MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

redeemed as well! pretty awesome. IT was as seemless as clicking a button on the tuesday app, logging into my apple id, and that was it. free until feb 1 2024.
(I will note i redeemed it for my main apple id - i don't know if and how sharing would work with the free tmobile one but i'd have to imagine it's not?)

Reactions: moogoo
I also redeemed it today! One note though, is that my apple account says I am signed up for the monthly plan. If you switch from T-Mobile during the season, it's theoretically possible that you will be cancelled or at worst billed monthly by apple. So keep an eye if you (or your TMobile friend) switch providers.

Reactions: Kenny
Commercial cost for bars etc to carry and show the Apple MLS package (via DirecTV) is $100.

All the fears that establishments would not be willing to pay should be wiped out. Any sports bar that won't pay $100 for the package is foolish.
this is amazing. I really think Apple is going to do a great job with this.

Reactions: adam
Reactions: Sabo
Am i missing something? I can’t find highlights of games anywhere. I see nycfc uploaded in youtube but not for others.

I have no hard info. Hope it clears up. This would not help you, but I wonder if worldwide rights could still be restricted by account specifics, in that only people with Italy based accounts can watch in Italy.
It turns out I was able to access the game just fine. I just couldn’t stay awake for it. Lucky me.

Cangialosi and Doyle do several previews together with the same backgrounds. So it wasn't a specifically directed dig. Maybe MLS should have asked him to remove it. Maybe MLS likes stirring things up like this. A couple of weeks ago they released a short promo video and 2 seconds of it showed someone slapping a NYCFC sticker over a Red Bull logo. I don't think the forum noticed it, but twitter and reddit NYCFC fans sure took the opportunity to claim it proved something or other. I think it's silly but the league hardly swings in just one direction with this stuff.

With respect to what is said:
Cangialosi praises NYCFC for making the conference finals after Taty and Ronny left midseason and says a healthy Keaton Parks would have made a big difference for the entire year and they both agree he's a very underrated player. Cangialosi notes that he voted for Callens as Defender of the Year. The "transient history" line is not even a full sentence, it's a passing reference made while discussing Mayor Adams and the announcement of the new stadium coming near Citi Field.

Doyle says Maxi had one of the great underrated careers in MLS history. He says MLS people think Tallles is a top 5 player in the league and he agrees, though more as a winger than as a 9 or false 9. He reminds everyone that NYCFC has been the best regular season team since 2016 and now have 2 cups.

Bottom line, apart from the RB jerseys, the substance of the discussion contains nothing for a NYCFC fan to be reasonably annoyed at.

Finally, there is also nothing in the discussion a forum regular does not know, and it was clearly recorded at least several days ago or more because there is no hint that Santi might be coming back. They just seem to think he's gone for good. Also, a forum member is visible somewhat prominently for several seconds.
Regarding Cangelosi, people need to remember that a couple of years ago, he and Messing called the Hudson River Derby game in Yankee Stadium for Fox. They were the 2nd crew as Strong/Holden had a different game that day. The Red Bull crew called it straight down the middle. They were fine.

Reactions: Gene and mgarbowski