Mix Gone?

Mix has never said anything negative about his situation and has been honest - saying more than he already has would very likely throw somebody under the bus and he's not doing it even though he's had many opportunities.
The flip side is that PV and NYCFC have not gotten out in front of the situation - they gave coach-speak and nothing more; even after the trade deadline passed, they've evaded all questions about Mix.
So when Mix fails to explain what happened, he's being noble and not throwing anyone under the bus.

When PV does the same he's giving coach-speak and being evasive.

Holy double standard Batman.

And this is how internet rumors start. Please read what I started the post with:

I'm not saying this IS what happened but just pointing out that we don't know.

Which brings me to:

Only if playing him is better for the team. There are many examples of objectively great players hurting teams. E.g., Miracle on Ice. You don't know. Maybe you're right and this is just PV being stubborn. Maybe the players took a vote and all said they never want to play with him again. Maybe it's CFG. Maybe Mix is asked by PV every week to go into the 18 and he says no every time.

We don't know.

So blaming PV or Mix or CFG is baseless. The word I would use is whinery. "I'm angry and I don't know who to blame so I'm gonna yell about that guy."

As for me: I hate it. But I don't know who to blame. So I'm not going to throw baseless accusations.
probably your dickiest post ever on here. Hope whatever shit is going on in your life resolves itself soon! :)

So when Mix fails to explain what happened, he's being noble and not throwing anyone under the bus.

When PV does the same he's giving coach-speak and being evasive.

Holy double standard Batman.
Not a double standard at all.

Mix is not in a position to place himself either on the bench or on the field. He's in a position to do what is asked of him which is to practice hard, be in shape, and support the team at home games and otherwise; if there's more than that then nobody is saying. He can only control what's in his hands and saying anything about anybody else would be throwing them under the bus.

With regard to PV/NYCFC, they are in the position to say who gets in the 18. It is therefore their place to explain their selections. That's not throwing somebody under the bus, it's actually owning up to a decision made with a rational explanation, because the buck stops with them. The way they're handling it, they don't want to own up to it, they want as little transparency as possible when field conditions the league table are both blowing holes in the rationale.

Hell, back with Lampardgate, everybody was angry that neither Lampard nor CFG would admit the truth. Either or both had a hand in him staying in Europe, which is why fans were pissed with both. If Mix was asked right now if he wants on the field, he'd say hell yes, so yeah, it's on PV/NYCFC to explain why he isn't.

Reactions: Gavin23
it's on PV/NYCFC to explain why
I agree with everything you're saying up to this one point. While I'd *like* them to explain they have no actual obligation to explain anything to us. And actually, I can see why they may want to hold some info close to the vest so as to give opposing teams as little info as possible. Not sure they're allowed to go overboard into passing out disinformation but that's a different discussion.

Executive summary: it's their ball and they don't have to explain if they don't wanna.

We don't have to like that though.

I agree with everything you're saying up to this one point. While I'd *like* them to explain they have no actual obligation to explain anything to us. And actually, I can see why they may want to hold some info close to the vest so as to give opposing teams as little info as possible. Not sure they're allowed to go overboard into passing out disinformation but that's a different discussion.

Executive summary: it's their ball and they don't have to explain if they don't wanna.

We don't have to like that though.
I agree they aren't obligated to explain themselves, but they risk a giant blowback in the court of public opinion. And the problem with that is its not the first time they've absolutely screwed up a PR situation.

Until this past game they got a pass because the team was performing well and Lampard/Pirlo were healthy, but now that Lampard is injured (which a bunch of us were worried about) and PV played a winger in his place over the two mids on the bench (thus suggesting/reinforcing their roles on the team), it calls into question his short term & long term decisions with Mix. Luckily NYCFC scraped a point from the game so their feet aren't yet on the fire, but going forward if Lamps can't play and coming results aren't there, the "obligation" becomes serious damage control, and there's no way they'll come out smelling like roses short of an Orwellian blind-side twist to the situation that is so out-there that nobody has been able to conceive it (67 word sentence).

P.s. I don't think a single team has prepared for us with the idea that they'll see Mix, so any info NYCFC gives out (or doesn't give out) isn't, playing it close to the vest.

With Lampard's injury, our starting lineup is looking like: Harrison, Villa, Shelton, TMac, Pirlo, Iraola, Mata, Brillant, Hernandez, Allen, Saunders.

So our seven on the bench: Johansen, Mena, Taylor, Mendoza, Bravo, Lopez, Ballouchy

I'd like to see Mix in there instead of Ballouchy.

Hmm. I never intend that.

I also think life is reasonably good right now. I'll have to reassess.

In any case, my apologies.
Of course you would. You go around ruining Mix's playing time all willynilly and don't expect to answer to anyone.

Reactions: FootyLovin
57000308.jpg