Mix Gone?

This. He fit the formation but for his salary, it doesn't work.

Yup. Mix isn't the problem, it's his pay. His salary dictates he should be a sure starter each game. He could have definitely had a role on this team....but a role player is more like a 100k-200k max. I think if he was a starter, he would get better. We are a win always team and can't see us being a place for development, unless you got the goods. I'm disappointed to maybe see him go, but I'm ok with it. It makes sense.

Yup. Mix isn't the problem, it's his pay. His salary dictates he should be a sure starter each game. He could have definitely had a role on this team....but a role player is more like a 100k-200k max. I think if he was a starter, he would get better. We are a win always team and can't see us being a place for development, unless you got the goods. I'm disappointed to maybe see him go, but I'm ok with it. It makes sense.
One other spin to put on this.

Pirlo and Mix naturally play the same role. So Mix rides pine. However, TMac and Frank also play the same role. But TMac adjusted, showed something different, and now is a regular starter at LW.

I wonder if part of the challenge for Mix has been that he sees himself as one specific piece and would rather compete at that specific spot and lose than adjust and try to shift his game to one of the other possibilities.

I agree and will go you one further. I think Mix can be a solid starter on a lot of teams in MLS and in Europe outside of the top 5-6 leagues. He just isn't one here at NYCFC. I like him a lot, so it hurts to say it. Best for him and us to find another solution.

First training session of the week is tomorrow so we'll see who is and isn't in training.

They don't train on Mondays after a Saturday game? I bet they didn't train the Monday before the RedBull Wedding and we all saw how that worked out...

Reactions: Kjbert
One things for sure - if they are shipping off both Poku and Mix, then they damn well better have their replacement(s) lined up already. If we go balls deep into the transfer window without seeing someone new come in, then they fucked up. So far, I'd say with the last transfer window the FO did a decent job. They definitely stumbled on the Teixeira deal, and we ended up with Brillant, but for the most part I think Bravo / Harrison / Mata were good examples of them getting it done. Lets hope they already ironed it all out and we wrap up this window early.

Last edited:
One things for sure - if they are shipping off both Poku and Mix, then they damn well better have their replacement(s) lined up already. If we go balls deep into the transfer window without seeing someone new come in, then they fucked up. So far, I'd say with the last transfer window the FO did a decent job. They definitely stumbled on the Teixeira deal, and we ended up with Brillant, but for the most part I think Bravo / Harrison / Mata were good examples of them getting it done. Lets hope they already ironed it all out and we wrap up this window early.
If reports of Mendoza leaving are also true (back to the Indian Super League), and they find a home for Mullins to go along with Poku and Mix, then I would not be surprised if at least one replacement is a MCFC castoff.... We know Pep is coming in and cleaning house to get the guys he wants & needs, so there will be a surplus of players finding themselves persona non grata at the Etihad, and I bet one of them arrives here - either cheaply because they weren't a star over there, or on a future-DP style contract to replace Lamps in 2017.

What are the chances of Saunders being shipped to Puerto Rico? I realize they have three keepers already, but none of them have any legitimate experience to speak of, and Saunders is supposedly full of leadership skills..... get rid of his salary, add some of the GAM we're getting, and maybe Guzan is requesting a big city team to play for after toiling at Aston Villa (so MLS works their magic)???

Regardless of the outcome of Mix Diskerud, he is not the problem. Jason Kreis and Claudio Reyna and CFG are the problem wanting to sign a big USMNT star to NYCFC and pay whatever it took.

A lesson to future MLS expansion clubs, don't follow 2014/15 NYCFC.

I've spent way too much time talking to people about NYCFC and stayed up way too late last night watching the Copa and Game of Thrones.

As a result; I had a dream Mix Diskerud was sold to Minnesota United.

Absolutely no reasoning or inside info here, just my delirious dreams, though if it happens I want it known that I dreamt it first.

Mix is Nordic, Minnesota is Nordic. The hair fits. The North Remembers.

