happened but just pointing out that we don't know."

After being benched early in the season Mix was outspoken about other players not pulling their weight, not being as capable as he is, etc, etc. Perhaps this even persisted multiple times after PV warnings. After 3 strikes PV, a coach who has made clear he values team camaraderie, told Mix there is no place on the team for a player who so directly disparages his teammates.

Here's another. All this talk about Mix being in such great shape. When did that happen? I don't recall it until recently. Did he get bitter about being benched and slack off, even further hurting his chances of getting back into the lineup? Did he then hit the training hard again only after he saw no takers when he was shopped in July?

If you try hard, there are lots of possible stories. Some here are telling only stories of how it's PV's fault. Some are blaming CFG. Seems no one is blaming Mix. But in truth, it could be any or all of them. We just don't know.
I see what you are saying, but it is objectively hurting the team to not play mix at this point. If it is some 3 strikes you are out issue, PV is hurting the team with that. You are wasting how many bench spots? Mix's spot is wasted, Ballouchy and Lopez are wasted since they are not above Steven Mendoza on the CM depth chart. PV doesn't get enough crap for my liking. Hernandez in at RB, Slosh as persistent mess at goal. He's gettign into Kreis territory

Actually, a lot of people are blaming Mix by saying he didn't play well. And as others have pointed out, he played with he players he was lined up with, but he was never lined up with what has become our starting lineup (Harrison & Iraola).

To your other points, when info came out and when did he get into shape - that may matter, but in the court of public opinion, he who gets out in front first is in a better position of power. Even if something goes wrong, own up to it and don't hide the issue.

Mix has never said anything negative about his situation and has been honest - saying more than he already has would very likely throw somebody under the bus and he's not doing it even though he's had many opportunities. And people covering the team have seen Mix practicing non-stop since the benching - that's nothing new - if his form looked bad, they'd have reported it.

The flip side is that PV and NYCFC have not gotten out in front of the situation - they gave coach-speak and nothing more; even after the trade deadline passed, they've evaded all questions about Mix. They've done the exact opposite of getting out in front and are now faced with reacting to questions and hyperbole. Fair or not, they've put themselves in a weak position because of their lack of transparency.

With Lampard ailing and if he can't play, they have to hope that whatever lineup PV puts out is able to perform and get the results needed (wins). If not, questions will dog them during the season, and after, regarding the use/non-use of Mix. A slide in the standings without using Mix will start to border on the handling of the original Lampard fiasco - that's another one they failed to get in front of.

CFG is ultimately pulling the strings, I think. They want things a very specific way. "The City way." We all know Mix has struggled but we also know that he CAN play. If Khiry made his way out of the "doghouse" and Poku caught a bag in Miami and Mikey has seen run outs...

It just HAS to be something more. What that is, I have no idea but I can't help but feel that it is the lovefest between CFG and Lampard.

Oh, based on the seeming confidence of your initial post I thought you might have some kind of new info. I don't find this convincing. If Mix and Lampard were battling for a starting spot and Lampard came out ahead maybe I could see it. But he is clearly much further down the depth chart than that.

I totally missed this. Was he tweeting this? In interviews? I need links.

No, FootyLovin FootyLovin made it up as a hypothetical.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I totally missed this. Was he tweeting this? In interviews? I need links.

The only thing I can think of, and we can look that up in the USOC thread, is Mix didn't come out after that match in Fordham. IIRC, there was speculation (or a report) that he threw a fit there, but I don't know if that came from anyone within earshot, or just a speculative reason he wouldn't come out. Too busy to search through that thread to get my answer. Anyone else feel free.

And this is how internet rumors start. Please read what I started the post with:

I'm not saying this IS what happened but just pointing out that we don't know.

Which brings me to:
I see what you are saying, but it is objectively hurting the team to not play mix at this point.
Only if playing him is better for the team. There are many examples of objectively great players hurting teams. E.g., Miracle on Ice. You don't know. Maybe you're right and this is just PV being stubborn. Maybe the players took a vote and all said they never want to play with him again. Maybe it's CFG. Maybe Mix is asked by PV every week to go into the 18 and he says no every time.

We don't know.

So blaming PV or Mix or CFG is baseless. The word I would use is whinery. "I'm angry and I don't know who to blame so I'm gonna yell about that guy."

As for me: I hate it. But I don't know who to blame. So I'm not going to throw baseless accusations.

And this is how internet rumors start. Please read what I started the post with:

I'm not saying this IS what happened but just pointing out that we don't know.

Which brings me to:

Only if playing him is better for the team. There are many examples of objectively great players hurting teams. E.g., Miracle on Ice. You don't know. Maybe you're right and this is just PV being stubborn. Maybe the players took a vote and all said they never want to play with him again. Maybe it's CFG. Maybe Mix is asked by PV every week to go into the 18 and he says no every time.

We don't know.

So blaming PV or Mix or CFG is baseless. The word I would use is whinery. "I'm angry and I don't know who to blame so I'm gonna yell about that guy."

As for me: I hate it. But I don't know who to blame. So I'm not going to throw baseless accusations.
I blame you. Just so we can get a full-on Mexican stand-off going.