MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

For anyone still looking for tickets but don't want to pay $200, keep checking Stubhub periodically. I've checked a couple times today an sporadically see seats listed for $60-80 (plus crazy fees) every now and then. Im guessing that seats aren't moving quickly enough in the $150+ range and some people just want to get them sold quickly.

BTW, has anyone given any more info on what the players did besides the word "party" having been thrown around?

Reactions: Kjbert
Re asterisk. If we win (and let's please all keep saying if so as not to anger the soccer gods with our hubris), the one asterisk element I see is that our beloved neighbors across the river will scream bloody murder.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
BTW, has anyone given any more info on what the players did besides the word "party" having been thrown around?
I saw one post on their reddit alluding to "the damning photos on IG" but I have no idea what photos are up and how relevant they are. Other than that I think the "Party" rumor is sourced by on random tweeter. I'm not sure if any credible people hinted at any party rumors.

I saw one post on their reddit alluding to "the damning photos on IG" but I have no idea what photos are up and how relevant they are. Other than that I think the "Party" rumor is sourced by on random tweeter. I'm not sure if any credible people hinted at any party rumors.

There was a party? Did someone cross reference Weston’s movements with the Philadelphia Union hahahhha

We would have to win the Final so there's no asterisk.

But it still sucks though. Never want to win this way.
it sucks. but it is what it is. we are also not at full strength. we just happen to have a deeper squad so it's not AS noticeable.

For anyone still looking for tickets but don't want to pay $200, keep checking Stubhub periodically. I've checked a couple times today an sporadically see seats listed for $60-80 (plus crazy fees) every now and then. Im guessing that seats aren't moving quickly enough in the $150+ range and some people just want to get them sold quickly.

Must've missed those deals because I haven't seen anything below $99 over the last two days.

Have any of their players pub locally apologized or made any statements?

I’m not for moving this game. Absolutely not. There’s no reason that a team should receive preferential treatment. If for some reason they can’t field a team it should be a forfeit. Everyone involved was aware of risks.

We would have to win the Final so there's no asterisk.

But it still sucks though. Never want to win this way.
No asterisk. We just beat the best team in MLS this year (all time most points in a season) on their astroturf field without two of our best players and with 10 men in the last however many minutes. Also won the penalty shootout against the best goalkeeper in MLS this season. The campaign is not over but how we got to this point is a frigging great accomplishment. This team just needs to take care of business tomorrow no matter the situation.

Last edited:
No asterisk. We just beat the best team in MLS this year (all time most points in a season) on their astroturf field without two of our best players and with 10 men in the last however many minutes. Then we beat the best goalkeeper in MLS this season in a penalty shoot out. The campaign is not over but how we got to this point is a frigging great accomplishment. This team just needs to take care of business tomorrow no matter the situation.

and they were at full strength.

Philly just made 3 short term signings

also anyone know any good cheesesteak places near or on the way to the stadium

Reactions: CCMore
I think the really important sentence in this article is as follows

“As of Saturday, Philadelphia had 11 players listed as out due to the league’s health and safety protocols.”

We’ve been conjecturing if some or any of those players will be able to play and I think that really seals the deal coming from the MLS website. BUT, you can point to many times how mlssoccer.com has misspoken in the past so…

It also says “as of Saturday” which means that The list can change in both directions by adding or subtracting players potentially.

Reactions: Kjbert and 413Blue
If rival banter is a concern, losing to a covid depleted roster to miss the MLS Cup would provide a lifetime supply. I much prefer the “you won the MLS Cup because” banter.

If rival banter is a concern, losing to a covid depleted roster to miss the MLS Cup would provide a lifetime supply. I much prefer the “you won the MLS Cup because” banter.

We have to win this game now. All the pressure is on NYCFC and rightfully so. Both of their center backs will have barely played this season, and their fullbacks are out, too. They will have to play defensive and try to make it 0-0, but we really have to find a way through. I know Taty is out, but the guys we have are capable. They need to show their talent. No excuses.

Philly just made 3 short term signings

also anyone know any good cheesesteak places near or on the way to the stadium
So where are you coming from and at what time.

Chester is NOT Philadelphia. I really wouldn’t recommend that the casual visitor go looking for a place to eat.

If you are looking for a non tailgate spot tomorrow, go have lunch in Media, PA.