MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

it's uncanny how awful the commentary has been. I just turn off the audio, to be honest. Talk about THE GAME YOU'RE WATCHING. that's what a commentator is supposed to do.

home games are good cause you can just listen to glenn and matty.

away games have been a real chore to sit through.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I understand the idea of wanting to take baby steps to talk to your potentially new fans to the league but come on. They have to know by now that 85% of the subscribers have been following the league for years, right?
it's uncanny how awful the commentary has been. I just turn off the audio, to be honest. Talk about THE GAME YOU'RE WATCHING. that's what a commentator is supposed to do.

I understand the idea of wanting to take baby steps to talk to your potentially new fans to the league but come on. They have to know by now that 85% of the subscribers have been following the league for years, right?
plus dropping all the well-loved individual broadcasters. A lot of them were real quality and knew a lot about the players from both teams. These gorups seem to do less of that. Meh.

I think they're also struggling and end up overcompensating, knowing that they've replaced local announcers who knew the home teams inside and out. In the clip I criticized, KdSA goes on and on about Nashville's striker corps and their difficulties at that position. She did some homework. Good!. But Nashville fans probably didn't hear anything they don't know and we don't particularly care and NYCFC was building up to a big moment that was ignored until after it happened. We're going nutmeg - service - header - BOOM and she's talking about Teal Bunbury on Nashville's bench.

I think they're also struggling and end up overcompensating, knowing that they've replaced local announcers who knew the home teams inside and out. In the clip I criticized, KdSA goes on and on about Nashville's striker corps and their difficulties at that position. She did some homework. Good!. But Nashville fans probably didn't hear anything they don't know and we don't particularly care and NYCFC was building up to a big moment that was ignored until after it happened. We're going nutmeg - service - header - BOOM and she's talking about Teal Bunbury on Nashville's bench.
I think the issue is that color commentators are supposed to be talking during the "filler" times - but when stuff happens, the main should be taking over to talk about the game. Maybe with time this will improve?

I think the issue is that color commentators are supposed to be talking during the "filler" times - but when stuff happens, the main should be taking over to talk about the game. Maybe with time this will improve?
Good point. That could be a function of these mostly (if not all) being new partnerships. Egan should have cut into her monologue no later than when Talles started dealing. When partners really know each other it can flow, so she can give her entire analysis for 30-40 seconds while he jumps in for quick interjections about ongoing play.

Good point. That could be a function of these mostly (if not all) being new partnerships. Egan should have cut into her monologue no later than when Talles started dealing. When partners really know each other it can flow, so she can give her entire analysis for 30-40 seconds while he jumps in for quick interjections about ongoing play.
I'm imagining Ray Hudson with and the other dude that just know exactly when and how to play off each other - the main guy knows when to let Ray monologue.
These partnerships are take a while to build, think Ian and Joe.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
HALLELEUH...

Apple TV finally added the setting to disable scores on non-apple devices. Go to your profile settings and it's ALL THE WAY at the bottom. As the setting says, it only effects the immediate browser and not across all devices. You'll have to do it for each browser you use to access MLS. Just happy it is here.

1682037268523.png

I'm imagining Ray Hudson with and the other dude that just know exactly when and how to play off each other - the main guy knows when to let Ray monologue.
These partnerships are take a while to build, think Ian and Joe.
Another guy MLS could have hired from a local crew and inexplicably did not.

HALLELEUH...

Apple TV finally added the setting to disable scores on non-apple devices. Go to your profile settings and it's ALL THE WAY at the bottom. As the setting says, it only effects the immediate browser and not across all devices. You'll have to do it for each browser you use to access MLS. Just happy it is here.

View attachment 12693
Weirdly, I believe it is still impossible to adjust this on the AppleTV app on a mac computer. You can do it in browsers on any machine or device. You can do it on the AppleTV app an AppleTV box, or an iPhone or iPad. But not in the same App on a Mac.

• Sad
Reactions: moogoo