MLS - August 4 - Chicago (Away)

And see what happened!?!?
Listened to the second half and man it sounded like one heck of a stinker. When substitutions were announced I found it odd that Cacha came on for Thiago and then really wondered why it wasn’t for Parks after he got the red. Commentators said Parks was pretty terrible all night. It sounded like Ronny lost any clue he might have found about managing this team. What’s a disappointment.

Listened to the second half and man it sounded like one heck of a stinker. When substitutions were announced I found it odd that Cacha came on for Thiago and then really wondered why it wasn’t for Parks after he got the red. Commentators said Parks was pretty terrible all night. It sounded like Ronny lost any clue he might have found about managing this team. What’s a disappointment.

the guys were tired and it was clear to see. Ronny should have rotated instead of running down our guys EVEN FURTHER ahead of a tough away game vs a full strength TFC.

his subs were odd and his tactics were poor vs a chicago side who defended and pressed fairly well. we never had control of the ball or found any real rhythm.

add to that, morales getting bullied all over the middle of the field, some sloppy touches, and it was just a stinker of a game. This was a perfect game to play some kids and get people with FRESH legs some minutes. This is when we should be relying on our depth.

ronny's tactics and poor subs bites him in the ass again.

We look uninspired. Passes weren't connecting and a lot of errant turnovers. No production in the final third. Chicago dribbled right through our midfield. We weren't really tested, but we really didn't test Chicago either. One of those seemingly rare 0-0 NYCFC duds of a game.

25 goal scoring match streak snapped. Didn't gain ground in the East.

I hope we're more productive on Saturday.

Great game to put on an App that no one watches.

Shocking that some of you guys still believe in this team. We’re mediocre and play in a mediocre conference

Great game to put on an App that no one watches.

Shocking that some of you guys still believe in this team. We’re mediocre and play in a mediocre conference

4th game in a congested schedule with essentially the same players. they were bound to get tired and not perform as well.

The only thing I can think is they are prioritizing the game vs Pumas. Start your regular xi vs Chicago and rotate Saturday so you have your strongest xi rested for a full week?
I guess? I don't know why you'd prioritize that one. I guess that's their prerogative...

Reactions: Kjbert
Did anyone else think both Yellows against Keaton were fairly soft?
Yes. The second was incredibly soft IMO.

The first one I thought was a yellow when I saw it live, but then the slower replay, I then thought it was a very soft yellow. So in that regard, I'm more ok with it since the ref didn't have the luxury of viewing a slower, zoomed-in replay himself.

Silverware but no meaning aside from bragging rights. At least the Supporters’ Shield gives you a CCL birth and a bye in the playoffs.

yea bragging rights. but it's at least an international competition. i'd much rather win SS and/or MLS cup. But ronny's rotation/sub strategy has always been a complete mystery.