If reports of Mendoza leaving are also true (back to the Indian Super League), and they find a home for Mullins to go along with Poku and Mix, then I would not be surprised if at least one replacement is a MCFC castoff.... We know Pep is coming in and cleaning house to get the guys he wants & needs, so there will be a surplus of players finding themselves persona non grata at the Etihad, and I bet one of them arrives here - either cheaply because they weren't a star over there, or on a future-DP style contract to replace Lamps in 2017.

What are the chances of Saunders being shipped to Puerto Rico? I realize they have three keepers already, but none of them have any legitimate experience to speak of, and Saunders is supposedly full of leadership skills..... get rid of his salary, add some of the GAM we're getting, and maybe Guzan is requesting a big city team to play for after toiling at Aston Villa (so MLS works their magic)???

I haven't seen the Mendoza reports. Link?

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Mix has never really done ANYTHING in his career of note - be it here or overseas. He's contributed a little for the USMNT.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Interesting. I personally would prefer not to see him go so quickly unless we are adding a quality winger in July or he is genuinely unhappy and wants to leave. With the roster as it is today, I still think he has a role to play, though I've been high (perhaps irrationally) on him from the start.

One things for sure - if they are shipping off both Poku and Mix, then they damn well better have their replacement(s) lined up already. If we go balls deep into the transfer window without seeing someone new come in, then they fucked up.
I think this is hysteria.

We've seen three transfer windows with the following results:
  1. Villa, Mix, Lamps, TMac, Poku, et al. (I know Lamps gets a big asterisk, but that was still a solid set of signings.)
  2. Pirlo, Iraola, et al.. (Granted, Iraola took until this year to find a great spot, but he's pretty damn valuable of late.)
  3. Jack, Mata, Bravo, Brillant, et al.
The "et al"s are necessary as a reminder that not every signing works out, but we've grabbed some pretty good ones along the way, including RJ outside of any of the windows. In every window CFG has signed multiple impact players and always more talent coming in than going out.

But what if you are right and CFG has lined up absolutely nothing. What is our depth if Poku and Mix leave?

F: Villa, Jack, Shelton, Mendoza, Mullins, TT99
F/M: TMac
M: Pirlo, Lamps, Iraola, Bravo, Lopez
D/M: Mata
D: Hernandez, Brillant, RJ, Mena, Martinez, White
K: Saunders, Lurch

And wherever the fuck it is that Gomez plays, I can't even remember, plus anyone else I forgot. (Tired brain after workout.)

With TMac and Mata both being able to switch to mid it seems to me we have pretty decent coverage everywhere. And that's if, and again, I think it is a massive IF, CFG, for the first time in our existence, sign zero impact players during a transfer window.

So let's all calm down a bit.

I think this is hysteria.

We've seen three transfer windows with the following results:
  1. Villa, Mix, Lamps, TMac, Poku, et al. (I know Lamps gets a big asterisk, but that was still a solid set of signings.)
  2. Pirlo, Iraola, et al.. (Granted, Iraola took until this year to find a great spot, but he's pretty damn valuable of late.)
  3. Jack, Mata, Bravo, Brillant, et al.
The "et al"s are necessary as a reminder that not every signing works out, but we've grabbed some pretty good ones along the way, including RJ outside of any of the windows. In every window CFG has signed multiple impact players and always more talent coming in than going out.

But what if you are right and CFG has lined up absolutely nothing. What is our depth if Poku and Mix leave?

F: Villa, Jack, Shelton, Mendoza, Mullins, TT99
F/M: TMac
M: Pirlo, Lamps, Iraola, Bravo, Lopez
D/M: Mata
D: Hernandez, Brillant, RJ, Mena, Martinez, White
K: Saunders, Lurch

And wherever the fuck it is that Gomez plays, I can't even remember, plus anyone else I forgot. (Tired brain after workout.)

With TMac and Mata both being able to switch to mid it seems to me we have pretty decent coverage everywhere. And that's if, and again, I think it is a massive IF, CFG, for the first time in our existence, sign zero impact players during a transfer window.

So let's all calm down a bit.
Can Gomez play Wing???? or are we trying not to play Gomez so we can buy him outright at a cheaper valuation